THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=kory_toombs
@BizarreMonkey: The NPC moving around during the conversation is odd.
Yeah, probably gonna get rid of him and change the Area you fight Lyza.
author=kory_toombs
Working on a past area. Turned all my stuff black and white.

I have an absurd love for Noir style, and so this shot tickles me greatly.

Here's a video I did for a basic telling of the story, without getting into complexities.

Mad props to Tsuki-Ossan-Ya (Basilmeer) and Kate Holden (FelicitousArtisan) for VA assistance. It is indeed, inspired from the cinematic in Warcraft III, the Frozen Throne.

It is not the trailer. The trailer will be significantly more awesome. I can state this with at least subjective fidelity, since it's almost done, just waiting on a few assets.

Wow, another accidental page topper.

At the end of my game, things start to become more surreal and bizarre. This is the beginning of the transition. As always, my focus is on atmosphere. The atmosphere here is supposed to be somewhat foreboding and uncomfortable, but also strange.

My game is nearing completion. If you're interested in a 10+ hour RPG with tons of side quests, lots of character development, an extremely vivid and well crafted world, and an interesting story, I suggest you subscribe to my game. I've been having trouble generating hype for it. Marketing isn't exactly my strong point - my focus has been on making an excellent, well rounded, interesting game. Here's a link:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3841/

I'm also, of course, looking for feedback. Is the screen tint too dark? Just right?
BizarreMonkey
I love atmospheric forests! I'll probably give that game a look if i can find a chance. The tint looks fine in that still, not omitting details but still atmospheric.

Now, I'm sorry this took so much fuggin longer than i said it would, but the wait is over!
That was delightfully cheesy. Is the tone of the whole game like that?
BizarreMonkey
author=dethmetal
That was delightfully cheesy. Is the tone of the whole game like that?
Yes.

'tis the pinnacle of cheese. From it's tryhard motion picture trailer to it's absurd lack of artistic fidelity.

I may as well make all the party members mice and their planet be a giant cheesewheel, and the myriad is actually just an armada of graters

that would somehow be less cheesy, though

yes i am being eccentrically silly to distract you all from the unfortunate reality i have nothing else to show off

if i had more time before the imminent indenture into academic learning, i'd make the whole game feel like a saturday morning cartoon

that can wait for the next game though, i suppose

Just an inn where the hero lives with her still-living parents who will continue to live through-out the whole game because fuck that cliché, seriously,
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Nightblade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhzdVmYh54Y&list=UUj8RK8fipWatq_1r5NKmFJQI made a thing.

I don't trust that save point and neither should you.
What engine is that, Nightblade? RMVX?
BizarreMonkey
That save point looks pretty ominous and not something you should trust the mouth of, but fine!

Also guys, I was doing a whole bunch of technical shit, but i did finally have some screenshots for new Tier7 weapons and stuff, currently though, here's a Tier 6 one.

I really like the design of it.
Cool and very colorful edits, Lib! You should start working on a RTP game or something! ;D

A little desert map I scrapped together:

I'm just mapping some various areas for a game I'm planning. The name was thrown in rather quickly, mostly for display. However, that name does fit in with the plot/idea I have for this area.

Also, it's supposed to be a little cluttered. The area is actually quite a lively place, but a curse has struck the area and turned the beautiful nature into dead lands(there used to be palm trees n' such there). Unfortunately, the poor townspeople and their town have been affected by the curse as well. Those blue flames are actually supposed to be former NPCs of the town nearby.

Sorry for ranting a little about its plot/background. I figured I wanted to explain some things and set the right mood for you as well ;)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That's some pretty solid RTP mapping. Feel like helping with a community game called Wyrm Warriors?
Thanks. Sure, I guess I could assist in with a map or two(if that's what you guys are looking for). I don't know much about it though, so I'll check it out a bit!
This is from the game I've been working on. It's far too preliminary for me to show off anything more than screenshots at the moment, but I figure that since I joined this place, I'd might as well show off something.

Trees seem a bit out of place, with the map and with each other....

maybe one of those could be tweaked to work with the map but they all seem to be pretty different
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I can tell the graphic style of the trees doesn't match that of the flowers and grass, but I'm too much of a noob to be able to tell why without copying it into an image editor and zooming in to 16x zoom, and I'm too lazy to do that.

Otherwise it looks good. The vibrancy of the colors seems to work well, everything is really bright and colorful, except for maybe the 2x2 tile bushes. The actual layout/composition of where you put stuff on the map is really good.

Looking to improve my mapping.
LockeZ
I don't think you're doing those rooftops right, like, at all.

Otherwise it seems fine. Some bushes might be nice.
Thanks. I think it's mainly the back of the rooftops.
Post the tileset and I'll see if I can show you how to use the roof tiles properly.