THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Dookie
without the black its really hard for the viewer to grasp that we're underground/inside.

also it doesn't get much easier than autotile. you can do it. look at how other games handle interiors and you'll see. I thought someone pointed this out already?

Please bear in mind that I'm making all the graphics by hand and this is my first time doing this stuff, so I can't exactly instantly fix things. I'm definitely going to fix that particular problem, however! I'm just a bit intimidated by the layout of the autotile base (and, y'know, busy with RL creative things that give me money) so I've not taken the time yet.
You've taken the time to post the almost identical same screen that has the same problem. No one cares about your lack of freetime, you posted the screen for advice so take it- if you want.

and man, you can instantly fix the entire map by using a single black tile for the effect now and replace it with a proper autotile with edges later, the point is, your "subway station" looks like a well lit town square in the middle of the day without the surrounding border.

working on my Southern map. Its going to combine a ton of stererotypes from the south to the west. Just got one my tornadoes animating and moving, there will be a ton of these in the "Tornado Alley" section of this map. Bump into one for an annoying mini boss battle.

Just got started on this one, hows it looking so far?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I guess the difference was the addition of trash on the ground and other doodads, which do help and are a nice touch. If those are the changes you wanted to post, then yeah, good job. Now keep making changes. :)
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Those, and I redid some textures and color (to make a better palette), as well as trying to add in a shadow to better separate the ground from the wall.

I guess most of that isn't all that obvious at first glance, which is probably a good thing, given I didn't get anyone saying, "Oh man, those textures are awful!" or anything. XD
@Dookie Looks fantastic. What engine are you using?

@Sooz I love the vibe you're going for. But I do actually think Dookie's version improved on the original. It's better if you make maps that adhere to RPG conventions. To make something look like it's inside, that's generally what you do.

@Kory Toombs I like the texture of the sand. The layout of the trees and rocks feels too random though. It depends on the map, but the player may not know where to walk. Borders of trees and rocks usually guide the player to a destination. Nice though.

Some of my weird little puzzles:

Sooz
author=thatbennyguy
@Sooz I love the vibe you're going for. But I do actually think Dookie's version improved on the original. It's better if you make maps that adhere to RPG conventions. To make something look like it's inside, that's generally what you do.

I'm not arguing that, I'm just explaining why that fix wasn't implemented yet. Sorry if I managed to come off like I was refusing to better something! It's just a slow process for me and I was kind of excited about the fixes I had made. I guess in the future I should hold back on that. vOv

Just some more experimenting with nes graphics.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
I spent 15 hours working on this chipset. Pleeeaaaase give me some damn feedback! LOL!

NOACCEPTANCE772
Oh shit...I'll try fixing this when my connection is better...
right now, I cannot even edit the post :(
@Nemojbakastle, that's simply BREATHTAKING
@noacceptance772, i thoroughly suggest that you submit non-compressed sshots, instead of thumbnails. But that does look interesting! If not a bit empty, at times
@Noacceptance772 - for the love of god man change that message window. I know you changed it from ugly red to ugly blue but the problem wasn't just in the over saturation of the color but that horrible repeating pattern in the window itself. Keep it simple man, the window just serves as a backdrop for text, if its hard to read, you're screwing up. Try a solid color maybe? Soft gradient? Actual texture that doesn't look horrendous.

Cant comment on the tiles, though from far away they still look better than other shots I've seen of yours.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I can't tell what the window actually looks like. It's entirely possible it looks fine and the black dots all over it are just a result of compressing it into a thumbnail. Hard to say.

All I can really tell from these thumbnails is that you're still using the side-scrolly style of maps, which is interesting and I approve of.

Yeah plz post full size
NOACCEPTANCE772
OK, ok..I am removing the pattern. lol
And for all of ya, this is what I meant when I gone "oh shit"..
I did not know they will be thumbnails. The stupid site I posted them on done this by itself. I will post them all here with some new shots:
11/26/2013 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKCoDJviydo

hey, I've been spending the last couple weeks making a prolouge to my game "momquest: the legendary adventure". Any feedback, like of the mapping or eventing/writing would be welcome... Maybe this is the wrong place for this but I didn't want to make a page and put up a game yet if I'm not going to continue it too far... I try to make the dialog silly... basically is it something you would want to play based on what you see?

Thanks for your input!

Bwoltz
@noacceptance
I like the tiles alot but my comment on the window stands.
here are some suggestions of things I think would look better than that:

- a plain blue window
- a plain black window
- something with a nice gradiant maybe, or some other non-busy background
- anything other than what you have now.

P.S. do we really need the text message in that screen of the computer though?
I mean, its pretty obvious the security is off..
It would be sweet if all text actually appeared on the computer if theres more.
Dookie, thank you once again for the amazing graphics. With Unearthed and Mother 4 allegedly on their way to completion, I'm happy to see you productive again as well. Keep making those amazing maps! Also, I second the question as to what engine you're using. Earthbound graphics are famously wonky, and I have lots of half completed XP and VXace tilesets lying around.

If you check my post on page 12, http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/8095/?p=12#posts. I live in Socal, and I was inspired primarily by towns like Valencia and Norco, and places like that, so it's not quite Southern in character but probably a similar idea. My map was composed of mostly minor edits though, as opposed to your mind-bending new assets and infinite tile-fu.
@nemo

Thanks! It's been a long off and on process over the last few years but I'm starting to compile a lot of sweet maps. The story and engine are coming along as well.

Rpgmaker2003, but don't let that dissuade you. I'm not using any default rm2k systems.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I love those screens NA!
NOACCEPTANCE, I'm really liking your style! Trees looks especially nice and the perspective is a bit different from the usual stuff we see here.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Parallax mapping a town! Trying to figure out how to do the houses took a lot of trial and error.