THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That might be the most hideous thing I've ever seen
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Liberty
I see you still haven't fixed the corners of the water and land. Joy.

That's water? And the giant pool table is land?

This is the best screenshot, by the way.
this is maybe the only time in my life I've seen custom graphics that I wish would be replaced with the RTP.

what's happening to me?
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
When that first image was posted, I kinda thought the photo was a plaecholder to be traced over and given more appropriate graphics. I use photos a lot and trace over them and turn them into graphically appropriate art so just presumed that's what his plan was; to turn the photo into art that'd suit.

But now am kinda getting the vibe he's just...leaving it as a photo?

Naw, can't do that unless this is some kind of Alice in Wonderland game in reverse...
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Unless you intend to master 3D modelling and its use in RM, redrawing panoramas, or making larger, heavily detailed sprites, I'd recommend dropping the idea entirely.
@LockeZ: Oh, I see! You mean like this? Link Yeah, that'd make sense. It is common that the entire eight of the southern wall is still 'implied' in the room, so that got me fooled. But I guess you only leave one 'wall' tile there (I say this because the bottom of certain objects, such as barrels, still get partially covered). Although, as you can see you're missing that tile in one part of the room. =P Change it if you want, it doesn't have to be perfect... Alright, all in all I'd say you're doing a pretty good job in this regard, so nevermind then...

As for the "unaccounted space" yeah, I'd try to use it up if possible, even with 'repeated' content. A locked door could be an alternative but that would probably confuse/annoy players. xD And it's not like they're going to mind/notice the gap in the first place. It's just for the satisfaction of being a "good" mapper. Also, if something it's supposed to be part of the exterior, fine, no objections there.

@Topic: Whoa! The word "awful" took a while to come up. I was worrying that we had started to being 'nice' or something. *yikes*

But, yeah. That looks awful, jakandsig, specially if you don't have a real purpose in mind to do it. But if you really insist in doing it, at the very least use graphics that match better. Use cartoon backgrounds, or 'photographic' charas, or 3D; something!

Back in the day when I was doing this exact sort of thing (Ugh) I used Bryce 3D for the backgrounds. I bet there must be better 3D programs today that will allow you all the freedom you need, so don't have to go out hunting for photographs all the time.

...The idea has lots of potential, but it requires lots of work to pull it off satisfactorily, at least in rpg maker. =P

Edit: @Mister BIG T: Those are some very cute portraits. But those charas are a bit tall for the furniture around. Are the tiles placeholders?
author=alterego
Edit: @Mister BIG T: Those are some very cute portraits. But those charas are a bit tall for the furniture around. Are the tiles placeholders?

Uh. No, they're not.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@ Mister Bit T: I think it's the bookshelf. It needs to be a little bit taller. Everything else seems convincing in terms of size relation to the characters, except for that object.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I really like the taller charsets, Mr. Big T. Some of the furniture does look a bit small for them, but not bizarrely so. They're only a few pixels taller than RMXP characters, and the same width, so for the most part, the objects that were already too small for RMXP characters anyway look too small for yours.

I would recommend using RMXP tiles instead of RMVX tiles for some of the furniture, with that in mind. The beds in particular are ridiculously small. Your character is twice as tall as the one bed I can see, lol.

I LOVE the style of the portraits, though the random woman's eyes look a little weird.
author=Ratty524
@ Mister Bit T: I think it's the bookshelf. It needs to be a little bit taller. Everything else seems convincing in terms of size relation to the characters, except for that object.

author=LockeZ
I really like the taller charsets, Mr. Big T. Some of the furniture does look a bit small for them, but not bizarrely so. They're only a few pixels taller than RMXP characters, and the same width, so for the most part, the objects that were already too small for RMXP characters anyway look too small for yours.

I would recommend using RMXP tiles instead of RMVX tiles for some of the furniture, with that in mind. The beds in particular are ridiculously small. Your character is twice as tall as the one bed I can see, lol.

I LOVE the style of the portraits, though the random woman's eyes look a little weird.

It makes me SO happy that everything doesn't have to be redone that you guys have no idea.

And then we dance! With a hum and rucka and wocka thum thum!
those awkwardly shaded schoolboy days of half-kaizer
author=Liberty
I see you still haven't fixed the corners of the water and land. Joy.

No they are fixed, the original version is very very different than the censor version you played. Although that was before I knew that games with curses where allowed on the site, so I rushed an edited version with tons of stuff changed and removed. Should have looked at the communtiy more.
so is your game ~*~ironically bad~*~ or what

you ain't no bluxxon quest I can tell you that much
I am also working on this game, it;s in first person, and using tons of pictures and a parralax, when you move your char, which has no graphic, the area around moves with it in step. I finally got it to work and will have a demo up soon for those interested finally after 3 months:

Due to FP perspective, I guess I can draw blended shadow figures as Npc's go for a noir type deal as the majority of the game will have similar art style drawn by me and other contributions.

With this I may be able to find a way for third-person but it's hard enough editing this system as it is, takes tons of stuff to make work.
How does this look for a school office? :D

NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=Mr_Detective
How does this look for a school office? :D

Looks so coooool!! :D
Please keep us updated on this :)
I wanna see how it turns out and it is populated with chibis.LOL ;)
BTW, what are wine and beer bottles doing in a school office? '_'
Here are some new screenshots and VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS For WHORE of BABYLON :D

Sorry for the shitty screenshot and video qualities >.>;
Fraps and snipping tool suck ass :P
EDIT: Woopsie, just recognised a GLITCH :O
When the extra cops show up in the second video, the party get fully healed but then they never lose hit points then.
That is because I forgot to scrip it to turn OFF the switch which causes the event to happen.FIXED NOW :)
Well, I didn't know this was a joke game (All that blood, among other things, were hilarious), so I'm actually kind of relieved. ;P

The only thing that bothered me was that some motorcycle enemies just appear from nowhere at one point in the second video. That kinda ruins the immersion of the battle. You should make an animation of them coming from the left or something; It shouldn't be hard.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=alterego
Well, I didn't know this was a joke game (All that blood, among other things, were hilarious), so I'm actually kind of relieved. ;P

The only thing that bothered me was that some motorcycle enemies just appear from nowhere at one point in the second video. That kinda ruins the immersion of the battle. You should make an animation of them coming from the left or something; It shouldn't be hard.

Can you please give other reasons as to why you think it is a "Joke Game"?
I put a bit of humor in it because it is not supposed to be dreadfully serious and violent at the same time.

Yeah, I should try.
Thanks for your feedback! ^_^