THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

author=chana
Neat idea, the map is beautiful, why the word "weavery"?

Well that derives from my games choice in terms of classes. Basically, Danceweavery in my game is the combination of performing arts (dancing) and combining it with combat fighting styles. I call it danceweavery because the two subjects kind of "weave" and sow together, combining as a new product or art in this case.

The real name is Danceweaver.
I like the name but you could draw from real-world examples of Dance/Martial Arts. There are several martial arts that draw from dance. Capoeira, Tai-Chi, and a number of the Indian martial arts derive from dance and Yoga to name a few.

Obviously in a high-fantasy setting Danceweaver/Danceweaving works perfectly fine but I find drawing from real-world influences helps keep immersion.
Thanks Byah, no I'm still learning.
Essence: that looks pretty sexy, the only thing I'm not digging is the textbox message window, looks too low-res..maybe try a picture instead.

Updated Treasure room in the Den of the Baragon
Some more maps I have slowly been working on. This style of mapping takes considerable effort to make look good.

This one I want to know what people think of specifically. It was a sort of test-of-concept I like the results but I am not sure if that is my creator's love or if its actually any good or accomplishes what its supposed to look like.

author=tpasmall

The room is very 'ceremonious', in that it is very symmetrical. It doesn't look natural, but I don't know if that is what you were going for. Otherwise it looks fine I suppose.
author=prexus
The room is very 'ceremonious', in that it is very symmetrical. It doesn't look natural, but I don't know if that is what you were going for. Otherwise it looks fine I suppose.

It's meant to be, while the cave itself is mostly natural, that room isn't.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Craze, that Remains area made me want to give up on mapping.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Deckiller
Craze, that Remains area made me want to give up on mapping.

=3

Sadly I haven't mapped since posting those; I've been working on the battle system demo when not playing League of Legends and Dissidia 012.
author=Lotus_Games
Thanks Byah, no I'm still learning.
Essence: that looks pretty sexy, the only thing I'm not digging is the textbox message window, looks too low-res..maybe try a picture instead.

Yeah, I've always wanted to have a CMsg box system, but I've probably done about a whole days worth of text to be changed already. I guess I'm being lazy, and I should change it, actually. It'd add a nicer touch to my game, that's for sure.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Finally figured out how I want the Tundra to look.

Prexus: I find your use of the shadow pen odd (for map edges); maybe try arrows or something instead? Overall I really like the style/look, but there's probably a better way to show transition spots.

I'm using these in Edifice, they took me all of two seconds so feel free to steal:

I'm doing this now after discussing it with K-hos in the IRC.

Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
I think that looks better, prexus! :)

Just used to show off some of my edits, including transparent waterfalls and side foam/flow. whoop~
@Liberty: I'm really liking those edits you have there, really eye-popping without being too overbright.

Another one from me. :)

An abandoned temple that serves as a hideout for a certain group of bandits.

Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
@Liberty: I've always loved those edits you did to have the waterfalls on the side like that. Makes it look very pretty and opens up mapping capabilities.

@yuna: Ooh, it's pretty! Bad bandits, hiding out in a pretty temple!

Working on some new battlebacks, re-mapped entire first dungeon.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=tpasmall

idk why but this screenshot is like ridiculously pretty to me
author=Max McGee
idk why but this screenshot is like ridiculously pretty to me

Thank you! My only guess is that you must be on drugs, because my mapping skills are about 1/1000th of anyone else on this site, ha.
-Essenceblade: Use common events to call the text box as a picture and another one to close it. That way in the command menu all you have to do is call the respective common event instead of entering in various commands every time a dialogue starts.

-Tpa: Looks pretty my suggestion regards the slime sprites, because they are highly saturated they stick out too much in front of the more toned down background. I suggest adding shadows for the monster sprites so they blend better and feel grounded.