THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I'm using Zelda Classic 2.5 RC2. ^^

I've used ZC off and on for several years, really having fun making this one.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
One of my life goals is to complete a traditional Zelda game.
Alright, so, after asking people here, in IM, on another forum, and randomly around my friends, the final count says that opinions are split exactly 50/50.

So yeah, I think I'll take the advice to not stress over it, and just pick the one I like the most, that being the first one. That said, I will take what Craze and a couple of other people said in mind, and darken the edges a little to make the boxes stand out more. It will hopefully have the same effect, just without the thick lines.

Deckiller: I never know what to make of big, zoomed out maps like that. It looks really cool in terms of overall composition, though. I also really like that there seem to be off-road caves and such to explore. Non-linearity is always a pleasant sight in an RPG. However, when I take a closer look at the map, I can't help but feel that it, in general, seems a little sparse. While it looks neat far away, I don't see anything in it particularly standing out to the player. I'd personally recommend having a thicker cover of trees, and perhaps some more distinct landmarks. That way the player doesn't go through and just think "Yup, I'll just go north up the path, turn left in this field somewhere, and look for some kind of opening somewhere in these RTP trees." and instead will keep note of interesting features, remember where they've already been, and perhaps see something that distinctly makes them think "Hey, that looks awesome. I want to go there!". That's the impression I'm getting, at least.

It's some houses on a city! (Thanks Liberty for the chipset.)
@Fist: Looks great man. Im also woking on an RTP game, I'll post a little city pic in a bit.
Gly'cov is a really shitty name.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
ganonfrog
Alright, so, after asking people here, in IM, on another forum, and randomly around my friends, the final count says that opinions are split exactly 50/50.

Untrue. I'm a supervillain now, so my votes count double.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
@Fist: The map looks cool, +1 for usage of RTP.
Here's a little pixel art (all custom except for the character) I made today as my Christmas gift to Battle Angel Alita fans. It depicts Gally looking from afar and high up at the floating city Tiphares and the junkyard city Kuzutetsu below. The image and color quality were lessened for some reason when I uploaded it to my locker.

This is called a fake screenshot for there is no real game, but I might start working on one in the near future (I'm craving for a BAA game).

You can also check the music video I made for it: Battle Angel Alita fanfic tribute

treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
Battle Angel Alita <3
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Good versions. Not ashamed to say that my girlfriend helped me with these; she has photoshop and I have only MSPaint, the worst of all image editing programs.

(Note, the text that says "Mage Select" on top is animated.)
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
@Max McGee:FUCK!!that game looks good!

Damn,Everybody here makes professional games and I cant! ;_;
Man I have to learn from you guys.

Here are more of mine.

haha!first you are slaughtering Anime monsters and now you are holding guns against nuns!

Tell me what you think about these screen caps.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
"wtf that looks a lot like: wtf"

I have no idea how to comment on it because it's an indecipherable mess, and not in a good way. It's like Super Meat Boy fucked an urban ~art~ game and popped out a child with severe ADHD.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
The UI is very busy and hurts my head to look at. Other than that, I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Screenshot from a new project I'm working on. It just occurred to me that the texture I have on the sphere is pretty lame, but whatever.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
@NOACCEPTANCE772 I have no absolute idea what's going over in that game. No offense, but it looks like it was made by a brainless 5-year old satanist high on every existing drug. The graphics are mixed and I can barely distinguish anything from the messy screenshots.
author=NOACCEPTANCE772
<Insert madness here>

We used to have somebody named 'Krayg_Alynn' in this community. I was sad to see him leave. You remind me of him, in a good way.

I find your style very humorous.
Your game looks like something I'd enjoy thoroughly!
I find noacceptance's screens awesome in a campy sort of way. Reminds me of an angelfire doom fan page from the late 90s.
author=Nightowl
@NOACCEPTANCE772 I have no absolute idea what's going over in that game. No offense, but it looks like it was made by a brainless 5-year old satanist high on every existing drug. The graphics are mixed and I can barely distinguish anything from the messy screenshots.

no offense but *insert extremely offensive comment without any helpful criticism*
That's very nice Sailerius! I can't imagine how hard it'd be to make a 3D game.