THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

So I added the extra stuff, beside the vehicles. I feel like they are sorta a bit too random and unfocused at times. Maybe I went a bit overboard?

author=Doctor House
On the road on the right side of the map, make sure one of those square intersection zones lines up with the small road leading through the buildings.

Er, I tried that. It didn't look quite as well.

Thanks for helping me out with the layout, doctor. :D
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Looks amazing to me, Mr. D!

I'd like to see it with cars, but it filled out nicely. (That's what she said)
I still think it needs to be tighter, and Locke, I dont mean necessarily more congested, I mean less wasted space.

Heres my crack at a quick mspaint edit. A lot of the changes are subtle, but I think it looks better.

Yeah, when it comes to a big city you want your layout to make sense. Though I think the Hospital needs that car park in front or at least around them. If not for the doctors or ambulances, then definitely for the patients. I've never seen one without a large car park nearby.
Maybe move the Police station on the other side of it's carpark, make that area larger so it becomes a shared spot between them instead.

The back road makes a lot more sense, though.

Putting my pixel art to the test.
@Liberty and Dookie I am taking your suggestion into consideration. Based on the screenshot, you would like me to remove the grass area between the two buildings on the top? I guess that makes sense.

Wonder if Dr. House wants to add anything else? :D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Yuna21:
Excellent trees in the foreground. Very jungly. I like the way you used silhouettes for plants further away. The edges of the mountains are really sharp where they hit the sky though and it looks kind of weird there. It doesn't seem like mountains should be that black - it's not like they're in the shade.

@Mr_Detective:
I definitely agree with two of the things Dookie changed in his edit:
- He made the road leading between the buildings big enough for two lanes.
- He made the sidewalks only be one tile wide.

I do think the parking lot he deleted needs to come back, though. And the grass between the top two buildings isn't very important, it can stay or go, depending on how much space you need.

The trees and plants are really cluttered and haphazard, I think you went overboard. Plus it's just too much variety... the police station isn't going to plant five kinds of trees in their yard. They're going to plant just one kind.

Look up your local police station on google maps and check out their landscaping, you can probably use it for inspiration. Mine has a dogwood tree in the middle of the sidewalk about every ten feet, for a total of eight of them. And there are two types of bushes they use: a grassy type and a larger leafy type. There's a little garden near the street with three of the grassy bushes, and a longer garden up against the building with two more grassy bushes followed by four of the leafy bushes.
Been working on Doggie Dayz (Full) finally. Here's some old areas I've updated:

Nothing too different from the original. I removed the shadows and added some extensions to the area. (The path leading south and the gap in the fence at the north of the town)

Didn't really like the original version, so I got rid of of the paths and just made it straightfoward.
author=LockeZ
@Mr_Detective:
I definitely agree with two of the things Dookie changed in his edit:
- He made the road leading between the buildings big enough for two lanes.
- He made the sidewalks only be one tile wide.

I do think the parking lot he deleted needs to come back, though. And the grass between the top two buildings isn't very important, it can stay or go, depending on how much space you need.

The trees and plants are really cluttered and haphazard, I think you went overboard. Plus it's just too much variety... the police station isn't going to plant five kinds of trees in their yard. They're going to plant just one kind.

So should I go with his new layout, or stick with the current one and fix what he pointed out? I really can't make the sidewalk one tile. That worked for small town, but not when you need to have two NPCs walking opposite direction. :O

By the way, a few weeks ago, I had this question about two kinds of tiles clashing with each other. Someone edited them for me, and this is the result compared to the original one.

Do they still clash? :D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Mr_Detective
I really can't make the sidewalk one tile. That worked for small town, but not when you need to have two NPCs walking opposite direction. :O

I absolutely guarantee you can, and it looks extremely stupid not to. Just don't have two NPCs walking opposite directions down the same sidewalk at the same time; how hard is that?
Hesufo
I am pretty interested in hooking up sometime. Screw me.
author=LockeZ
I absolutely guarantee you can, and it looks extremely stupid not to. Just don't have two NPCs walking opposite directions down the same sidewalk at the same time; how hard is that?

I'd say it's actually OK. Otherwise you couldn't have NPCs at all in the sidewalks without the player having to step into the road to avoid them which, I think you'll agree, defies common sense and is dangerous from a realistic point of view (which is the one you've used for your suggestions too)
LockeZ
Realistically you'd step into the grass. Or squeeze next to them in the space of a single tile, something non-chibi-proportioned humans are capable of doing.

Don't make your sidewalks six feet wide just cause your sprites are fat. It looks dumb, especially with everything else realistically proportioned.

Been messing around with a Tactics style system.
Still not convinced Im going with it, but it looks nice :D
LockeZ
That water is horrific. It looks like an electrified plasma field. Even the side of it looks like that, lolz.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I kinda like the water! Still, if you are worried about it looking too "electric", you could lower the contrast a little and probably be just fine.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Bumping the highlight on the water down a shade or two would probably fix the issue. It and the grass are both REALLY bright. I feel like I'd get eyestrain if I looked at that grass for a long time.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys XD
All joking aside the water is something Im gunna fix. Not sure how yet
It doesnt look so bad moving but I think lowering the contrast would work quite nice(thanks slashphoenix) I also want to animate it(at the moment Im just scrolling the texture)
Anyway my main focus at the moment is making a working battle system(doing pathfinding at this very moment)
author=Bandito
Looks way better IMO...

Then I guess I'll take that tileset. Phew, I thought I'd have to find something else. :P

author=Hesufo
I'd say it's actually OK. Otherwise you couldn't have NPCs at all in the sidewalks without the player having to step into the road to avoid them which, I think you'll agree, defies common sense and is dangerous from a realistic point of view (which is the one you've used for your suggestions too)

author=LockeZ
Realistically you'd step into the grass. Or squeeze next to them in the space of a single tile, something non-chibi-proportioned humans are capable of doing.

I really don't like that. For a city that's supposed to be big, having a one tile sidewalk and limited to just having either an NPC or you walking is really weird. Since we're on the subject, should I let the player step outside the road? There's not going to be a purpose, and I will put in vehicles moving around. Instant death if they crash into the player? :O
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Mr_D, how 'bout using "Through" for the NPCs on those city streets? I'm not sure if players would be able to interact with such NPCs, but it's a thought. Being able to run into vehicles and getting a Game Over because of it sounds kinda lame, though.