THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Maybe it has no battles at all.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
LockeZ
I really like that water temple, actually.

I notice no enemies. You actually making a game with random battles, or just haven't placed them yet?

Thanks. Also, I haven't placed anything beyond pretties and a few placeholder events (a random dude saying "put a construction node here for the player to build a campsite," etc.). It will have touch encounters and chests and stuff eventually.
author=prexus talking about Craze gam
Maybe it has no battles at all.

lol

---edit---

Oh, I missed this:

author=Lyric
Updated version of this one. I wanted to get away from plain blue and go with more of a slate.

<3 Love it deeply.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
agreed, looks quite wonderful : the colors and lines of the character work extremely well with those of the background.
@Lyric: That Menu is beautiful!!!

@Craze That Looks pretty nice for Vx

Craze
Felipe_9595
@Craze That Looks pretty nice for Vx

"you look pretty nice for a black dude"
LoL No offense, i dont like Vx style but that looks nice, thats what i meant xD

Ignore the last sprite:

EDIT:

Ignore it again:

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Really nice work, where does it fit in, I mean what sort of game, story?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That's the Landmaster tank from Star Fox. Presumably for his Smash Brothers game. Is it a new item? The Landmaster would be a pretty fantastic item. Adding vehicles to Smash Bros. is a pretty sick idea in general.
Is for the Final Smash of Fox, the current one lacks of Shading, the details, a correct palette.... it sucks xD So i had to remake it.

Time for arwing.
Just some more examples of this mapping style I am using.

@Prexus: Every game has its own style so I guess this ones fitting. I like it for the most part and the maps are nicely put together but why doesnt the interior have a back wall? I understand the route you are taking but I think adding a back wall would look better.
That is probably the best use of the VX rtp that I've seen. Instead of trying to make it seem not squarey and overly complicated, it embraces it's sqaureness and doesn't try to hide it. It's hard to pull off, successful examples include the latest generation of pokemon games.
I can see where Corinthian Baby is coming from!
@prexus
I just wish you'd use that water tile correctly. >.<;
It's supposed to be used in conjunction with the one next to it to create the effect of underwater depth. They copied the idea from Mack. Like so:

Also, some edges I'd whipped up a while ago, edited for VX. Just place the cliff tile along where the water will go and put these over them. Viola~

On the maps - I like the style. I'll vote for no back wall, though, since there's no cliff backs for the other maps and it wouldn't suit the style. I think it's fine as is. Good job!

Different variation on a cave.

Not sure if I posted this yet...

Typical of my detailed, busy mapping style. :)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Oh, look at that boulder.
That's a nice boulder.
Craze
yuna21, on the first screen, you might want to look into a higher-res lighting overlay; the pixels are really obvious. Also, did you actually test that boulder set? It seems impossible from that side. Finally, while I really like the arches, the sandstone-ish pillar sticks out since it's... not the same grey block. There are better-suited pillars in the RTP/Mack sets imo.

As for the second screen:

@Liberty: I don't want the water to appear that deep... I may have to make my own edit. I knew that the tile I used was for the underwater "cliff" but it almost looks like shallow water used as a standalone. Also I don't know what those tiles are supposed to be for that you posted. Can you post am example?

The no back wall inside is for exactly that reason. The idea is you can only see the ground and elevations that share an x,y coordinate with it.

Edit: oh I see they are a cutaway section of water. That is very neat I'll likely use those. In that screenshot though it was supposed to be a waterfall off the map but that cutaway is great.
author=Craze
Also, did you actually test that boulder set? It seems impossible from that side.

It's passable in game, my guess is she just didnt want the actual puzzle in the shot.