THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Don't make the entire fucking map out of one tile?

I would say make the area out of wireframes.

Except in 2D rather than 3D obviously, but give it like a 3/4 side view so that the player can see the wireframes. I'd make the wireframes some color other than white. Green is the most classical color for a cyber zone.

You might make the objects... transparent? So that you can see the wireframes on the back surfaces of them too. Basically I mean making it so you can fully see all twelve lines that make up a cube, as if it were literally just the wire frame of the cube, as opposed to the above examples where you can't see through the crates and pillars and steam engine.

As far as objects: pipes, conduits, geometric patterns on the ground that look like circuitboards, large circular stargate-type portals, floating blocks, random lasers periodically flying around, pillars of light. Make random parts of things glowing. Give some of the ground some depth instead of making it all paper-thin, perhaps.

FF13 cyber dungeon screenshots:

Kingdom Hearts 2 Tron level:

The good news is that this is one of the easiest possible areas to make tiles for, because all you need to do is draw shitty outlines of whatever you want with the line tool in MS Paint. No details, no colors, no textures.
Some mockups I did for an indie game called "Alacrity Mission."

Had a lot of fun designing the tiles/environments.
meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
Can parallax background help Mr_D? I don't know anything about this kind of mapping, but some of them look very good.
author=SnowOwl
The obvious would be to add machines and different types of floors.

Machines aren't going to make sense. I would add different floors, but there are only 4 types of floors I have that fit the theme. I don't know if I could re-use them over and over again for all the cyber dungeon maps. :-?

author=meisam
Can parallax background help Mr_D?

Probably not... I don't see how that would help. :P
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you're doing more than one dungeon like that, Mr_Detective, you're going to need a bunch of tilesets designed for it.
meisam
in any map you must take player eye into your consideration, if player see the same colors over and over his eye get tired, and he loss interest, I never used a picture background so I don't know how it work, but I guess it prevent this problem.
author=LockeZ
If you're doing more than one dungeon like that, Mr_Detective, you're going to need a bunch of tilesets designed for it.

Yeah... I don't know what I should do now. :(

author=meisam
in any map you must take player eye into your consideration, if player see the same colors over and over his eye get tired, and he loss interest, I never used a picture background so I don't know how it work, but I guess it prevent this problem.

Using different background pictures is not a problem. The main issue is the walkway tiles. I only have 4 different tiles, and I don't think there are any other tiles like that with varied colors. :-?
Hi, so I posted my game years ago (was still in the making then and is now LOL) and at that time some people felt that the element status of the heroes was too much to show in the cbs and made it look cluttered. I never mentioned in detail why I wanted to keep them in since I hadn't finished the particular system that uses them but I have now. I have a summoning system similar to chrono cross that requires the filed element to be the same as the hero who summons. Not only that but I have a switch system where heroes can be swapped to finish enemies faster and gain extra ability points. I figured that it would be required to keep track of things. But since I have more complete now I figured I would get an opinion again. What do you guys think, is it too much?

*Also is there a reason why no one uses the locker on rpgmaker.net to post their screenshots? Don't want to get in trouble ;_;

Thanks,

Kindred7
meisam
you don't need more walkway tiles, as you don't need more varied roads in a fantasy setting, but you need varied surrounding tiles, the problem is with background.
LockZ already told you how
You might make the objects... transparent? So that you can see the wireframes on the back surfaces of them too. Basically I mean making it so you can fully see all twelve lines that make up a cube, as if it were literally just the wire frame of the cube, as opposed to the above examples where you can't see through the crates and pillars and steam engine.

As far as objects: pipes, conduits, geometric patterns on the ground that look like circuitboards, large circular stargate-type portals, floating blocks, random lasers periodically flying around, pillars of light. Make random parts of things glowing. Give some of the ground some depth instead of making it all paper-thin, perhap

see the ff13 example, the walkway is very simple (as all roads should be) its the background that make a difference
author=Dr. House

Can you give me a picture of the map done in Ace as an example? It's kinda hard for me to put in wire frames, twelve lines for a cube, and steam engine or whatever behind the surfaces. :O Tilesets are going to be an issue, too.

