THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
author=Ghost
Rainfall:My current project

i'm here for you broo! GAME ON GAME! FOREVER!

• bad game mechanics: check
    robot in speedo: check
    snake arms: check
    valley of robot corpses: check
    phantom robot lord with tank spike arms that extend that you have to avoid: check
    babe: check

follow me on tumblr!
rainbow nightmare: libra
Hey, thanks for the feedback guys!

@LockeZ

This is not a "explain your project thread" so i keep this short:

1. animations will blend with the rest later on, have not decided about final screen tone yet (sprites are modified VX, animations are from metal slug series).
2. Im using static backgrounds from old beat em up games (final fight / night slashers). i know about the size difference and cant/wont change this. just take it as a fun fact.
3. HUD explained
Top left green bar = life
Top right green bar = ammo
Bottom left "A" = Current Armor (empty in the example screen)
bottom left "CC" = Current close combat weapon (empty)
bottom 1-9 numbers = Available missile weapons (all empty in the example screens)
author=LockeZ
Those benches are twice as tall as the humans. So are the fences in the first screen. Is this a game about a zombie infestation that happens after Dr. Evil shrinks everyone on the planey with a shrink ray?

That's.... exactly what I think when I play every RPG ever.

I'm probably going to change that last line of dialogue. For some reason, it sounds badly worded to me.
@Dethmetal, you could try: "Aren't you aware the gateway to hell lies within a few miles of here?!"
author=Ghost
Rainfall:My current project

this is cool

rock on

I want to make the windows opaque because the transparency hampers the retro feel I'm going for, so I'll probably do something about that.

Still really early and there are literally no other NPCs present. Most of what I'm doing is filling up the database and mashing random 8-bit graphics together (or making them/editing existing ones).
author=Ultima187
@Dethmetal, you could try: "Aren't you aware the gateway to hell lies within a few miles of here?!"

This is actually exact what I changed it to, but I had him say "portal to Hell" instead because that way, it all fits in one message box:)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Still got some things to fix up.

but it's coming along nicely.
@SorceressKyrsty
Why are there silver bars in heaps on the streets?
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
They're meant to be rubble. It's a warzone, so there will be flames coming out of the cracks, cars on fire, dead bodies, all that good stuff.
that screenshot gives me leg cramps
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Krysty - Goddamn! That looks good.

(Still working on this)

@Krysty: I love ff8 so your screen is already a fav in that regards, but it looks really nice keep up the great work.

@Tau: I love your screens, I'm a big fan of the graphic style you are using, can you tell us a bit more about the game and the screen shots?
Still working on Mount Saber.

NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
Yippy Kay YAY!BABY HIT ME ONE MORE TIME!!!
I'm making a new manga!
author=NOACCEPTANCE772
Yippy Kay YAY!BABY HIT ME ONE MORE TIME!!!
I'm making a new manga!

is this a joke?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Lotus - Thank you. As for more info.. I prefer not to unless it's really needed.

@Avee - That's great man, the shear scope and variety of paths, it makes me want to explore, what's the caves look like?

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=SorceressKyrsty
facking DELING CITY
This is freaking amazing