THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

@Craze
Thanks. Yeah, I suppose the black is a bit too stark against the background. I might try substituting the black lines for gray ones.

Btw, your story and the screenshot look pretty interesting. Are the odd colours indicating a dream of some kind? The battlers look great, as does the background.

@Far_Oz and Tau
Thank you. So, you used events to create a kind of fourth level for the map; that is quite clever! I'll have to give that a try.

@emmych
Thanks. Yeah, the sprite is a bit tiny in the actual game, so I might try to find a way to work around that. You're right about the pants being too long as well.
author=Radnen
So, guys I'm wondering which palette you guys like best: Top or Bottom?

I like the bottom one, but there's something storybook about the top one.

Could I see the top grass with the bottom trees?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Max McGee
no i just meant that screen looks just like ipop but with different pcs (and i guess if i really search my memory, it's ptb rather than ctb)

100% intentional.

Max McGee
wow i really can't stand this kind of intensive nitpicking personally but if it's useful to Tau then good on ya i guess

The messiah doesn't like extremely helpful, time-consuming advice? Oh well, the community belongs more to you.

Lucidstillness
Btw, your story and the screenshot look pretty interesting. Are the odd colours indicating a dream of some kind? The battlers look great, as does the background.

Going to just smile and be evasive for this question. =3

Radnen
So, guys I'm wondering which palette you guys like best: Top or Bottom?

Bottom.
author=Craze
I like what you've done with the actors, not so much the enemies. Obviously I have no context, but I think they'd probably look better monochrome like the actors.

EDIT: AND THE SECOND CHICK'S HEAD IS TRANSPARENT OH MY

Unless that's deliberate, in which case I like it.
Craze
It's not transparent, just matching (you can change the window color to whatever you desire, actually). Everybody has a primary and secondary color.

O_O That actually flows on perfectly with the floor pattern. Looking really closely, I can see some red on the actor on the end, and there's the two blues on the second one, but I can only see one colour on the other two. :/

Do the colours indicate elements or battle styles, or something similar?
Craze
Marcia has green eyes and Jesse has gold trim on his jacket.

The colors themselves are elemental, yes.
Fair enough. I dunno how important the colours are, or how many chances the player gets to see the full-portraits, but the secondary colours could be too subtle imo. But once again, I really have no context. Looks interesting, regardless.
author=Max McGee
author=Far_Oz
@Tau:

Other than that, i agree with Max McGee keep up the good work, btw remove the mountain on top of a mountain of the secondshot XD!

@Lucidstillness:
About the submerged effects. First screenshot by Tau uses events to create the effect and the second screenshot is the chipsets itself.

wow i really can't stand this kind of intensive nitpicking personally but if it's useful to Tau then good on ya i guess
Yeahh. Agreed. This is kind of pointless! I'm all for perfectionism but this seems over the top.

And yeah, the 'water-depth' effect is done via correctly-formatted water animations that are pasted into charsets (as events). I'm thinking about adding a tutorial on that, it's actually pretty simple.
@Craze, if you're gonna do this monocrhome scheme thing (not sure how I feel about it right now tbh) then the menu should be locked to grey/black, at least in whatever sections of the game are going to be in that style.
@Everyone: I've went with the bottom one.
author=Far_Oz

Lay off, people! This kind of thing shouldn't be frowned upon! This shows someone cares about what you do, and that's awesome. :>
Saw that Craze was hogging the screenshot topic so i figured I'd post a few shots from my game. Working on finishing the intro so we can get a video uploaded.

Occupy Revelations...If you dare, brahahaha.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Nice, I particularly like the top one with the glass windows.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence

I really really really really really really really like this.
author=Radnen
How about now? I wanted really beefy trees, the kind that dwarf the player so as to create the impression of forest height.

Just a quick color change to the trees might bring separate them from the grass even more.
I like Jude's change, helps the trees stand out against the grass and the overlay in the other screenshot.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=Radnen

Wow, really nice! best of the three, I say. (where's my smilar post go...?

I'm still planning on changing the background and item graphics... but I think I have the characters looking how I want them to (for now, at least). Meh.

I need to shift the class text around too, so that it's... possible to read them.