THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=Itaju
I tried some new face set. Advice is appreciated.

I also made a different version. What do you think?

In my opinion, both look alright, really.

I hate the quality loss associated with 8-bit...
The original image looks waaay better, kinda like the "Sexy Wild Waterslide babes sprites".
These (obviously not by me):

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
the screenshot thread, now with 8000% more tatas
author=Itaju
I tried some new face set. Advice is appreciated.

I also made a different version. What do you think?

laaaaaarge critique lol. I hope it helps lelelell >.<'

Itaju! Looks gorgeous as usual, though since you asked for feedback I'll try my best to help! I think the main issue here might be a lack of depth perception. Structurally, the piece seems indeed rather flat and doesn't invoke a sense of depth, something which you probably didn't take into account when you were spriting. It could just be a stylistic choice, since many illustrators go that way, but you might want to delve a bit deeper on that, perhaps on a little anatomy too. "Carving" a little more your portraits, instead of just polishing them. (By the way, you're great at that. Such a great style!)
The second issue I see here is an apparent lack of contrasts, in palette and in the shading itself. Though I think the colors you picked are actually great for the vibe you're going for, you may want to be a little more careful on how soft your shading is! Pixel art, as someone as prolific in it like you probably knows (i really like your work ohmgoud) is all about wise contrast and pixel placement. Creating contrast between colors is a bit hard when you use such high ammounts of dithering (which is great. I like the effect.) but absolutely possible. Try to put contrasting colors closer to eachother when detailing small stuff. It will help! Also, your angles and lines! They are a bit too curvy, leading to an overall wobbly appearance. That's something I'd recommend looking into as well. But all in all, it's a great sprite.

Here, I applied some of the concepts I just mentioned here for you to see.

I only really worked on the face and a bit on the neck. Notice how I unsmoothed the curve of the chin, which allows the sprite to have some more sense of depth, and also how I added slightly stronger highlights and shadows to the overall features of the face. I hope this helps. ;w; <3

Keep up the awesome work!

EDIT: Also, my version looks real girly. I changed a lot of his features. That's not exactly good as my version is probably out of character now xD but I hope it helps you, regardless

Edit: Also, @noacepptance772, it depends on the optimization method you use for the sprite. If you build a palette for the finished sprite beforehand this won't happen.
Anyway, if you wanna go 8-bit might as well do pixel art
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I finally did some shit today, so here is me, showing you that shit, as such.

Looking at this, I can see the appeal to making this games art coherent.
Thank you, JosephSeraph, a lot! I will keep some of your changes (like the chin, eyes, nose, etc.) for later version of this charsets or other faces. But they might go too far as for now.

I will not change the palette, as it is closely connected to the charset. But the Palette itself can be changed later easily. You will see when it's done.

I try to go much more into detail with the hair. First I was hesitating a bit, because I was not sure if I can do it the way I want, but now I think it looks much clearer as "hair".

BizarreMonkey
That hair looks brilliant now, I saw you took the advice on banding really well.

Also i just shrunk down the full character images...

Oh god I may as well just make the whole fucking game like this...

Whatta you fellas think? The movement looks like it's straight out of sodding... an old roguelike but... IT'S CONSISTENT!

Soo deliciously consistent...

LockeZ, and others... feel free to tell me if you approve. (If so, that skeleton will be updated to match the new style. As will the whole game!)

Edit: Project ShittyMSpaintStorm continues...
Max McGee
@BizarreMonkey: Actually those MSPaint grafix look kind of cool. That monster looks a bit like a giant sperm though.
BizarreMonkey
author=Max McGee
@BizarreMonkey: Actually those MSPaint grafix look kind of cool. That monster looks a bit like a giant sperm though.
Lol, woops! So it does... I'll have more examples soon!
bizarre, round the bottom of the smaller tree trunk
BizarreMonkey
author=Dookie
bizarre, round the bottom of the smaller tree trunk
Consider it on the to-do list!

I updated the Gerald and Spooky sprites to be more accurate in size compared to Fatty and Fyori.
bizarre,

in the battle shot you might want to adjust the saturation of the dark purple in the slime, or add an inbetween color in there as well. Its a bit too contrasty at the moment, the way its shaded.

also, in the screen before, theres no reason not to fix the cliffs with the brown edges at the top. you can keep the brown on the side for tiling but replace those top ones with green versions.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@BizarreMonkey: I like the consistency of using the taller, flat-colored custom sprites as the battlers. My only gripe is that Gerald looks like he's facing 90 degrees away from the enemy. He's seriously facing straight down toward the screen.

I mean, my other gripe is that I think your art style is obnoxious, but that's not something that's gonna get changed, and keeping it consistent is more important than improving it.

@Itaju: The hair looks really good now, I didn't like it very much before. If you want him to look older than 11 years old, you should probably make his face a little less round by adding some cheekbone shading.
BizarreMonkey
author=LockeZ
@BizarreMonkey: I like the consistency of using the taller, flat-colored custom sprites as the battlers. My only gripe is that Gerald looks like he's facing 90 degrees away from the enemy. He's seriously facing straight down toward the screen.
Ahahaha yeah I'm gonna make a new 3/4 angle image for him don't worry.

author=LockeZ
I mean, my other gripe is that I think your art style is obnoxious, but that's not something that's gonna get changed, and keeping it consistent is more important than improving it.
Lol, I've been improving it all year, but for a game of this size and the amount of time that remains, it's best I just downgrade to mspainty celshading.

@Dookie: Thanks again, adding on the todo list. (E: Done) Not sure exactly what you mean by the cliff edge browning, but I assume you mean make the corners less obnoxiously square on the upper autotiles. If that's what you mean, I'll fix it right now.

There I fixed it.

Also yee I made some Obelisks. (Top right.)
@BizarreMonkey: I dig that style :D keep it up

dem inside tile set
Max McGee
Why would that surface hold footprints? It doesn't look soft enough to.
It's been a very long time since I posted anything in a screenshot topic! For those of you who didn't see the update:

Kaempfer:

Love it. Really good. Consider graying out the panorama the slightest bit though, (specifically the green tones) so it sinks into the BG more, maybe add a touch of blue as thats what happens when objects look farther away.

Looking great.

Itaju: I think everyone must be speechless from that interior. You are truly a master of tilesets. Blown away.
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
Here's a room of the mansion, in the actual 320x240 size. I simply had to make an option to toggle ON/OFF the HUD. I think it's more convinient for the player and for the game itself.

Unless your character is somehow shrinked to 1/10th of his normal size, everything in that house is huge. Also character doesn't match with the rest in style.