THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Yeah Locke, maybe use the reds from the life preserver for the cone, and some of the really light grays to replace the white in the cone stripe.

Glad to hear youve been using more original tiles, looking great.
LockeZ that looks insanely pretty
Love on those detailed textures ♥

me trying out Pyxel:

I really like them. Especially the jar design! However, the shadow might be a bit too strong.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I don't think that is how those fences are meant to be used.

And holy shit what is wrong with those people!? They look like a bald person was wearing a green outfit that showed their shoulders and a low cut v-neck, and then you greenscreened them to delete their entire body except for that part of them.

...okay. not quite, but almost
@JospehSeraph: WOAH. Chotto Mate. Wait a second. Is that the map of saga 1 I spy right there? Ahaha, I grew up on that game.

@LockeZ: I think he is trying to emulate the sprite style of the first Saga game, or Final fantasy legend in the states. XD And yes, all of the monsters looked that strange. I remember the people all having black hair though...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh, that game had a monster race, so it makes a little more sense. They are clearly supposed to be slime monsters with human heads!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
They will probably look more like themselves when given clothes.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I don't know what you're talking about LockeZ they look like humans to me

that wasn't reactionary i just can't see slime people i see human appendages
LockeZ
I mean, I'm teasing him, because he said he's really just trying to learn the engine, not create a good screenshot. But still, the only reason I would even think those were supposed to be human appendages is the fact that there's a head on top of them.

Fortunately it doesn't actually matter. Those are obviously not final, since they're all nude-colored - presumably the clothing will include enough borders/contrast to create some definition.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=LockeZ
Deciding to redo a ton of your graphics is definitely a pretty common cause of vaporware.
Yeap, thats why I decided I'll just forget about making M:R consistent in its style and just go with what I get done. Next game I can plan ahead and make everything fit to a tee.

Like this, for example! (not including Pep and Nola's sprites)

@JosephSeraph: It looks pretty good, just there needs to be a clear divide between what is grass and what is walls, like the dirt elevetaor thing has the idea but the ceiling tiles for the roof look odd.
Pyxel is a graphics editor focused on tile-based images.
Nessiah commented of it on MOG Graphics and I decided to try it out. it ROCKS.

As for the characters -- obviously placeholders and stuff.

this is how it looks in-game, with obviously placeholder sprites. (after being properly treated with a gorgeous pixel art HD plugin ♥ )

(and yeah @fates, that's it! It's kind of a re-imagination of it 8D ♥)

@BizarreMonkey that look pretty fun, dude.
(Double Post, actual post below)
And after all this years I still get confused by quote/confirm/edit button!
author=Dookie
@S_W love the design. Are they like upgrade/different versions or are you redesigning them to be smaller?
Oh um, missed your post. It's a redesign.

author=Neok
I did. I came back recently, like a few weeks back. Using VX Ace now. And speaking of which...
(Fair warning, I'm like Craze now in that I tyrannize everyone and their cats into migrating to VX Ace.)
Sounds great. I just recently got back to spriting myself, mainly because I have a drought of pc games and after a few practices I kinda got into the mood again.

VXACE... yeah, I am still in love with Rm2k3 mainly because I can't really script in VXACE, tried it for a while but it seems more of plugins heaven. Not that it is non customizable, but I guess it's just me unable to understand how to (see below)

Thou may convinced me with these game criteria:
1. A well done sideview battle RPG in ACE. Something a bit more than... that plugin
2. Pixellated look of RM2k3 (but I kinda grew out of it..I think)
3. Err... if ACE script is easily re-customized?

Truth is, I spent a good amount of time (almost 1.5 year I think) "reverse engineering" Rm2k3 Games since GamingWorld/RmNet days. While don't have a complete collection, I am pretty sure I have played/crack open (in Rm2k/rm2k3) about 50+ (or even more) games/demos/vaporwares reading the coding (sometimes wondering for hour or so scrutinizing the coding - including your game. So much coding if I recall correctly). Add forum lurking and questioning and I think I get the gist of Rm2k3 (mostly, I am no veteran yet)

Now, I have always like the old SNES side view battle thing, so it was pretty fun to do. ACE though, I haven't really played anything (arguably I don't like XP too because of the charsets) and honestly I haven't seen something I like and want to dissect (shit, typing this makes me feel so elitistelitistelitist. Sorry) . In XP I think the demo game (mechs) was nice, and for ACE I think the last game I played was.... Altima (name?). It was fun but both are pretty basic regardless.

So yeah, make something cool, I'll probably ask for the open code edition, dissect it, and reverse engineer it. Probably!

(then never got to finishing my game because I upgraded it to ACE, except now I can blame you!)

author=LockeZ
Deciding to redo a ton of your graphics is definitely a pretty common cause of vaporware.
Thanks, Captain Obvious!
But hello, I remember your game... it had... laser shark I think.
unity
You're magical to me.
Sounds like I need to give this "Pyxel" a try :D
It's great! Go ahead and try! They have a paid version too, I'd advise you to buy it for it seemingly has much more features. ~
I really fell in love with it. ♥
BizarreMonkey
author=JosephSeraph
@BizarreMonkey that look pretty fun, dude.
Ahahaha, it's just an old walk around thing from way back in my MSPA days.

On a note of what I've been doing... NOT MUCH! been too busy playing Skyrim and games that are less shitty.

But I did do this, whatever... this is!
Haven't posted here much, but here's a couple of (early) screens from a project I've been chipping away at.

I had started making this Dragon Quest-inspired graphics set for another project, but that project never made it far past the concept stages. I decided to salvage it and expand on it.

I'm looking to make the game semi-linear in nature, with a Mega Man sort of thing where the game is split into stages that can be tackled in any order.

Feedback on how the overall style looks would be greatly appreciated!
It looks odd with the resolution of the character and the world map sprites being different. I'd change that.
BizarreMonkey
So hey I did a thing, actually related to M:R this time.

The song is by my composer Money Menace, it's not the final version, but I wanted to upload it so my friend could see how awesome he was on accident by having his song near-perfectly line up with a cutscene while composing a character theme.

The smaller they are, the worse the animation becomes.
Hmmm. What headache.