I never played FF13 so it is probably a bit off compared to what I have in mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTdq2LNPZWo&list=PL27D0D37D7246B70A

Element Of Chaos. Download it

Dragon Slayer Gaiden. Download it

Poket Quest!. Download it

Zauberer & Prinzessi. Download it

Chronicles of Malvagion. Download it
The canopy and tree trunks are the RTP - they're supposed to be square as balls. The other trees... yeah, they don't really fit, bar the other RTP trees.

@kindred - no reason, bar that people tend to forget it exists. Feel free to link from your locker as you will. ^.^
meisam
you mean the wall and roof tile of forest? it's very hard to fill the place so i thought to use them as filler, in the end I decorate them with some flower, but i am not sure if that solve the problem or not :S

they are still ugly, its my last try to use them :P. what do you think? does the decoration change anything?

edit: Och, I don't get it, what fit and what doesn't fit, it seems Liberty says the non RTP trees dose not fit, Sated seems to indicate the RTP ones dose not fit.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=Liberty
"RTP - they're supposed to be square as balls" , "supposed to be square as balls", "be square as balls"

Did I read that right? 0o
LOL
LockeZ
They are as cubic as testicles.

author=kindred7
Hi, so I posted my game years ago (was still in the making then and is now LOL) and at that time some people felt that the element status of the heroes was too much to show in the cbs and made it look cluttered. I never mentioned in detail why I wanted to keep them in since I hadn't finished the particular system that uses them but I have now. I have a summoning system similar to chrono cross that requires the filed element to be the same as the hero who summons. Not only that but I have a switch system where heroes can be swapped to finish enemies faster and gain extra ability points. I figured that it would be required to keep track of things. But since I have more complete now I figured I would get an opinion again. What do you guys think, is it too much?

*Also is there a reason why no one uses the locker on rpgmaker.net to post their screenshots? Don't want to get in trouble ;_;
It doesn't look too cluttered, no. Just make sure you explain it sort of gradually to the player so they have time to learn it. It sounds like it's probably complex but in a good way.

I use my locker for screenshots all the time. I think people use other sites because they have no makerscore and run out of locker space, or because they already uploaded their pics to those sites before deciding to post them in the screenshot topic.
@Liberty: Thanks, just wanted to be sure lol

author=LockeZ
They are as cubic as testicles.

author=kindred7

It doesn't look too cluttered, no. Just make sure you explain it sort of gradually to the player so they have time to learn it. It sounds like it's probably complex but in a good way.

I use my locker for screenshots all the time. I think people use other sites because they have no makerscore and run out of locker space, or because they already uploaded their pics to those sites before deciding to post them in the screenshot topic.

Oh I see, I thought maybe there was a hidden rule somewhere discouraging it lol. Gradually introducing the playing is a great idea, thank you. I'll be sure to do that!
author=kindred7

Looks great, man! Very eye catching colours and the graphics flow well.

------------------

Anyways, dunno if anybody remembers me or not from GW (GamingWorld), my account name was Brad. Released several demos but the only one that has survived to date is FF4 Fangame.. which wasn't all that great considering my abilities to be honest!

Anyways, decided to get back into rpgmaker for whatever reason, and for the past few months been working hard at my project "Dragoon Legacy", which so far is turning out fantastic and looks to be my highest quality game to date. It's getting really close to a demo, and with the pace that I am working on it with the motivation I have seemed to aquired, I expect a full game release by 2014. So far progress has been better than any other game that I have worked on in the past, where in just a few months I have created over 55 maps, 80 battle animations, 75 skills, 50 monsters, over 80 unique final fantasy-like items and much more.. each feature individually paid much attention to detail to, never rushed!

Here's an early gameplay video, keep in mind that it is early, and I have gone through and updated everything since:

Just created the game page for it as well, so if you want to check it out that would be cool! http://rpgmaker.net/games/5236/

My main goal for this game was to make it enjoyable. I wanted to make something that I would want to play, and with the hopes that all you will enjoy it as well. Look forward to getting any feedback and you can all expect a demo release soon!

-Brad
I am making a nurse office, and I can't find a way to organize all these stuff into a neat order.
Any help? :O

Usually the beds wouldn't be seperated by a sink. That would in an area that were for washing up. Try to compartmentalise the room - one area for sleeping, one for cleaning, one for paperwork and one for medical supplies/information. Perhaps put the beds in the top or bottom areas only, add in some curtains for privacy, place the height and weight apparatus against a wall, move the bin to near the desk and the sink nowhere near the beds. A radiator would probably be good, too, for warmth. And chairs.