THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
author=Blindmind
I've said this on your gamepage as well, but I ADORE what your artist is doing with the backdrops. ;D They provide such a painterly aesthetic to the project, yet still adhering to the grid structure of Rm2k3. We really haven't seen this level of detail in original background design for quite a while. My only complaint is the character sprite - which naturally stands out a tad. But I think it's more an issue of contrast and lightness than his size. Perhaps if he were darkened (and shaded more thoroughly), it wouldn't seem as jarring.

Thank you! I am comitted into bringing the best game experience I can, even if it's for 2k3. "Back then" I knew the technique was possible (Sunset Over Imdahl, The Way, and maybe Wilfred the Hero, I haven't played it), but I always wanted to bring my own interpretation of it.

I agree, I think the character "shines" a lot, I noticed that before. But I am not sure on how to fix it, manually shading every character set would require tremendous work. But I'll give it a try.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Love how your maps are presented Blindmind! It's quite a cool feeling and atmosphere you got going there.

Here's something hideously epic.

Christ, I deserve some sort of award for making something this unconditionally ugly but also uplifting.
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
That's hideously epic, indeed. :D

Also? sooon~ Soooooooon. Muahahahaha~ :DDD
@Liberty: The tint on that map is really nice, but I think it might be making the bottoms of the walls turn out too dark.

In space nobody can hear you be confused.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

I dunno, Mrs. Dragoness, I kind of like it better out here. You know, where I won't be digested.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
It was polite of the dragon to start off with asking nicely.

Ive been currently working on lowering the Creation times for the terrains.
At the moment I have a slight jerk when a new chunk is created(about 200-300 milliseconds) I don't think I can remove it entirely but Im hoping to get it down to about 100 milliseconds
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

1300 283 lines of code for some lousy enemy taglines and some lousy Roman numerals!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Pizza
@Liberty: The tint on that map is really nice, but I think it might be making the bottoms of the walls turn out too dark.

<image>

In space nobody can hear you be confused.

What's this for? I'm super hyped.
author=CashmereCat
What's this for? I'm super hyped.

It's for a project which has been giving me completely unreasonable amounts of trouble as of late. Here's another screen, a tileset I put together today:

Hopefully I'll have it in presentable order soon enough, and then I can retool the gamepage and make it public again.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Absolutely stunning, Pizza! I really love the concept of the buildings being screwed down. Guessing because it's in space or some sort of void?
author=InfectionFiles
Absolutely stunning, Pizza! I really love the concept of the buildings being screwed down. Guessing because it's in space or some sort of void?

Nah, I just thought the screwed down buildings looked nice from a design point of view, is all. I could use that as an excuse though! Nothing in this project is really supposed to make enough logical sense to have to think about that sort of thing.
I'm making a Sci-Fi game with this at most haha
Pizza- I like it a lot. I would lower the brightness of the houses a tad though, but still seem a bit intense compared to the surroundings, which makes them appear to "hover" above the ground a bit.

How's this? Too dark? I also changed the shadows of the trees to a dark blue tone, since the grey was getting on my nerves.
whoa @Pizza that's... Stunning. Really really amazing ;w;
Extremely lovely style, I'm dazzled. I'd so beat the hell out of that game! omg ;-;
I think thats great, Pizza.

The color appropriate tree shadow was another needed fix. Good job.
I don't mean to completely take over this topic, but I've been actually working on gams for once in my life recently.

Also, the gamepage is finally up and running again. Feels good to have that mess sorted out.