THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

author=Scourge
Trying my hand at Mack tiles. Thoughts?

Try adding a dividing line between the roof tiles and that red/white clown tent stuff.

The lighting effect does look strange. The angle of the lines means the light source is pretty close to ground level? Is the sun falling?
author=LockeZ
Clearly they are assassin's creed cameos. They are about to jump down and backstab that cat.

Oh no! Poor kitty!
Seriously, I love the active nature of the map as well. Good job, Scourge!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=AquaXranoX
Well i guess i can show mine

Kinda inspired from Secret of mana 2-god beast dangaard for this boss scenario

What....is going on in that second screenshot with where the characters are standing? I'm also not a fan of the face portraits, personally speaking.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think all of those portraits could be improved by moving the eyes a little closer together. They are like frog eyes right now.

Gigantic pixellated portrait also is... odd, but whatever. It's actually odd enough that I'm willing to classify it a style choice instead of just a resolution problem. I guess there's a threshold of oddness beyond which I stop assuming you did it by accident.

Echo on Max's question, also. I'm confused about the background. There appears to be a giant painting of some clouds flying through outer space, and two of them are standing on it while the other two are floating awkwardly off the side and will momentarily drift away into the cosmos. Is that a correct interpretation?
oh i was trying to achieve something similar to SD3's God beast's battle, but i don't think well based on my knowledge, of any way to show them standing on a jet plane, i had the clouds moving at full speed, while in a frame, thought it would look fancy

and i'm kinda trying a yggdra union styled message system, i may need to bring the dimensions down a bit, i'm still a newb to pixel art, so i'll see what i can do

uhh like this
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
@ Link: I'll see what I can do with adding a divider, but I think I prefer it the way it is.
@ Gourd_Clae: Relax, the kitty is safe. They're just trying to hide from all the guards.
@ Everyone Else: Thanks, and consider that strange lighting ditched!

@AquaXranoX: I agree with Lockez; those portraits look a little strange with the eyes spaced like that.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Aqua, if you want a background where part of it is scrolling and part of it isn't, I think one way would be to make the part that isn't scrolling (the jet plane) be part of either the monster sprite or one of the hero sprites. I think the hero sprite would be better, since the monster will disappear when it dies but the hero won't. (Or maybe you have a simpler way to make the plane not scroll? Iunno.)

More importantly though, that green picture frame and outer space is quite bizarre. Having the heroes be halfway in and halfway out of the frame is even more bizarre. I would just have a panning sky background that covers the whole screen.

This is all assuming you already have some way of making the background pan. I hope you can do that part because I don't know how!

I hope you can get this working because I find high speed battles to be pretty cool, and a nice change of pace from the typical standing still and waiting for a rat to attack you.
author=Max McGee

These battle portraits look nice. While I'm sure it's a coincidence, the one on the bottom looks a lot like a slightly recolored version of one of my characters although I could add "gender-flipped" to recolored.

What do you mean?
I see what you guys are going with the green bar, i didn't really notice since i was trying to make my battle stylish, I actually did that green bar thing a long time ago in another project too... guess it wasn't a brilliant idea heh...

@Lockerz I don't think i can have more than four heroes on the battlefield, might be really small too (I'm probably wrong) so that only leaves my choice as making the jet-plane as an enemy, and the biggest concern about that is if the player targets the jet plane instead and kills it

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn

Wow, Lyric is really creative. It does kinda look like my world though. :)

I am working on this. Really messy. I didn't realize it was that geographically impossible.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
That is really, really clumpy. Spreading it out a bit would make the titles actually legible; while each individual piece looks great, it's waaaay too packed-together.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Earth has a toupee? (I suggest not rotating the head during selection...)

EDIT: Err, NOT-EARTH.
Yeah it's Eden and the only planet rotates horizontally.
No craze is talking about the character with the blue hairs head, see how its rotated to face up in the second picture. Hes saying it would looks better facing one general direction.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Having it always face down would be best.
LockeZ
author=AquaXranoX
@Lockerz I don't think i can have more than four heroes on the battlefield, might be really small too (I'm probably wrong) so that only leaves my choice as making the jet-plane as an enemy, and the biggest concern about that is if the player targets the jet plane instead and kills it

No, you misunderstand. Don't make a new hero or enemy to be the plane. Make it be part of the sprite of the enemy, or make it be part of the sprite of one of the heroes (for every frame of every pose of that hero).

Hero poses do have a size limit if you do them the normal way, but you can get around this by creating a battle animation to use as the hero's pose instead of using BattleCharSet images.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Beginnings of a town :

Yes, I know, there's no bridge, and the houses top left are not back to back but front to back! (the chipset!).
@chana - I like it! Is that toys in a sandbox? haha

Working with widescreen mode now. It's only 5 extra tiles but the maps feel huuuuge.

I would like an opinion on the 4 icons at the bottom. They are going to be used in the space next to the health bars. The icon represents the type of weapon equipped, so I'm making one for Instrument weapons.

Which do you prefer?

I really wanted to use harp but I hate how those 2 harps turned out :/ The flute is hard to tell what it is so I'm leaning towards (cow)bell.