THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
@Daria - that is a lovely map and those lighting effects are positively delicious! My only complaint is something that's probably not your fault, but those stairs look like they give absolutely no head room when you're walking down them, like you'll be halfway down and crack your head on the ceiling suddenly.. I dunno if you could add an extra bit of gap to show the stairs keep going down, or maybe a "MIND YOUR HEAD" sign or something? XD Other than that, it's perfect and looks amazing.

(oh and there's a railing missing on the left staircase, but that's already been pointed out.)
Revised the House.

The Living Area. I'm probably going to try and center it.

You will have a much better look on those lily pads now. You can't fight those monsters while your on top of something (because it would be unfair as monsters can't hop cliffs up or down.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Alichains: Not bad. I like that the rooms have real purposes like a real house, that's something a lot of people fail to do. Try to do the same thing when making indoor dungeons! It will add some character to your zones.

The maps are kind of big and bare. Try deleting some of the empty floor tiles and making the room smaller. The characters and objects are quite small, I don't think you realize how big the room is. Most people don't have enough empty unused floor space around their dining table for five additional dining tables with chairs. You don't really need more than one tile of floor space around the outside of the throw rug. The space behind the couch in the living room I could believe if it's a play area for kids, but it should have a colored blanket and some toys on the floor. The space to the south of the couches and coffee table doesn't need to be there, the walls should just go right up against those objects.

Itaju: The random planks on the ground are kind of weird, but not so weird that they seem wrong, just weird enough that they stand out. It's really busy and noisy, I like that, it works really well, it looks very unruly and wild. I mean the textures as well as the mapping. With your grassland maps I wasn't sure if I liked how busy the textures were, but on the swamp I really like it.

I'm not sure what that structure is supposed to be, some kind of bridge I guess? There doesn't seem to be any way down so it's not a very useful bridge. If you don't want the player to be able to get down from there, maybe have broken collapsed stairs that you can't use, that'd be more realistic than someone building a dead end bridge.
You can find items through interaction sometimes~

Cookies to those who understand this reference. (Congrats Ronove!)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Ali Baba and the 40 thieves? Nice maps!
author=LockeZ
I'm not sure what that structure is supposed to be, some kind of bridge I guess? There doesn't seem to be any way down so it's not a very useful bridge. If you don't want the player to be able to get down from there, maybe have broken collapsed stairs that you can't use, that'd be more realistic than someone building a dead end bridge.

My main character is able to hop up or down any cliffs that are 1 or 2 tiles high. this means she is able to get down that bridge. :)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
videos are technically just a whole bunch of screenshots:

Love Has Eight Legs just went up on the App Store today (for totally freeee)! I'm super happy it's done, finished, complete, and I can add +1 games to my arcadeography. It feels like such a load off when you finally release something. Blaaaaaaaaaaah it's like a mixture of excitement and relief.

Now I gotta build a good web version!

The first classic puzzle in my game. Rotate the Mirrors to change how the plants behave.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
slashphoenix
videos are technically just a whole bunch of screenshots:

also, wow... yeah, feelin' the love. Does the gameplay ever switch up beyond "shoot eight-legged space creatures and their bullets?"
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Nah, it is 100% shoot-things-a-lot-gameplay. I mostly made it to practice making a phone game and learning the hellish process that is XCode and the App Store. I did learn a whole bunch though for my current project, which is a kind of a non-traditional JRPG for CPUs and mobile junk.

Please tell me the bad guy's name is really EVILGOD.
Craze
Hey, that makes it all worth it if you learned in the process.

And yes, the villain is really EVILGOD.
Thanks @LouisCyphre ><
I'll never stop posting, nothing can stop mah maker frenzy nao! *-*

Also, @Itaju, I've never ever played such a minigame before, I'm kind of bugged because you said "Classic", is this present in every game that I have not played? @_______________@ It seems really fuuuuuuun! =D

Also, Craze's stuff, alesome as aways. QAQ
Didn't bother to watch the cutscenes with this slow internet, I jumped to the battles, and they're deviously sexy

Also, "fun facts" - ungh, such a high ammount of polish... Grawwwwwr! Q_Q

Oh, I'm sketching out a simplistic CMS for an ABS
Here it is!

