THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I haven't been able to do anything game related on my free time for whatever reasons, but we had a brief course on flash, animation, etc. in school and I had a couple of days time to make a small game.

this is the result:

unfortunately I'm studying to become a graphic designer, so coding isn't my forte. Thus the results are very brief and buggy. If anyone wants to try it out you can download it here. It only has 3 screens and barely any interaction.

sailerius: did you make that 3D stuff? looks awesome!! What kind of game is this?
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year

is this a bit too dark? i feel like the darker sections might be indistinguishable on other screens.

also i have brilliant gam nam skillz
I can see fairly well what's going on

I like the vibe you got. Somewhere between Final Fantasy 6,7 and 8.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=0range00
sailerius: did you make that 3D stuff? looks awesome!! What kind of game is this?
It's still very much s work in progress (the materials are placeholders until the whole map is done). And it's an RPG.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=obsorber
BOTH - SKYRISE

Check it out here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/6875/

Finally, a game which does not use Chibi-style sprites!

An Orc Camp just outside the main city at the break of dawn.

The main character's room in the castle.

A hallway within the castle.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The orc camp needs more spikes.
author=LockeZ
The orc camp needs more spikes.

Haha if you can elaborate I'll look into it. For reference they are supposed to have set up camp within the past like 3 hours, it's not anything permanent.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking anything major, just some small fences, and maybe a pair of horns stuck on top of the tents. And the four tentposts at the corners of the tents should totally be spikes.

bad example
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

Trying to keep my writing tone consistent is harder than it should be with this project.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Awesome stuff, Momeka! Love the grungy walls
Hi to all!!!

I submitted a game and got rejected. The reason is that the maps look empty (?) I don't know if that is a reason (the facts say that probably yes), So I was redirected here for feedback.

I think some maps look empty because the locations are somehow big. I'll put the most "void" maps here and I would appreciate any feedback from you.

Thank you very much!

kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
@Treason89 I'm going to be very honest to help out, so sorry if it sounds harsh. :|

I think your maps are alright, however, slightly 'void' of color and nature comes to my mind almost immediately. I would start by adding some form of foliage - i.e. small flowers, some pebbles, maybe some tall grass (tileset B type of tall grass I mean) and maybe even some kind of animal life wondering around out there. As it stands, it just looks like large, open empty fields with a LOT of bushes.

Look at this example to help you out, bear in mind this image is -very- old and seems a little over-crowded to me now that I look at it, but it's a really fine line between over-crowded and void-feeling. But it's at least a good example of things you might want to include in your open maps and such.

LockeZ
SPILL BLOOD IN THE NAME OF VAGZILLA, GOD OF LIFE

2nd screenshot: utterly devoid of content. Sometimes you just have bits of the game where everything worth looking at is just off the side of the screen. that's fine occasionally, but don't take a screenshot of it.

3rd screenshot: Learn how to use the underwater tiles properly.
NOACCEPTANCE772
So due to the wonderful, WONDERFUL news of the return of one of my most favourite shows in the entire world, ❤❤❤TWIN PEAKS❤❤❤, I decided to work on a new project.
As long as I have the spark for this project. lol
Basically, it will be almost the same as David Lynch's works (Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet).
Except for, in this game, the investigation into the murder the protagonist is investigating is a part of a TV show itself! The show is called "Who killed Jeanne Angel?".
Already made some of the main cast:
MAIN CHARACTER (YOU):

MAIN CHARACTER: GOD

MAIN CHARACTER: Mystery Man(The man of "her" dreams)

MAIN CHARACTER:Lorraine (MAIDEN OF EVIL)

Your TEAMMATES:
(There is something particular about their names) ;)

LockeZ
I didn't expect God to have such nappy hair.
NOACCEPTANCE772
author=LockeZ
I didn't expect God to have such nappy hair.

LOL
Starting to add new weapons to Mannux, first up is a new particle beam:

An upgrade to this will give it three beams at once. Fancier effects will be coming, but just so everyone knows that you'll have more than a pea shooter in this game.