THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I really like the eye candy Feld, my only suggestion is to re-make the ceiling tiles as they stand now, they stick out a lot and do not seem to fit.
But they're supposed to stand out... that's how you differentiate elevation.

Messing with mapping, like I do. Trying to get a darker feel with the RTP.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
It certainly is darker! I don't think I've seen anyone map that well with VX/A without resorting to using a panorama, looks fantastic Liberty. One thing though, the water looks way too dark, like bottomless pit dark.

Just trying something..
author=Liberty
Messing with mapping, like I do. Trying to get a darker feel with the RTP.

I think you may have gone a bit overboard with the darkening, unless that's supposed to be a very cloudy day. I think the decreased saturation is enough, and you should keep a level of brightness similar to the original. Also, I echo Tau's comment about the water. But it's going well, I always thought the VX RTP tiles were a bit too saturated.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101

Now that's a nice screen. Before reading the description, it reminded me of Princess Momonoke with the animals becoming corrupted and everything.

Are you saying you've made everything on that screen from scratch? I have my doubts as it looks nothing short of professional but if it the case, the quality of your spriting is mind blowing.
Desaturising makes it too grey and 'fuzzy', unfortunately, so I needed to add contrast... which made it both sharper but darker. I'll try it again and see if I can come up with a decent contrast. Thanks guys~

Also, Tau, nice. It feels a little bare for some reason, but that might just be because of the size of the sprites vs the walls. I like the colours and those beams are great. Good job~
This is a WiP and it's missing a lot of events and stuff like that.

I always liked the idea of adding a theater fight scene in one of my games.
@FlyingJester
Well that's pretty interesting :)
author=Creation
Are you saying you've made everything on that screen from scratch?

what an outrageous claim
author=Creation
Are you saying you've made everything on that screen from scratch? I have my doubts as it looks nothing short of professional

I can understand this sentiment because most people in this community do not have a desire to take their craft beyond a hobby.

I am certain it is real because no existing game has been made with those graphics ^^
author=Creation
Are you saying you've made everything on that screen from scratch? I have my doubts as it looks nothing short of professional but if it the case, the quality of your spriting is mind blowing.

The entire game is 100% original, from scratch. It will stay this way... The pixel art artist is divided between another artist and me.

Glad you like it (I think), and yeah I was kind of thinking of Princess Mononoke at the time. Though a lot of weird / abstract stuff occurs in general, animals aren't the only ones affected.

If you want to follow the game you can here.

I'm pretty easy to get a hold of (check my profile) and I would love some feedback.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Well, kudos to you then. I have to admit I'm impressed. Those trees look superb which is why I was suspecting a rip from some other game or some superficial edit.

I'm glad you're doing everything from scratch as far as the graphics go. There really are too few of those kind of projects.

I've checked your blog already. There's not much to give feedback about just yet but keep posting some screenshots and I'll let you know what I think.

EDIT: Is the main character a half-giant or something? I mean, is she supposed to be colossal like that? The only thing I could possibly nitpick about (and that's after scrutinizing everything in great detail) is that those three dudes on the right look a bit too similar but, I mean, it's minor.

Post more.
author=Creation
EDIT: Is the main character a half-giant or something? I mean, is she supposed to be colossal like that?

i really enjoy reading your posts
The three dudes are children. It's not unlikely to see children working, carrying buckets of water, helping out with farming, that's the idea here.

Events like these occur, and I found it would be weird if it was just the cast members experiencing these events. So I included the NPCs in a lot of scenes.
I think I may have finally made something from scratch that's usable in game. How do the canoe's look? (I made them in tileset form so you can make them longer).

edit: and a desaturated version without water events.

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
oooh, that's cute! maybe a bit shiny?

edit : ninja'd, looking better.
@tpasmall: Nice! The second version looks much better. You wouldn't get that much splashes around canoes anyway. The oars do most of the splashing.
Thanks! I might play around with saturation/brightness/contrast a little more. I like the overall feel of it, but I think it could be a little better.

Edit: Per Lunarea's suggestion, I added some depth to the canoe