THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

@alterego: It's gone in an entirely different direction. I like this direction.

here
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
@ThatBennyguy:
Here are some things I pointed out for you :P
Not bossing you around or anything, but I think these have to be fixed to make the map look more natural, lol. :P
author=Addit
Look at his "pastry white skin!" And that green bow in his hair... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO HIS MANHOOD!?

I like it (although why does this guy remind me a lot like of "Robin Hood?").

That's pasty. As in, resembling paste. Though, it might work both ways for the Pillsbury dough boy.

Starting work on a custom save load (I was literally forced to, because my Game Plus starts from a new game). Managed to get the text to stand out, for once. Having a bunch of visible crap is not my thing, I'll save that for when you try to select load (also, I've decided not to use DynText in this one because I've got too many plugins already).
NOACCEPTANCE772
author=bulmabriefs144
author=Addit
Look at his "pastry white skin!" And that green bow in his hair... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO HIS MANHOOD!?

I like it (although why does this guy remind me a lot like of "Robin Hood?").
That's pasty. As in, resembling paste. Though, it might work both ways for the Pillsbury dough boy.

Starting work on a custom save load (I was literally forced to, because my Game Plus starts from a new game). Managed to get the text to stand out, for once. Having a bunch of visible crap is not my thing, I'll save that for when you try to select load (also, I've decided not to use DynText in this one because I've got too many plugins already).

Oh yeaaaa.... This save menu looks sexy :D
These are three screenshots from a game I am trying to make. (Which has come along very well)

This image is from the first town the player encounters.

This image is from the hallway of the player's house.

This is just the outside of the player's house.

What do you guys think of them?
NOACCEPTANCE772
author=Darkspinesupersonic
These are three screenshots from a game I am trying to make. (Which has come along very well)

This image is from the first town the player encounters.

This is just the outside of the player's house.

Looks pretty decent for a first try! :)

The mapping is really well done, however there still is the roof and wall problem in the last screenshot.
What's the reason behind leaving it like that? :P
Cannot wait to see battle screens too! :)
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
On that first screeny you forgot to shadow pen underneath the bridge on the roof~
author=Darkspinesupersonic

The other two look fine. I have a beef with this one though.

Ideally, making a good map is about more that just putting stuff together symmetrically (and sometimes it actually shouldn't be that). Let's brush aside the fact we have a window that seems to be going into a room, and that there is a bedroom in the front hall. We have fine art, nice bed, and a big dining room table... and a very ordinary kitchen area. Aside from the fact that it's kinda wide, there are no perks to it. So, it leaves the feeling of social classes getting meshed together. I mean, where are the cooks, refrigerators, extra stove, whatever? We don't even appear to have pots or pans nearby but somehow we have all this food coming about on just a cutting board and a stove?
Thank you all for the help with this.
I have fixed the roof problem, the building in the town picture has been completley re done. (It now matches the shop,)
I also removed the third shop that was un-needed, Along with the building on top of the second building.
I also down-sized the bedroom of the player. (The starting map after the intro sequence)
Here, have some screens.
(I have no comparison picture for the previous form of the bedroom. sorry)

Sapphire's New Look. (semi-low quality and from the editor, sorry)

IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Added more people then just Eric (Who triggers a scene if you talk to him) around the place.

• Added houses that have rooms! (Only four do. The fifth is locked) With the same layout, but entirely different scenery and people.

• Made all buildings match the color scheme.

A extended view of the hallway, (Not updated yet)

The Bedroom

MODIFICATIONS:
  • Downsized it to remove all of the blank space that I didn't use in it.

So, what do you guys think of this set?
The first map doesn't really make sense to me. That river or late needs to be changed. Also, what is that building? It looks too big and too bland. :|

For the hallway, I am sure you do realize that the door is smaller than the bookshelves and those cabinets. Make the wall taller and find a better door tile. Remove those excessive roof tiles as well. :P

Now the bedroom... Have you ever seen anyone puts a closet in front of a window? XD

And guys, is it okay to reuse a map many times? I have a train station map, which will be accessible to 4 different cities. Should I change the designs for each cities? O.O
If you plan to change only the decoration, like. The color of it, what tiles to use. And people and such. Then I think it's ok.
I'd reccomend making the layout different depending on what type of city it is.
So, let's say.
This city is bright, and cheerful.
The trainstation would be white or yellow and have many people in it.
This other city is dark, and abandoned.
The trainstation would be broken, rusted, and abandoned.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.

Advanced Dash.

The faceset doesn't really match the charset but it'll do for now. /runs away
Created a new title screen for the now called Butterfly Chronicles: Palemoon game I've been..well, neglecting as of late(been under the terrible mmorpg hypnotism curse..lol.) What do you guys think? (If anyone else thinks it looks sort of like skyrim's you wouldn't be wrong since I was inspired after seeing that~) There's also a very faint fog in the background that animates..in case anyone can't see it. :3

I do not like the font of the selection window, seems so out of placed.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Butterfly Chronicles is a weird name. Even weirder with Palemoon as a subtitle. Sort of contrasting themes. Not bad, but it leaves me confused as to what the game is about. Werewolves and vampires? A high fantasy epic? Quantum tunneling?

Nice title screen though. I agree with Chrome and think that making the New Game / Continue / Quit be in the same red text as the logo would fit perfectly.
author=LockeZ
Butterfly Chronicles is a weird name. Even weirder with Palemoon as a subtitle. Sort of contrasting themes. Not bad, but it leaves me confused as to what the game is about. Werewolves and vampires? A high fantasy epic? Quantum tunneling?

Nice title screen though. I agree with Chrome and think that making the New Game / Continue / Quit be in the same red text as the logo would fit perfectly.
Weird titles are apparently my forte, haha~ Yeah it does have vamps in it, as well as half-born vamps(dhampirs), though werewolves aren't in it.

I posted two new screens with the changed selection font, each with different font types. The first is one that..I'm deciding on using in the actual dialogue, and the second one is the same font used for the title logo. Are they better looking now? (The font now may be a tad harder to read, in which case I could try brightening it up.) :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Continue doesn't need to be darker than the other two words; if that's because of the fog, and the fog moves to change what's darker/lighter, then ignore me.

I like both. Just making the color match helps a LOT. I think the first font being that red color on a black background for all dialogue in the whole game would be perfect for a vampire game.
Ah, the only reason why Continue is darker is because..well, there's no save file yet. Lol, if I put one in then it'll be the same, brighter color as the other two options~ :3
@Benos
I would watch it but I can't =/ Stupid internet :(

I've done a cliff type of scene, my first attempt with the DS resource pack for this type of map so bear with me >.<

There's a storm a brewing~
LockeZ
I thought that cliff was a wall going up from the southern section of ground to the northern section of ground until I looked more closely. So the northern section is what, just a vertical pillar of rock extending up from the ground far below in exactly that shape? Very unnatural. There should be layers of cliffs and ground at different heights that tier up to the top, not just sky.

Also there are different cliff tiles for the "edges" of the cliff; these should be used to give the cliffs the same shape as the ground above them. You're already using them at the far edges of the cliff but not using them correctly in the middle.