THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Or then it's the fucking miracles or magic.

h0nk :o)

My new project, hope do you like it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Good music. Dialogue does not make sense. I don't know who's talking or what they're talking about. I'm fine with dialogue being somewhat mysterious, but when it's like this it might as well not even exist.

Also why does a person appear out of nowhere in the middle of the scene? Are those supposed to be stairs from the basement and he or she came up the stairs into the room in the middle of the telepathic conversation between two or more people who don't exist who may or may not be the same person? Was he just invisible until then, and he's one of the people talking? I'm so confused.
Uhm i should have been more specific, well thanks, going to add names to the dialogues. And he didnt appear from nowhere, he was sitting XDD (you can see a bit of his hair, actually)

He was talking to a misterious entity, but yeah, my fault, i should have put a "???:" to the misterious voice. (the top text was supposed to be the Misterious voice)
Thank you all for your feedback and interest! I've been in University all day so its taken a while for me to get a chance to write back.

@Deacon: Yes it is RPG Maker 2k3, the only things I ripped were the sprites and a few pics used in the menus. Most of the Menus and Background Maps were drawn by me. The trees particularly were not ripped but made in 3d software.

@Felipe: Thank you very much, it is actually an RPG Maker game! Also I really like the atmosphere and feel from your new video. It has an air of chaos to it that is further enhanced by the ambiance from the music and lighting.

@Lockez: You are correct in that the screens are from RM, however none of what you see is concept. All screens were taken from in-game and everything you see has been 100% completed. The Shop Menu, Battle System, Harvesting System, Lock Picking System, Mining, and Fishing, along with the Desktop GUI have either been roughly 80% to 100% completed. You cannot see the Desktop GUI, Harvesting, or Lock Picking in these screens but I have submitted my game to the Main Page of RMN if anyone is interested in seeing more of this game in action. There is an old and I'd say outdated video up...the battle system has been enhanced since then along with other aspects of the game but if anyone wants to get an idea the link is:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3598/
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@Felipe :imo, it's well done, sufficiently obscure as it should be, considering the type of story, and of course you know you'll understand better what is going on (went on) as you advance in the story, and the map and lighting is beautiful (no offense, LockeZ).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Lotus_Games: Wow, I'm surprised you were able to get the artwork looking that good in RM2K3. Very nice.

@chana: I definitely agree that front-loading the player with explanations is not necessary or good to do. I just wonder what the value is of a two minute long dialogue in which the player can understand nothing.
Thanks guys ^^

EDIT: Thats the first part of the dialogue, after that the camera makes a pan over the Mansion, but i didnt want to spoil more than that.
chana
I understand the son has committed a crime and his father (conscience) does not agree ?
@Felipe : the english needs serious revising though.
... i seriously need to add names ( and get a more mature sprite), it is the opposite. xDDD

Can you point the errors with the engrish please??? it would be great.
chana
@Felipe:ok, there aren't that many (an impression) :

a(product of my mind)
(what) have I (not :I have)(done)
(I don't know what) you are (not :are you)(talking about).

@LockeZ: Thanks! Indexing images with a diffusion of 1% gives a very smooth look by the engines standards. Also creating multiple layers like you hinted at allows more color retention!
chana
@Felipe :oh! (for the story), it is difficult to understand who's talking, you could differentiate the speakers, or through the dialogue itself, or by varying the size or whatever of the font, for example, names might take some of the mystery out?
I was thinking about using a "Mysterious Voice: XXXXXXX" and "???:XXXXX" And just once, , after that the player will clearly notice the Message pattern.
chana
I'm sure there's a problem within the dialogue that makes it contradictory, it's difficult to point out just with the video. The "mysterious voice" bit would work (though not too original!), and how much would it erase the inner problem, if you see what I mean? well..
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Yo, Felipe?
If you have a script saved up of the dialog, I wouldn't mind going over it for you.
What do you mean??? IF i am using a script for the dialogue box??? yes, i am using a letter-by-letter script.
chana
Yep, that would be the best thing to do.
author=Felipe_9595
What do you mean??? IF i am using a script for the dialogue box??? yes, i am using a letter-by-letter script.

he means SCRIPT SCRIPT—a dialogue script, not a RGSS script. He's offering to help you with the translation.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
A script such as a word document holding all of the dialog that will be in your game, so I can go over it, spell check it, and make sure it sounds correct.