THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

@Radnen
Personally, I think it looks nicer now!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Lucidstillness
I really do love the menu system you have in your game at the moment. I can't really comment too much on it since a) I don't know much scripting and b) I haven't used VX, but I can tell you that, superficially, it looks quite nice.

Your unique take on the dungeons still looks good, but I'm not sure I like some of the trees and whatnot on little floating islands by themselves; that, somehow, seems more odd than the rest of the level floating. When everything is together, it looks like the background is just framing the dungeon. However, when there are little islands, it seems more like the dungeon is actually floating overhead. Just my opinion.

The menu is a highly edited version of Yanfly's base menus.

They're floating because it's set in the Netherworld, duh.

Radnen
Yeah, I understand the issue with the grass. Thanks for the tip!

Looks much better now. =D

How about now? I wanted really beefy trees, the kind that dwarf the player so as to create the impression of forest height.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I like
big
TREES
and I cannot lie
you rappin' mappers can't deny
when a plant grows up with a tall and skinny trunk and enough foliage to get funk(ay)
you get sated
even if it's pixellated
'cause you notice that it's shaded

BABY GOT BARK
Your trees are looking great, Radnen! Though, the sparse foilage on the top looks a little odd.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=LockeZ
I like
big
TREES
and I cannot lie
when a plant grows up with a tall and skinny trunk and enough foliage to get funk(ay)
you get sated
even if it's pixellated

BABY GOT BARK

best/worst post of 2012 so far
author=LockeZ
I like
big
TREES
and I cannot lie
you get sated
even if it's pixellated

BABY GOT BARK
Yo LockeZ wanna get married
that was beautiful. OTL

Also I meant to say something earlier, BUT YEAH THOSE TRESS LOOK NICE. XD The very top looks a bit strange (it's all full down below, but suddenly the tip is longer and less leafy...?), as well as the trunk. Not sure what I dislike about the trunk, though... BI
The trees also seem to blend in with the tall grass tiles, but that could just be the abundance of patterns? Either way, I dig. B)
author=emmych
Also I meant to say something earlier, BUT YEAH THOSE TRESS LOOK NICE. XD The very top looks a bit strange (it's all full down below, but suddenly the tip is longer and less leafy...?), as well as the trunk. Not sure what I dislike about the trunk, though... BI

Well, fir trees do taper at the top. I could add more around the truck to obscure it a bit.

author=emmych
The trees also seem to blend in with the tall grass tiles, but that could just be the abundance of patterns? Either way, I dig. B)

Yeah, about the tall grass. It's really due to me limiting myself to a palette. If I made the grass a completely different shade, then it may look nicer but then I increase the color complexity of the scene.
Accidental double post... Weird...
author=LockeZ
I like
big
TREES
and I cannot lie
you get sated
even if it's pixellated

BABY GOT BARK

HAHAHAHAHAH Oh...my...god...Becky, look at those ryhmes
author=emmych
B)

Did I not say this?
I like trees too you know...
I wish I could make a rap like that-just not creative I guess.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=LockeZ
I like
big
TREES
and I cannot lie
you get sated
even if it's pixellated

BABY GOT BARK

I couldn't help but imagine John Locke rapping this, very disturbing.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Pokemaniac, I like it, but I am irrationally biased towards things with snow in them.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
emmych
LockeZ
I like
big
TREES
and I cannot lie
you get sated
even if it's pixellated

BABY GOT BARK
Yo LockeZ wanna get married
that was beautiful. OTL

terrible life choice

Also, hey, know what's not as fun as you might think? Making backdrops that wrap in all four directions! ...I'd post it, but it's just an extended edition of the forest backdrop I've shown like 5005205 times so in reality this post is worthless aside from helping emmych not marry LockeZ.
author=Max McGee
Pokemaniac, I like it, but I am irrationally biased towards things with snow in them.
I agree. Snowy areas always look really nice in games. Although VX's snow weather effect looks like slush and the roof tiles with snow covered in them are completely indistinguishable from the ground so I had to actually do some of my own work for once :P

Although, I've never actually seen snow irl :| Maybe this is my subconscious pining...
author=Pokemaniac
Although, I've never actually seen snow irl :| Maybe this is my subconscious pining...

It's all magical and pretty until your freezing your balls off every morning as you clean off your car in -30 C weather while you wait for your windshield to unthaw :S

The tiles themselves look good(what exactly did you edit?), but your tile placement leaves the map feeling lifeless. There is no natural form to anything. It's a little too random for my liking.
author=Link_2112
The tiles themselves look good(what exactly did you edit?),
Not very much :P

but your tile placement leaves the map feeling lifeless. There is no natural form to anything. It's a little too random for my liking.
Really? I was kind of going for a trees-around-a-clearing look. This area's not particularly big- if you walk a few tiles to the left there's water and to the right there's the building, and water up/down as well. There are also going to be a few NPCs there eventually.
So, guys I'm wondering which palette you guys like best: Top or Bottom?

I like the bottom one, but there's something storybook about the top one.
Happy
Devil's in the details
The warm colors of the bottom one feel more inviting. Though it's true the top one looks more classy. Either could work, I'd however prefer the bottom.