THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Aqua, you should probably recolor your text. Blue on blue is hard to read. I'd also recommend using a different battle system set, because your numbers cover the "HP" tag, which looks bad/silly/etc. Otherwise, nifty use of sound effects.

No, you're not alone, Ellen.
I like the text box skin.
Alright i will, thanks you guys, I'll try to change the system, but the only concern that i have, even though the background is scrolling (i used to have it like that before) i need to change it to black for when the enemy does his "Ultimate Judgement" move err.. and changing the background stops all the looping and doesn't allow me to pick a looping background after that

I used this as a source if i may add, i just don't know if i can change it to a scrolling background after i change the BG once, there's no option for a scrolling background in the Event command window

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3598/
This will be the final screen shot for a while / until a demo is close to being released. This is how the magic of Eden Gate happens. What you see here in the Zoomed in version of the World Map. It goes Star System to Planet to Continent. This map is a section from the continent of Ismene. Look for it in the demo version of Eden Gate!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3598/This will be the final screen shot for a while / until a demo is close to being released. This is how the magic of Eden Gate happens.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3598/This will be the final screen shot for a while / until a demo is close to being released. *FAP!FAP!FAP!FAP!FAP!FAP!FAP!FAP!*

/doubletake.
Just a active style title screen for RPG Maker 2003 I'm creating. Still needs to be adjusted ect.
(These images are one of three, so I tagged them).

Also an insight of the first zone I've developed.

The blue background you see is a parallax, by the way. My mapping style is that of a "floating world".
author=Tau

I love it.

And @Essence: That is some very, very good mapping.
@Essenceblade: This first zone looks quite confusing to me.
It would help that some of the ground tiles such as dirt or dark grass not be all over the place but rather used to form paths.
Cutting down on the similar objects would reduce confusion too. Do not use so many stools and trunks.
Narrowing down the space by using rows of trees and dark leafage might be wise. And reducing the amount of "empty" edges would help too (it is impossible to identify teleport spots on these screenshots. Players won't know where to go to reach the next screen).
Right now this looks more like a bad swamp attempt than a forest (I hope I'm not coming off as harsh here. These are recommendations.)
@Essence: Oh wow those look very slick. Where did you get those character sets with the instruments? Did you make them yourself?
@Large: Thanks :D

@Lotus_Games: Thanks :P And the characters with instruments, I got a few roaming around from a REFMAP edit my friend did, and then some others I made myself. The two flute players I edited a little. I also plan to adjust the musical notes. I'm looking to change the colour of them methinks.

@Avee: Nah, I don't see it as harsh, I just see it as constructive criticism. That's what I'm looking for. The first zone does look rather confusing and it is rather big - but it is a lot easier to navigate through than first meets the eye, mainly because this is taken at a ranged view, rather than a closeup in-game view. Those screenshots don't show the full picture of where the zones are, and I'm probably going to get started on creating mini-maps and arrow-leads that show the player through. I've mapped out the first few sections of the zone (not shown in screenshots above) with a slight "path", which generally lets you often side-track, or carry on through the zone. I understand your statement on how many stools and trunks there are, and I probably did go overdrive on those, but that's just me, I tend to over-decorate my mapping style and then go over and delete what I don't actually visually need. As for the pathing, I prefer not to go for a straight-to-see path, I like to dapple them out, but it is visible when you play in game. I will be adjusting those edges you speak of in a few moments and I thank you for the feedback. :P
I'd had some complaints about my UI being hard to read or just not very good, so I've spent some time redoing it. What do you think? Is it an improvement? Or do you have any suggestions as to how to make it better?

This is the new one:

This is the old one:
The new one is very good; the 2nd one is cluttered as f*ck!

I think you solved it very well; en the RTP edits work nicely.
@ashriot: That HUD looks very nice. I really like the blend of RTP graphics and your own graphics. I don't know why, but they almost seem perfect together.

Just a quick SS I was doing of a caterpillar system, I decided to take a SS because it looked pretty nice in the background. :o

I think the green log clashes with the rest of the terrain; I mean, the grass is basically blue (Which I assume is intentional since the screenshot makes it look like it is in some sort of alien world), so that green, along with the small bush, do not belong.

Other than that, yes, pretty.
I see what you mean, Large. I'm gonna adjust the colour of the logs, as well as the bottom of the bushes leaves. Thanks for pointing that out :O
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Essenceblade: Those plants to not appear to be the natural color for plants! You made it look about as good as it can with blue grass and red trees. (Though I think there is a bush misplaced in the middle of a cliff to the southwest of the heroes?)

I have to admit that usually when I get to areas like this in games, they make me think that the designer was tripping out on shrooms when he made it, and I just try to get back to the non-druggie part of the game as fast as possible. But trippy areas are apparently popular, because tons of games seem to have them? So I guess it's just my personal pref and/or residual influence from undergoing the DARE program in 5th grade (DRUGS ARE UNCOOL, STAY IN SCHOOL)
Thanks Large and Essenceblade! It seems a little cramped to me so I might try to space things out still.

And Essenceblade, that screenshot is awesome! I really like the red color you used for the trees. It's intense but fitting. And I love caterpillar systems. It really bugs me when you have a party and can only see the leader. I know it's not easy to work around that, but I think it adds a lot.
@LockeZ: Haha, that was some elaboration on drugs. To your relief, I don't take drugs nor will I ever touch them :b. This isn't a "trippy" type of area. It is an area I've made which is set in the past, shortly after an event occurred, affecting the natural life of the area, changing its colour. I decided to change its overall look because I thought it'd be boring having the same chip sets to use before and after a 30 year gap.

@ashriot Thanks :P. I also get bugged when I see only a single party member on the map in an RPG, it just seems kinda off for me.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ashriot, the new version has a lot more info shown in a much smaller space, so if the complaints you were getting were that it was "hard to read" I'm not sure you fixed it. It's much more aesthetically pleasing though.