THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I was thinking about that at one point - maybe make the walls a bit lighter or something, but decided not to. I'm also gonna mess with the shadow near the doors a bit so they look a little more natural - have a bit of light from the next room mixed with the shadow. Hopefully it'll help the perspective a bit. :P

Eh, might as well post this for the new page. It's the bottom floor of the inn.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
That looks really good, for the roof tiles in fact they're fine as they are (rooftiles!), just a little problem maybe with the light, its outline and the fact that it should decrease progressively, where is it coming from?

@UPRC : Liberty makes a point by saying flat roofs are more often found in deserts, but then again, you'll never have a wooden house in the desert, much too hot, it would be stonewalls , so isnt'it possible that there are flat roofed houses, elsewhere, and those could be wooden?
There's some lamps on the walls, but they can't be seen because of the view. :P Now that I look at it a bit more, I think I'm gonna have to mess with the shadows some more. Ah well.
Last time, and just because I feel like they look better in motion/during gameplay. Also for some reason the colours in the video are brighter than they really are. Don't know why that happened.

chana
It definitely looks good; of course one could argue that rain or snow would just accumulate on flat roofs (reason they're like that in the desert, to save the rain water), but you could also have some type of evacuation of that water in places where you don't need to keep that water {for the snow it's a bit more tricky., just shovel it out!) Anyways, I can say I just checked with google quite a few wooden flat roofed house surrounded by greenery...)
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
@UPRC: Is that... Sim City music I hear in Valsburg village? I also like what you did with the sign shadows, not once has that ever occurred to me to even try (>.<''). Maybe it's me, but in Valsburg I feel like you have a lot of bushes group together too often.
Well...I like it, UPRC. The town's layout is simple, but easy enough to know what's going on and where to go. I'm a pretty big fan of simple, but yet elegent, styled towns that don't have a lot of confusing stuff in the background (Ie: Lighting, Overlays, Etc.), so I really like your map. Looks good, pardner. :)

Sim City Music FTW! ^^
UPRC, that video is awesome :D Nice music choices and I really like the style you have!
@UPRC: The shadows under the signs don't really make sense. Because everything else would have to have a shadow. Just cut them out, it's way too jarring imo.
Sweet! Those edits are bangin'! I especially love the kitchen stuff and the lamps~
author=Darken
@UPRC: The shadows under the signs don't really make sense. Because everything else would have to have a shadow. Just cut them out, it's way too jarring imo.

I agree with this 100%.

But, that said, what you could try is a dark grey shadow as an event with the "transparent" box ticked in the event menu. That would look a lot more natural and not totally obscure your hero under a black thing when he moves under it.
@UPRC
The maps look quite nice and lively. In addition to what others have said about things like the shadows under the sign, I think the wintery area looks too green (though if it isn't actually that far North, no worries there).

@Fist
That room looks quite nice! You might want to try blending the two shades of the wall together more, unless the is supposed to be a darker pattern there.
chana
@fist : the lamps are a nice add to the RTP tiles of this pretty interior, why not profit of them to have a nice light effect?
The Beta version will be finished this week or next week.
Working on the different ending sequences at the moment. The good ending has to be way more eppic than the rest, of course.

author=Fist

FIST! You're back! Love the rug :>
author=Deacon Batista
Working on the different ending sequences at the moment. The good ending has to be way more eppic than the rest, of course.

Equal parts gratuitous and intriguing.
@Deacon Batista: Maybe I haven't noticed before, but it seems like Magus in that screenshot has no pants... Whats up with that? :S

still a W.I.P. I'm trying to get it to look like an old world European city sort of thing..
chana
Really nice, love the streetlights and the man sitting on the bench; just the grass could be a bit less square?
author=chana
Really nice, love the streetlights and the man sitting on the bench; just the grass could be a bit less square?
Or perhaps more square. If it's a city the grass would be made to grow in only certain areas. So a park might have a fence around it to keep it tidy. That could serve as a good edging for the grass and make it look less awkward.

Something like this, for instance:

Also, yeah, those street lamps are pretty nice. Great job on them!