THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

What's this? Contest posts? I'ma get in on dis~

(Yes, I know about the missing tree top. It's been fixed~)

@Kyrsty: He came up really nice! <3
@Craze: Looking forward to it! Your games are always a fun challenge. >:D
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
UPRC
I'd darken up the window box a tiny bit but, other than that, I think it looks great!

Agreed.

LIBERTY YOUR SHOTS ARE GREAT

That rope looks really silly hanging like that, but that's the only thing I dislike. I'm totally stealing that style of town square, too (with the buildings overlapping the actual plaza - it looks like organized chaos).
Liberty, those are really fantastic. Your maps always look so natural and organic. You truly are the Queen of RTP or whatever that title was that you had before!

And these screenshots are making me really hyped about switching to VX Ace after finishing my 2k3 game. Bring it on!
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
What bothers me is that I can't distinguish any VX/Ace game from each other.
Even if there is a VX game that has original graphics and is distinguishable, I mistake it for XP.
Groan.
Craze
Nightowl
Even if there is a VX game that has original graphics and is distinguishable, I mistake it for XP.
Groan.

It's supposed to be a fighting/rpg game. Probably isn't much, tell me what you guys think.

@tysonrss: If you select battle commands, it isn't a Fighting RPG. It's just an RPG.
uh i would say a 1on1 rpg could be called a fighting rpg. not like these genres are written in stone. fucking yomi is a 1on1 card game but it simulates a fighting game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The use of World of Warcraft icons makes me giggle, but the creation of a DBZ fangame makes me cry myself to sleep

Did you make the sprites? That would at least be something.
Lol, I'll come up with something else for those.

And no. What do you mean 'cry yourself to sleep'?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean that when I go to bed every night, I am overwhelmed by grief that there are people in the world who think it is a good idea to make DBZ fangames. This sorrow causes me to lie there, weeping, sobbing, until finally out of exhaustion I fall asleep in a puddle of tears.
What's wrong with that? The offical games are super crap. And that's not just with Dragonball.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=Nightowl
My problem too.
hadn't read right, actually my problem is I can't distinguish one vxace game from another...
@Darken: Featuring one-on-one fights doesn't make a game a Fighting game. That was a bad example.

Video game genres are categorized based on their gameplay interaction. Looking at the controls is usually enough to categorize a game:
In battles, a Fighting game assigns to the controls different attacks of varying strength and other actions (movement, etc.) while an RPG assigns choice selection and Confirm/Cancel commands.

I agree that genres aren't set in stone, but if I follow your line of thought categorizing a game's genre would become too subjective. Zelda: A Link to the Past for instance would be labeled as an Action-Adventure-Fighting-RPG-Puzzle-Shooter-Strategy-Simulation game.

Created a torch carrying animation for one of the lead characters in my game. Now when he is in dungeons, he will carry a torch.

Added realism +1
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Nice, I like the way the darkness surrounds it.
the dude has a fire eye

Added realism +1

a Fighting game assigns to the controls different attacks of varying strength and other actions (movement, etc.) while an RPG assigns choice selection and Confirm/Cancel commands.

ahahaha that's just as subjective
Craze
what happens when I show you Dissidia's command menu mode
You forgot to cite "In battles," which makes all the difference.
author=Avee
@Darken: Featuring one-on-one fights doesn't make a game a Fighting game. That was a bad example.

Video game genres are categorized based on their gameplay interaction. Looking at the controls is usually enough to categorize a game:
In battles, a Fighting game assigns to the controls different attacks of varying strength and other actions (movement, etc.) while an RPG assigns choice selection and Confirm/Cancel commands.

I agree that genres aren't set in stone, but if I follow your line of thought categorizing a game's genre would become too subjective. Zelda: A Link to the Past for instance would be labeled as an Action-Adventure-Fighting-RPG-Puzzle-Shooter-Strategy-Simulation game.

So then by your logic, it still counts. Because inputting combinations with the attacks will be present.