THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Oh i know, i saw ranmaster's tutorial on limit breaks using Battle Animations, i'll try to pull something there, good idea!
@Chana: That looks great, maybe add some lighting sfx over the lamps for some subtle glows.

@Link: Hey nice screenshot map, I'm loving the retro/gameboy feel to it. I prefer the mini icons by far.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@Link_2112 : yes, it is!
@Lotus_Games : I'll see what I can do... (oh, yes, in game it's evening).
Thanks guys.
@chana : Did you know that if you hold down the SHIFT key then you can draw tiles without the autotiles reacting? So one trick for making a bridge would be to draw the lake as it normally would be, then hold the SHIFT key and draw the tiles that would go over the bridge... although then you would need to make the road 4 tiles wide rather than 2. Cover it up with some railings and it'd be good :>

@Link : You could use a lyre instead :0 I really hate cowbells.

*Yes i did Lnik xD*
chana
@Miracle : it actually works ( I knew about the SHIFT key, but only tried with 2 tiles...), thanks!
author=Miracle
@Link : You could use a lyre instead :0 I really hate cowbells.

Hmm, that does look better than the harps(and bell). Lemme just recolor that...

I think I'll use that. Thanks~

*Did you draw that, Mircale?*
oh wow i never knew that, thanks for the info miracle <:!
For those who didnt see it, I was working on an Inn, now called the Star Stealing Inn haha, cameos galore. Enclosed is the before and the finally finished product. (What hours of listening to the Radiant Historia OST and a love for RTP can do).

Before

After: Probably one of the last maps I'll post before the demo.

author=Ashley_Lacure
For those who didnt see it, I was working on an Inn, now called the Star Stealing Inn haha, cameos galore. Enclosed is the before and the finally finished product. (What hours of listening to the Radiant Historia OST and a love for RTP can do).

Before

After: Probably one of the last maps I'll post before the demo.

Not bad, I like it. Very good use of RTP as well. It really makes me feel pretty cozy, especially where the water is.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Ashley_Lacure

Radiant Historia. <3 Best JRPG ~

My current screenshots: due to a joke made by kentona, I'm making Edifice Lite, made entirely from VX Ace's pre-made maps... except the ginormous world map.

The Merchant's Guild monitors all flow into the Mining Zone, so you're going to have to buy your way into the enslaved wasteland.

I really like how Ace's RTP lets you put the mountains on any tile you wish.

This game has towers, I guess

You can go the long, land-based way to the city, but the merchants can't get their shipments of powerful gear until you clear out Medusa.

300x300 of exploratory goodness as you collect new classes to defeat the Dark Lord with ~

This gameplay video is from Eden Gate. This video is not meant to showcase action pact footage but is intended to be enjoyed in an observant manner. 2 Days and 2 Nights Trailer features and shows what will be possible in Eden Gate in terms of immersion. A day and night system with various weather effects that dynamically affect many objects the likes of trees, water, plants and so on. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thanks for your time guys,

-Lotus

P.S. Issues with Rain SE looping and Music text scrolling img have already been fixed since this video was uploaded yesterday.
@Allen: Thanks my man, took forever to sprite all the smaller items that make the map a bit different. Gotta make yall like RTP somehow :)

@Craze: You know what it is man, one of the best JRPGs in the last 10 years in my book. Check out the OST if you are ever working late and want some motivative songs.

@Lotus: This looks great, I like the effects but lets hope the lag is the result of your recording software.

Should I increase the height of this lamp. I was told it looks weird.
Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
Ashley: I think if you move the lights up by one tile it would look better. :)
@Ashley: Your rtp edits looks fantastic, I seriously am loving those. For the Eden Gate trailer, it doesn't lag much it may look that way because the monsters are actually assigned that speed...that's basically how they are suppose to move, the hero moves atleast twice as fast. But it could also be the recorder as it reduces fps by half...from 50-60 to 25-30.

@Darken: lol indeed!

I just wanted to show my battle system from the "Tales of Ether" game i was developing, especially the Super move, is there any way to show Hyper backgrounds?

if there's one thing i figured out, it was if the Hero's HP was low or high they would say something different at the end.

EDIT: i followed ranmaster's tutorial on how to use battle animations, his limit break tutorial..
chana
Looks great, lots of action but not too much, neat!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Aqua.

Don't stop doing what you're doing.
@AquaXranoX : Really nice :> If you wanted to add even more motion you could go to "terrain" in the database, import the background as a frame and set it to scroll slowly in a horizontal direction to give the impression of clouds moving. The image would need to loop though!
author=Miracle
@AquaXranoX : Really nice :> If you wanted to add even more motion you could go to "terrain" in the database, import the background as a frame and set it to scroll slowly in a horizontal direction to give the impression of clouds moving. The image would need to loop though!

And here I was gonna suggest using a picture of the background to cover up the enemy sprite at the left during its attack animation. Can't do both, though. :P