I'd like some small tips on how to improve it without over complexing it... Wich'd be unnecessary and counterproductive. All graphics, except for the systemset, are to be replaced. Q_Q

Also this:

Because RTP platforming is such a wise idea
Especially when it's limited to walk, walk, walk and walk. Q_Q
author=JosephSeraph
Also, @Itaju, I've never ever played such a minigame before, I'm kind of bugged because you said "Classic", is this present in every game that I have not played? @_______________@ It seems really fuuuuuuun! =D

I'd change the Layout from Hp999 / 999 to HP 999/999. Looks more sexy, with the spaces at the right places, believe me. :)

All in all I like that. You have some nifty space in the lower left for item description and such.

As for your question.
If I'm not mistaken those kind of puzzles seem to be in every Zelda game that far. Being in a dungeon, moving stuff around, hitting levers, etc.
@Slash: 8 is too many for me my man! Cool video though, I especially loved the Earth Characture, though I always thought she was "Mother Earth" On a final note, sick particle effects! What engine/language was this developed in?

@Itaju: Love the latest screenshot with the mirror puzzles. I've been a big Zelda fan as of late so it's cool seeing this kind of puzzle but I would enjoy seeing it even more in action!

@Joseph: Cool, I love ABS in games. I'm assuming that black in the background will become transparent eventually? I like the wip so far, can't wait to see the finished product.
For your RTP Platform, try out a different set up with the grass to achieve a more natural perspective. If you break it up and use rtp effectively you can really make it look like a platformer. Also I see you are using those wooden fences to limit player movement but the ones one top are floating over the sky. Try either editing the chipset to make them a few pixels lower or use Photoshop to edit your maps and get the desired effect. I made a quick example using Photoshop and rtp to show you what I mean.

Hope it helps and good luck!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ha, thanks. I use Unity3D to make my games, and it has a really nice built in particle system that can add a lotta visual polish.
Yah, thanks for the menu tips, and yah, I didn't think about an intelligent way to use that space, thank you, @Itaju!

Also, @Lotus_Games, no, I just... I just love those HD-ish black stripes whose name I don't know lol q_q
Somehow I think that the screen feels fresher like this. Easier to the eye. Most my stuff have this xD Also whoa, whoawhoa
That mockup looks really beautiful! :O:O:O
I didn't want to edit the RTP 'cause I wanted to see how far I could get only using the RTP for a platformer but... Ungh.
So I editted the chipset for a platformer verision of the RTP hahaha

Testin' more stuff. Platforming in Rm is so, so fun!!!! *-* I didn't know it <3 <3 <3 <3
@Mr. Slash: Awesome, it's cool seeing another member here who uses Unity though I'm still learning myself =] Haven't tried the particle system yet, I'll have to look more into it!

@Mr. JosephSeraph: That's a huge improvement from the previous screenshot you posted. I see you are finding your stride.

Here are some more suggestions: The view you have set up in the new screenshots is a side view but you are mixing certain graphics such as the ghost sprite, the windows, and the two houses in the first pic which have a top-down 45 degree perspective with the side perspective of the "view port" This can be confusing to for players to look at. I'd suggest making the houses 2 dimensional rather than the 2.2-2.3 you have with the added depth of the roof top. Also have all npcs only move side to side rather than up and down.

Another thing you might want to do if you choose this perspective (which looks great in your second screenshot by the way) is take all the character sets and edit them so that they have the same side view perspective as by default they follow the top down 45 degree perspective.

Finally there is a lot of color loss occurring with those lighting effects. The reason is rpg maker 2003 does not have alpha channel support for pictures and in your case is limited to a 256 bit color pallet for your panaromas. You would be better off creating lighting effects as a picture in photoshop with a black non-transparent background color and than applying it as an overlay picture with fairly high transparency in the engine. Or if you go for a non-feathered lighting effect (use a solid brush) you can set the black background as transparent when importing into the engine. This will get rid of color loss. Finally if you want to go the lazy route =p you could play around with the index color dithering options to get the optimal effect with minimal color loss.

Hope that makes sense =]

P.S. if you look at my example you will notice everything follows the 45 degree perspective and that set-up would save a lot of trouble if you're going for rtp graphics.

Got another part of my game done, wohoo!
Craze
it's like somebody took a photo of spilled strawberry syrup on the ground and then it was horribly resized for rpgmaker

EDIT: sorry (not really) you're probably trying to be "dark" and "edgy" or something but that looks horrible