THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=LouisCyphre
Not even the decency to use Lux's updated splash art...

Her old art was better anyway.

@joseph: it was a little bit confusing to look at because the hanging corpses don't really have depth and sort of blend in with the red background. Maybe add shadows under them or something?
More action in this one, Hard mode, wave 30.

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Ratty524
Her old art was better anyway.

u cray

that is all
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Radnen - looks good. i'm not big on tower defence, but if i was i'd really dig a sprite based one. how about some video of that intense action?
khazga
Perpetual Nuisance Machine
author=Itaju
radnen, wad engine is dat?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the same as the original which used Sphere.

Looks crazy hectic!
Some one say HECTIC!?

Wave 50, very hard difficulty in an attempt to balance all the turrets!

The pulses can get very seizure-inducing, so I might want to try to find a way to tone it down.

Link 2112: I'll put a video up once I finish the game so I can get some menu action going, and then put it up on the game page. But yeah, a video will do this justice.
I started working on a city in outer space for my game a few days ago.

I'm a little unsure about the fences. After I got gimp to make a new attempt on editing tilesets, I finally solved it and decided to add those.

Question is, do you think they're important to have? I think they're a nice touch but it's just that they're a little messy to work with and I want to keep it as clean and possible with just the rtp tiles. Would it affect the map/maps much if I removed them?
Hey everyone. Working on a game with some buds, and I just recently started taking my mapping seriously. I'm not a great mapper, but I wanted your opinions on some maps I'm working on.

Here we have a tower with a bridge that's gonna connect to another tower. (I know the bridge looks weird after looking it over. Gonna fix it)

Here's a dungeon inside of a castle.

And here's an older map I made. It's an Inn.

Hope I'm off to a good start >_<

author=luiishu535
I started working on a city in outer space for my game a few days ago.

I'm a little unsure about the fences. After I got gimp to make a new attempt on editing tilesets, I finally solved it and decided to add those.

Question is, do you think they're important to have? I think they're a nice touch but it's just that they're a little messy to work with and I want to keep it as clean and possible with just the rtp tiles. Would it affect the map/maps much if I removed them?

The fences look just fine to me.

What makes the map look messy is the amount of clutter and inconsistency between ground tiles. I'd stick to one type of ground tile, and maybe think about reorganizing the layout of the buildings somewhat.

author=SkySaber
Here we have a tower with a bridge that's gonna connect to another tower. (I know the bridge looks weird after looking it over. Gonna fix it)

Move the bottom of the bridge up one tile, or extend the platform at the end. The one side of the bridge looks like it connects to nothing. I'd also add some kind of light source near the door, lest the tower guards be plunged in darkness at night time.

author=SkySaber
Here's a dungeon inside of a castle.

Not bad, although the lighting makes no sense on the left side. Focus the glow on the torches, as that's where the light is coming from.

Also, the inconsistency between the two cells with the placement of the bunks is bugging me. I don't know if anyone else would care, but in my opinion they should match.

author=SkySaber
And here's an older map I made. It's an Inn.

Looks fine to me, albeit a little dark. This scene is probably at night so that's probably the idea (though the white window panes suggest there's light outside), but I feel it could be just a little brighter in there.

I'd also suggest adding doors to the entrances of the rooms. Weary travelers can't be choosy about their lodgings, but I know I'd want some privacy.
Great screenies everyone! Here's my (now) finished map of the Sunken Palace of Sels'mina~ (The entrance anyway..lol)

You'll be able to explore this area at two different times; Once during a flashback in the past (The seal on the door won't be there then.), and again whenever you'd like after a certain point in the present. The seal on the door will be unlocked leading into the inside of the palace, by gathering six artifacts and using them to light up the jewels on the pillars.
author=Sana
Great screenies everyone! Here's another WIP; this time of a palace filled with water:

You'll be able to explore this area at two different times; Once during a flashback in the past (The seal on the door won't be there then.), and again whenever you'd like after a certain point in the present. The seal on the door will be taken off once all six of the jewels light up like they are in the screenie, and then afterwards you can explore the palace. I just kept the seal visible to let ya'll know that it's there. :)

(This is how the map looks in the past, however in the present, it will look far more destroyed, and in ruins.)

The map isn't symmetrical; you need to extend the railing/water on the left side to match.

Also, the bottom two pillars seem obscured by the shape of the room. Extend the water downwards a bit so that the bottom two pillars don't look like they're in the hallway.

Other than that, it looks great.
EDIT: Updated my first post with the finished image~

Tile Set testin'.

Well there is a lot of doodads missing (like rocks, flowers, etc.)

I'd love some suggestions and help on the palette/coloring/contrasts. Thanks!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I like the overall desaturated feel, but the trees blend in with the grass a bit too much. Outlines aren't really in your style, but perhaps... hmm. Could you lighten the darkest pixel in the grass tile, to make the trees pop more?

The cliffs are fucking fantastic and I am insanely jealous of them.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Looking great, maybe the grass is a bit thick, make it all like the light patch on the rock in the middle? but it's really a detail.

Wheeee! This is probably my favorite room right now that I've done. Wanted to do at least one room with all three floors in it, and I think it'll work out fine. Overpass/underpass thing hasn't been put into this screen, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to do.
khazga
Perpetual Nuisance Machine
author=Sana
Great screenies everyone! Here's my (now) finished map of the Sunken Palace of Sels'mina~ (The entrance anyway..lol)

Not sure if I really dig the cloud overlay being used inside. It seems kinda odd to me. If you're going for a foggy or steamy look, try and find a more appropriate overlay. Otherwise, I'd ditch it altogether. Apart from that, looks good.

author=Itaju
Tile Set testin'.

I like the idea, but the grass is a little too overpowering for me. Either it needs more variations to break it up, or it needs to be toned down a little. Maybe both? Right now, I feel that it overpowers everything else a little too much. The rest of the scene looks sexy as usual.

author=Xenomic
Wheeee! This is probably my favorite room right now that I've done. Wanted to do at least one room with all three floors in it, and I think it'll work out fine. Overpass/underpass thing hasn't been put into this screen, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to do.

I see a problem with the cliff heights on the bottom right. All along the bottom it finishes off-screen until you get to the end, where it suddenly becomes 4 tiles high. Minor issue, though. Looks intricate layout-wise.
That's because that bottom right is another floor in itself (another 2nd floor if you will).