THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Actually, it's a she. :P

EDIT: Hurrah! Started a new page.
author=Allen Hunter
Hero's Realmheavily uses FF charsets and chipsets, yet I'm not seeing anyone call it a Final Fantasy fangame. And if any did, they are idiots.

*strokes chin*
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=geodude
*strokes chin*
i.e. (it may be an enormous blunder, I'm not too familiar with FFFFFFs in general but): if Hero's Realm isn't a Final Fantasy fangame, then what is it!?

Geodude & Liberty : ah, ok, it's not as "fan" as I thought.
dragon quest fangame
Classic.

It's an ode to the Dragon Warrior/Quest games, just not using the graphics from them (which kentona uses in some of his other games.) ^.^

(Also, HR only used the RTP chipsets. No FF ones.)
Some screenshots of the Dragon Fantasy Remake I've been working on for the passed Month and a half(ish).

Also, with the first few maps in the game, I tried to make them very reminiscent of the first few of the original game:

The original:

The remake:

The original:

The remake:

The original:

The remake:
are you making a refmap fangame
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
chapppppppsets
A whaaaaaa? No, I just (for some reason) like the style of the refmap chipsets and what-not, so I decided to go ahead and remake Dragon Fantasy (my first RM game) with those.
ZOMG! It looks pretty good!

Must...work...on....game....be....awesomer....then...Ephiam....
Then yes, I'm making a refmap fangame. I was inspired by the other assortment of fangames, and thought I'd join the party, too. Lol.

That just completely flew over my head. But then again, most things like that do.

And they just may still be? Ha ha. =P
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Haha. I like your remakes, although I feel that the town is a bit too open. We'll see in-game; the original DF was flawed but I still played about half of it - I'm looking forward to trying this one.
@Ephiam: They look very nice, they are not a 100% copy but you can clearly see its a remade map.

Decided to use a 16 Bits Mushroom Kingdom instead of a 8 Bits MK. Thoughts?
It certainly looks a lot better then an 8-bit version of it. They seem to mash pretty well.
author=geodude
author=Allen Hunter
Hero's Realmheavily uses FF charsets and chipsets, yet I'm not seeing anyone call it a Final Fantasy fangame. And if any did, they are idiots.
*strokes chin*

So I forgot. It's RTP all the way. But you get my point.
author=Max McGee
Pretty ballsy, but I dare him to kick the bear.
Only a fool kicks a bear.

Why is the bear aligned with those horrible octo-fungus men, anyway?

It's posts like this that make me love reading your posts. You are a funny man.

Ephiam
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES
Is it bad that I like the old school FF1 chipsets more? I guess I just love that era/style too much so I'm a bit biased. Your new maps are definitely pretty nice though since they are made with chipsets that are more flexible than FF1 tiles as far as creating nice and varied maps goes (and you take advantage of this flexibility).

I do agree with Craze that the town map is a bit too open though. There should be some tree walls around the outside of the town or even moving the buildings closer would be a good idea.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
It's posts like this that make me love reading your posts. You are a funny man.

Like funny how? Funny like a clown? Like I amuse you?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Still a WIP... need to do something better with the HP display, make it show Action Points instead of MP (think Four Heroes of Light) and show current Soulsurge build-up (think Trance from FF9, in that it is both a state and a skill unlocker).

Yes, there will be all sixteen characters returning, plus special temporary monster characters. No, that is not Vaunea's actual skillset shown.