THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Deacon Batista
The Beta version will be finished this week or next week.
Working on the different ending sequences at the moment. The good ending has to be way more eppic than the rest, of course.

Rapefest...?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Deacon, that screenshot is... sorry, but I would avoid the game like the plague based on that screen.

I would start by removing exactly two instances of the word "fuck". Then get a map that isn't drawn in fisheye perspective, then take Magus out, then get rid of the planet and stars that you shouldn't see because you're inside a hallway, then pick one color and background for your text boxes and stick with it. And finally, optionally, maybe give the chick pupils in her eyes.
author=LockeZ
Deacon, that screenshot is... sorry, but I would avoid the game like the plague based on that screen.

I would start by removing exactly two instances of the word "fuck". Then get a map that isn't drawn in fisheye perspective, then take Magus out, then get rid of the planet and stars that you shouldn't see because you're inside a hallway, then pick one color and background for your text boxes and stick with it. And finally, optionally, maybe give the chick pupils in her eyes.

Looks like somebody isn't familiar with the sort of games Deacon produces.
How was that hallway made? It looks like a clever bit of coding. In any event, that dialogue reminds me of Dangaioh's English dub (and exactly one person might know what I'm talking about.)

Well, I'm slowly tweaking the RTP combat system, and I'm trying to establish a new visual standard before I go nuts. So, do you guys like this more eclectic array of facial portraits....

Or this more neat and orderly arrangement?

I still have to make a new font, and I'll be embellishing the status window once I make my decision.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=LockeZ

You properly don't know the game is for mature audience and it's not some kiddy game.
You probably don't know the game is very juvenile and doesn't give a fuck about dignity. Is what you meant right?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If that's what a game for mature audiences looks like, I'm glad I grew out of being "mature".
Personally, many parts of it could be explained as artistic choice and as for the language, that could only be called the developer's personal choice, although it does strike me as a bit childish unless your game is looking to be either trying to show a hopeless desperate situation, or trying to copy the charm of something like Trailer Park Boys. But by all means, Remove Magus out of it. If a sprite is too well known for being a character, it does not work for anything else like Frog from Chrono Trigger or Talan from A Blurred Line.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
author=Lucidstillness
How was that hallway made? It looks like a clever bit of coding. In any event, that dialogue reminds me of Dangaioh's English dub (and exactly one person might know what I'm talking about.)

Well, I'm slowly tweaking the RTP combat system, and I'm trying to establish a new visual standard before I go nuts. So, do you guys like this more eclectic array of facial portraits....

Or this more neat and orderly arrangement?

I still have to make a new font, and I'll be embellishing the status window once I make my decision.

If you can, I'd tweak it more so that the numbers are not on top of the portraits. It's hard to read them there. Maybe put all the HP info and stuff below, and raise the portraits a bit so the numbers aren't blocking them.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to add a black border around the numbers when I make a new font, so I'll see how that looks.

One thing I do like about the more eclectic look is that the portraits all have the face next to the name with no overlap. I might try to find a way to keep that while still balancing everything out.
author=Dyhalto
Sasha is a boy's name >:O
I know girls named Sasha, for instance: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000545311373. So, no it is not gender exclusive like James and John are.
Actually, it can be both. It's a diminutive of Alexander and Alexandra. :)

EDIT: Ah, facesforce ninja'd me!
Now worries. :) It's actually good to have more real life examples, since I spend way too much time cloistered in front of my computer.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Darken
You probably don't know the game is very juvenile and doesn't give a fuck about dignity. Is what you meant right?

No one will force you to play it, unless it's Darth Vader, or your properly trollin, brah.
LockeZ
I do like the portraits sticking up out the top of the window, Lucid. A black border around the text should make it easy enough to read.

Keith's portrait seems really washed out compared to the others. Unless that's the result of a status effect, he needs his contrast increased or something to match the others.
benos
Rapefest...?

Nope, it's just the screen when you get killed in that fight. It is ending 1, the lousiest ending. Afterwards you can see an interesting artwork including the dead Aorta.

Locke

@ "fuck": If I'd remove every "f-word" the release date would be on christmas... next year!
@ perspective: I decided just to give the battles those perspective to make them visually more interesting than having the same background as in-game again. That would be too boring.
@ Magus: I used that charset and did not edit it. Yes, that is intended. It gives me one hell of a joke in the story. After all it is not Magus himself. It is just a Magus costume. Remember this is "not another Chrono Trigger fan gam" ;-) So there is an explanation for the appearance of "Magus" in the game's story. Don't worry.
@ planets: all boss fights in video games have awesomely weird backgrounds that make no sense. ^_^
@ textbox color: 1 would be boring. I need 2 for the hero's attacks and for the enemies' attacks.
@ pupils: well, she just died on that screenie...
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@Lucid : I prefer the "more eclectic array of facial portraits", glad to know you're going to change the font (keep it in your style).
Thanks chana. I might stick with that style then when I rework things. :)