THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

You play it and you enjoy/understand it or don't, that's all there is to it.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@TDS : like it : the map (the "precise" and "imprecise" go quite well together!) and the hub-portraits at the top also in particular.
author=Link_2112
Great. Thanks for sharing.

Really? You need the whole image explained to you? You need me to chew your food before you eat it too? Watch the image and come to your own conclusions instead of expecting people to explain the whole thing to you.

What do the bars do? If you look at the ones on the top you see where it says HP on one and if you look at the other green ones, wait, what's that? Could it be? Yes it's their HP too!

What do the blue bars do? Well that's strange only 2 characters have blue bars, but what's this... Wait a gosh darn cotton flipping minute! The character who have blue bars seem to be charging up for some reason! And their bars seem to be at different heights! What will happen when those bars reach the top!?

But there is another bar and it's empty for everyone... What could it possibly be... I don't know and that's the fun in it! It's a mystery to enjoy and go Ah Ha! when you figure it out.

Next time, instead of expecting someone to tell you everything spend a minute or two trying to come to your own conclusions.
An answer that sarcasm didn't improve.
Haha! Were you trying to incite an argument from the beginning, TDS? xD He said "Great. Thanks for sharing." Couldn't you just leave it at that? Even if you read it with a passive-aggressive tone, it was a way much better reply that any of yours.

Next time, instead of ranting away, why don't you just explain something if you're asked nicely? You'll end up wasting much less time.

Almost finished the second stage of my underwater shooter :)
author=Large
An answer that sarcasm didn't improve.

Nothing in my answer was meant to be taken as sarcasm.

author=alterego
Haha! Were you trying to incite an argument from the beginning, TDS? xD He said "Great. Thanks for sharing." Couldn't you just leave it at that? Even if you read it with a passive-aggressive tone, it was a way much better reply that any of yours.

Next time, instead of ranting away, why don't you just explain something if you're asked nicely? You'll end up wasting much less time.

I was not really trying to incite any arguments, I just explained things in a way that would make people think when they see a screenshot instead of expecting everything explained to them, RPG games are getting dumber by the year because we are trying to explain way too much and not letting people experiment and fail because of their mistakes.

And yes, I could always just not say anything and be like the other sheep, or I could set fire to all the other sheep so the farmer knows there's something wrong in the flock.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=koaangel

Looks like NB (TO MY SHOCK AND AMAZEMENT) has some competition in the arena of "nautical-themed shooter".
Whoa haha I was just trying to make small talk about your screen, I don't need anything explained xD Grumpy much?

author=koaangel

Nice. Is it all custom graphics? *looks at chao* Is this a Sonic spin-off game? xD haha (I kid, please don't blow up at me!)
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Nothing in my answer was meant to be taken as sarcasm

is this sarcastic, it's kind of hard to tell since all the sarcasm from the earlier post is dripping down the screen into it

RPG games are getting dumber by the year because we are trying to explain way too much and not letting people experiment and fail because of their mistakes.

what

several EXCELLENT articles on game design (on this site no less) delve into "show, don't tell" and other forms of users getting feedback from what they're playing, and exactly how players garner that information from a game. Just because "show, don't tell" is an excellent/the best rule to follow does not mean that going full-on "don't tell anything at all" is a valid game design strategy or even an intelligent one. Let's also try to remember that this is a "screenshot" thread and that nobody looking at a screenshot is actually playing the game; don't expect people to 'play it and get it or don't get it' when they're commenting on a static image captured from gameplay
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Max McGee
author=koaangel
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/3663/screenshots/caladionriff.pngAlmost finished the second stage of my underwater shooter :)
Looks like NB (TO MY SHOCK AND AMAZEMENT) has some competition in the arena of "nautical-themed shooter".

Better watch out NewBlack!

It looks great, koaangel, like one those off the wall PC games you pick up randomly at a Half Price bookstore. (this is a good thing!)
You wait your whole life for an underwater shooter and then three show up at the same time. (koaangel has a prequel to aqua nebulon made in rm2k3 :>)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=SorceressKyrsty

Who are these people?!

Honestly, I don't know if it's because I'm used to the old ones, but I don't like these more. They are better pictures, but I prefer the old ones(they grew on me) :/ That new Kumo looks strange. Ok, I'll take new Miri, no massive neck xD

author=Versalia
Krysty: I like how the "health bar" restores MP and not HP...? maybe "energy bar" is more appropriate!

I remember those things being called energy bar. What's up?
Versalia
Krysty: I like how the "health bar" restores MP and not HP...? maybe "energy bar" is more appropriate!

Also, there's an odd transparency/chipset issue

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I think that's with the actual tileset...so I can't really do anything unless I make major edits.

About the facesets...personally I love these new ones. Only ones I have issues with are Levi and Miri. In my opinion, Kumo finally looks right.

Energy Drinks restore HP while Health Bars restore MP. When I think of Health Bars I think of like, those multi-grain fruit snacks with ANTIOXIDANTS and NUTRIENTS, which I thought was more mentally beneficial than downing 4 energy drinks to keep you awake through the fact you have been shot a few times.
author=SorceressKyrsty
Energy Drinks restore HP while Health Bars restore MP. When I think of Health Bars I think of like, those multi-grain fruit snacks with ANTIOXIDANTS and NUTRIENTS, which I thought was more mentally beneficial than downing 4 energy drinks to keep you awake through the fact you have been shot a few times.

Energy restoring HP
Health restoring MP

It definitely sounds backwards. Would suggest making a change.
Frankly, I would think a health bar containing Protein and Fiber and all that stuff (along with nutrients and antioxidants) would be more beneficial to hit points (the body), while Energy Drinks are more of a superficial "keep-me-awake-and-my-adrenaline-going" sort of thing, which sounds more appropriate for MP (it actually sounds detrimental for the body, i'd say).

just my two cents.
Versalia
author=narcodis
Energy restoring HP
Health restoring MP

It definitely sounds backwards. Would suggest making a change.

especially considering one is literally "health points" in most cases, and magic points/mana points are 'magical energy'

but if it works for you keep it