THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Bloodrose - Why not make 3D panoramic environments. You seem quite good and it would only need to be one angle. Parallax mapping is big with VX/Ace.

Tau: What's with the grey text? The composition of the text looks kind of odd with two colours like that. It's not a big problem though (might just be me), but I like the rest of the map. It's pretty atmospheric.

Instinct: Bloodrose! If you were at RMN before, welcome back! If not, then just welcome!
Finished revamping Gesallia Kingdom, which I felt was pretty small before to be called a kingdom. Here's how it looked before, and how it looks now~

Before:

After:
Not bad Sana. I'm a little worried though, would the southern areas of the map feel empty ingame? How much of that fits on one screen?
author=UPRC
Not bad Sana. I'm a little worried though, would the southern areas of the map feel empty ingame? How much of that fits on one screen?
Not all that empty no, lol though I wanted to spread stuff out quite a bit given the new size of the map~ :)
(I usually forget adding things even when I'm done with a map, so if it does actually feel empty to some people, I could add a few things.)
@Commissar_Thule: I am absolutely in love with your pallette! I don't know if the screen is supposed to be that big, but it's nice to see the whole map for a change. Great job! It would be nice to have more contrast between the vertical and horizontal edges of the cliff, though, to create the illusion of depth.

@Dyhalto: Now I don't know whether it's the 3d graphics, or the suggestive poses of the girls, but those screenshots look freaky. Also, it doesn't seem to blend in well with the environment, if you know what I mean.

@Tau: Brilliant char sets and nice dialogue. But as UPRC is saying, what is with the text?

@Sana: I prefer the first map because it is less spacious. Sometimes you want things to be close together, you know?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@UPRC & thatbennyguy - The grey text is the main character talking or in this case reading in his own head. That's why I have speech marks for the text in white to show he's talking aloud. Thank you!

@Sana - I'm with UPRC on this one. I just don't get why you made it THAT much bigger then before. Is this game of yours supposed to be online or something?
author=Tau
@Sana - I'm with UPRC on this one. I just don't get why you made it THAT much bigger then before. Is this game of yours supposed to be online or something?
I guess I did make it a little large..lol, though I really felt that the previous one just was too small. I took a look at several medieval styled castles before making this, and sort of designed it like them. And no, there's not gonna be any online stuff. :)

author=thatbennyguy
@Sana: I prefer the first map because it is less spacious. Sometimes you want things to be close together, you know?
True, true..lol I usually stick to smaller sized maps myself, though it lacked the size I wanted the kingdom to be. I didn't make the rooms you can enter from this map large though, since they're just for one person~
It's definitely not a bad map at all, it's just maybe a little bit too open.
@Tau: Yeah, I've thought about doing pre-rendered backgrounds... not sure if that's what you mean by parallax mapping.

@UPRC: Hey there, I don't think I've been here before. Thanks... and I remember your name:)

@Sana: I like the mapping, although I would suggest reverting back to the smaller map for what its worth.
@Sana:

I'm with a few others on this one, the smaller map looks better to me. I could see going an extra couple tiles for the corridor's but that's about it. I understand the concept of a great room, but the one in the second picture is just a little too great.

edit: PS- What tileset are you using in the second screenshot?
@Tau: Nice use of what I believe is Teo's Chipsets, I appreciate your simple and clean mapping style.

@Sana: I really love your maps, they are reminiscent of old school rpgs with more modern looking lighting effects which are great by their own right. I would try adding shadows to the columns and other objects though and particularly to the chandeliers, we see chandeliers hanging but it looks really weird as there is no sense of depth. Maybe adding more shadows would help that is my only complaint and suggestion to you're pretty map.
That would give you some practice with indoor paras, Sana :)
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Bloodrose - Yeah, pre-rendered backgrounds would be what they are, paralax mapping is the term for how you would be implementing them in the maker.. If that makes sense. But yeah I think that style would benefit you more, though probably more effort involved.

@Lotus - Yeah it's Theo, and thank you.

@Tau:Fantastic map! I love the FF XI music you have in the background, it really reminds me of my adolescence and I particularly like your water fountain with its respective effect. Is it by chance from Lunar Silver Star Story? It seems pleasantly familiar. My only suggestion to you would be to make the fish transparent, it looks odd with them being fully opaque.
Yeah, that statue is from Lunar. Very nice use of the Theo chipsets. I wish I still had access to them myself, since they're all very good for modern-ish settings.
@Tau: Ah... I see the light. Maybe I will try that because... here's a scoop... I absolutely hate mapping lol. I just find it so absolutely tedious and I find no pleasure in it.

Having said that, great mapping you got there. I can't comment on all the little details such as the light shining off to the right instead of left and what have you... I'm more about overall presentation to the player. If your lighting is a little off, but I get in there and your fade-ins are spot-on, your music thunders at the exact instant that a certain event happens... I wouldn't notice that one tile in your curtains is a little off. I'm just going to say, "Ok... that was impressive...". Draw the player's eyes where you want them... the rest is filler as long as it is done to a competent degree and you've certainly done that.

So... great screens. Can't wait to see you bring them to life:)

EDIT: @dethmetal: I apologize I didn't see you address me. By "THE" Bloodrose you mean the guy who ran Liquid Motion... it is indeed me. Good to see you again, I remember your name... you've been around the block:)
Sailerius
did someone say angels

Putting the finishing touches on a demo to submit to the Boston Festival of Indie Games.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
The girl on the right is really cute, I like it.
@Sana: Besides the map being too big, all the elements seem to be placed in a whim. What bother me the most are the columns; columns are not just ornaments, you know? They help support the structure by distributing its weight evenly into the ground; And this arrangement doesn't quite convince me. I've never seen anything like that... Also, the rooms are too irregularly shaped.

@Sailerius: Not bad. But I guess the graphics are still works-in-progress at this point, right? Judging by the unpolished results... There's something that bother me about those girls though. I think it's their smiles. They look fake somehow.