THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Why not just use those tiles in VXA, though?

Anyway:

Trying to actually wrap up to some sort of climax in time for Raise the Deadline!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
What's with that indeed? I'm certainly intrigued.
Can you use RMXP tiles in RMVX Ace? I haven't used RMVX yet, and so far I can't understand why people use it. I want to do my next game in RMXP, but it seems like RMVX is more popular for reasons I don't understand.
LouisCyphre
You can use entire RMXP tilesets in RMVX ace. No one uses vanilla VX.
Probably a combination of framerate (30fps tops vs 60fps), messages being better (3 lines to 4, with faces automatically included), battle system layout (I personally hate the XP one a lot), certain features that were removed from XP and the default RTP not being ugly as sin. I mean, sure, the Ace RTP ain't the best but it's a far sight better than XPs.

(For the record, 2k/3 RTP are both better.)

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

Really? I like the RMXP RTP a lot more. The only thing I would change about the tilesets is the color palette; it's a bit too washed out for my taste.

I guess the battlers are kind of ugly too, but that's not terribly important.

Your screenshots look good btw. Why's the tint so green in the second one?
I was experimenting with how dark I could tint before it gets too dark for the walls. Green for the green. XD
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The walls are too dark even in the untinted screenshot.

Also, the XP RTP is the only good RTP. It makes all the others look like trash.
RM4's rtp is the best rtp :v
gosh they should release it for rmvxa!
...And I should try resuming work on RM2KHD
Max McGee
author=LockeZ
The walls are too dark even in the untinted screenshot.

Just for some more data, I'm gonna go ahead and strongly disagree with that. Different people gots different monitors, though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean, I can see the walls fine, it's not a monitor thing. What I mean is that the bottom and right edges of the walls (and to a much lesser extent, the left edge) are much darker than the rest of the screenshot, and cause the walls to look very odd next to the other tiles.

Testing stuff for a project codenamed 'Red'.
Lookin pretty neat.. here's a small comment on the 2nd screen.

Im having a problem with how the trees sit inside the squares. They need to be moved up, so the trunk is in the center of the square of grass.

Also try rounding out the base of the trunk of the smaller trees (in both screens its way too flat.)
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Holycrap Yuna those are lookin' nice. I agree with dookie, trees need a bit of placement correction, but other than that it looks great.

Began working on Perseverance a little. Sorry I ain't got more to show, I've done next to nothing these past 12 days.
Max McGee
yuna21, nice maps, what tiles are those? be they... custom?

messing around with using character busts during cutscenes

I tried some new face set. Advice is appreciated.

I also made a different version. What do you think?

Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
@yuna21: Those are beatiful! I've nothing else to say, congrats.
@BiZZAREmONKEY: I like the dark style a lot, your project looks bery interesting!
@MISTERBIGT: That battle system looks incredible. I love the animations, all of them: the boss animation, even the HUD animation when you take a hit. It's great.
@Max MacGee: I find the orange and blue contrast interesting; it definitely gives the idea of a sunset. The character busts during conversations are nice, and the size is perfect, I don't think I would make them smaller.

Now it's my turn, here's another picture of the inside of the mansion. This is the main living room:
LouisCyphre
@Max: I'd recommend elevating the portraits to that their bottom edges are flush with the top edge of the message box; I'd also reverse the picture numbers of the PCs' portraits, so that the rearmost PC is displayed overlapping the one in front of them, etc. They currently resemble a conga line.
author=Itaju
I tried some new face set. Advice is appreciated.

I also made a different version. What do you think?

You overuse dithering to the point where everything looks flat and jagged. The bottom left of the boy's chin has too many shades too close together in too uniform fashion.

*Edit* Though thinking on it a bit, I suppose it can be a stylistic choice. The first one is more consistent in that regard, though there are still too many shades on the chin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwUTV9CttM&feature=youtu.be

I made another dumb thing.

Here's Oz without the tint: