THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

It is a really interesting concept, kind of like those parallaxes that were in the last part of sunset over imadahl. I like it, but the scene on the inside is really hard to make out, one could get confused what is going on.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I think Infectionfiles means you're not supposed to see that well, or it doesn't matter as long as you see the doors since you're going to be rushing out very quickly.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Yeah, it's going to be a faster scene where you should move quickly, although you can fight the infected in the way or try to get around them fast.
I didn't think the limited vision would hurt for too long as long as the scene runs fast. (you're escaping an apartment building where there was a gas leak and now explosions)

I'm glad to hear ya'll find it interesting.
Ah I understand then. That is pretty neat then.
Looking for some feedback on the water tiles! Been trying to get rid of the harshness of the black border, and here is what I came up with.

chana
Looks really much better than the old,great work.
It does look quite nice and natural. The edge of the coastline appears to be missing a few connecting pixels, but that is easy enough to fix. Good job!
I've been working on revising my town tileset, making everything less stylized and more 'size-accurate'. Here are the results so far:

For such a simple building, it sure took a long time to do!
Glad to see someone does not use the XP RTP as everybody else and makes his own stuff. The chars look weird (the brown haired guy has blocky shoulders and the blonde long hair on the left need more colors), but the chipset is very nice.

I'm doing some stuff with colors and pictures for VD 3:

Thanks Deacon Batista. I'm going to go back and redo the character sprites using what I've learned once I'm done with the major tilesets.

I like the bright red contrasting with the gray; it's a clever way to have the player pay attention to certain details (I'm using something similar in my game). The map looks good too.

How did you get the trees to become transparent?
How did you get the trees to become transparent?

I used a picture.... and then Move Picture when Hero touches specific events at the bottom.
But maybe it would be more easy to make the trees as events... The map is not too big, so there wouldn't be a lagg. Problem would be the overlapping though. So I guess pictures is the best way to do it.
chana
@Deacon : Interesting effects, and aesthetic.

@Lucid : nice, as usual (detail : the earth is a bit square {as usual!}, the road could be a bit , idk, narrower, diversified?).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Assuming the road is for people and not cars, yeah, I would expect it to be 1 or 2 tiles wide. The house looks really nice.
Thanks again guys!

@Deacon Batista
Ah, a neat trick. I was expecting you to have the tree tiles set to bush or something, but your way might work better.

@chana and LockeZ
Thanks. Yes, I have a problem with square dirt it seems. It's not helped by the fact that my diagonal 'organic' tiles have a flaw which causes any patch that is only one block wide to look unsightly square.

I made the road a bit wider to accommodate carriages, when I finally get around to spriting them (I'm not sure how large they will end up being though). I could add some sidewalks.

I think of all tilesets, towns are the hardest to do. So many details!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ah, if they are for carriages then the size makes sense. I don't think you need sidewalks in addition as they are a much more modern contrivance that didn't come about until after cars became commonplace (carriages mostly shared the roads with pedestrians except in the biggest cities, where there were sometimes designated roads for each)
Hello! I wanted to put this online after working hard on this project, it's a work in progress but a good foundation for the Custom Battle System, Custom Menu, and Custom Shopping Menu which have all been implemented. Eden Gate is a game within a game...you can browse the "Web" play through your music and view downloaded pics along with play the Eden Gate Game all through the in-game desktop. But the main attraction is the simulated on-line game "Eden Gate" where you can check "on-line" message boards and in game: develop your character's stats and interact with the world, discovering all the mysteries of the game. This video is to show the systems that make up the foundation for this RPG Maker game. This will be free to play and I am in no way making profit on this game. This is being developed purely with passion,the depth of my knowledge in game making, and love for what I consider to be a good RPG. Thanks for your interest!

Feedback is appreciated, thanks for your time.
chana
wow, so much beautiful new stuff, not to mention the mapping and the character sprites (except the hero)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWj9Tz_o2w
Because i'm thinking about finishing the translation.
@Sanosuke_
Your game really does look beautiful. I especially like all the little details, such as the spikes rising in and out of the ground in a sequential row. Graphics-wise the only problem I really foresee is that some people might find that the rendered stuff clashes with the spritework, but I honestly don't have a problem with it.

@Kp
Cool trailer! Your game continues to be unique and attention-grabbing.
Thanks for the feedback so far,Chana I can't tell if that comment was directed at me or not but if it was I'm glad you like it =] and Lucid I can see that too, if I could do sprite work I'd custom make them like my rendered backgrounds and I'm glad you noticed the small details here and there... you may or may not have noticed things like the hero blinking, mobs casting protect on themselves, and the slow time affecting the traps (spikes on ground) there are a lot of other things going on in the background like item price fluctuations for both buying and selling, random dialouge/sound generations and random mob behaviors but you can't see them so much unless you look at the coding.

Oh and KP: that was pretty cool I use to love Cowboy and the "Best game in the world" messages got me laughing in a good way.