THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Yep that second screenshot is much better pizza. very nice graphical style
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

Finally able to display sidequest rewards!

Now I need to figure out a better way to separate them than "ugly gradient" okay better
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
looking good with that UI. I think I'd nominate Essence Enforcer for best UI Misao. It's really good.

What does it mean? Few know, I guess.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Cashmere, that's from Account Mu, right? I'm curious, why haven't you submitted that game to RMN yet?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@NeverSilent Partly because I don't want to create a gamepage until I feel like the game justifies one. Right now I don't feel like it has enough content to justify its being hosted. I'd like to host it when it has at least 30 minutes - 1hr of gameplay. Enough to fully explore the non-linearity of the game, because right now it is very linear, but the interestingness of the concept relies on its non-linearity. But, judging by the progress I'm making on the game, the demo will be up within the year.
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist

This is a revised version of the library, the previous one was way too dark. Let me know your thoughts!

It feels nice once you get a hold of your game's visuals. Especially if you're like me and can't concentrate on anything else until they're in good shape.
@Pulits, I think the sprite looks a little too bright against the murky background. Maybe adjust the tone of the sprite's colours so they're not as stark...? (Or alternatively brighten the background again.)

And Pizza, I'm liking the oppressive, gloomy atmosphere I'm getting from all these screenshots.
@Pizza I find this game very intriguing.
Just subscribed ;)
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Oh hey, I only just realized that there's a subscribe button at the bottom of each thread!

Derp! I am the slow.

Alright, this fight is complete and the lore for Organization XIIICorporation XVI is getting underway.

I recently found a local chap who said he'd be interested in helping out with backgrounds. I've looked at his stuff, and it's clear he ain't any sort of amateur here.

That's not any work he's done for me, just a sample of something of his.

If he does the Pi Dimension, we're golden. He specializes in 3d renderings for a 2D plane, think Abe's Oddysey or Diablo II.

He's already impressive at it, just thinking about the potential him and I could have together is absurd.

Galaxia: Total Coverage isn't just a fantasy project anymore.

Finally started on some sci-fi dungeon tiles.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Wow yuna, very nice!
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist

The statue in this map is based on a real family statue, I think it looks great.
@Pulits

I like it; but is there a reason why the top appears to be cut off? Just curious.

After some haitus, I'm converting all my REFMAP resources from RPG Maker 2003 to VX Ace to work on my project again. It's going okay for now but I'm thinking of doing some parallaxing once I convert 'em.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Pulits: If the top of the statue's head is broken, the camera should be able to see the flat top of it, the same way you'd be able to see the flat top of a barrel. Currently the angle makes no sense.

Also, the edges of both the statue and the vines have artifacts around them, from incorrectly making the background transparent. You can see there are lighter pixels beyond the edges of the objects. It looks jpeggy and awful.

@Essenceblade: I hate the colors in that image so much. It's blinding and clashes with itself so badly. The blue and the teal and the red and the pink and the brown and the gray and the yellow and the green. You just have no idea what color scheme you're going for and the result is a mess.

There also appears to be a flame hovering in outer space to the right of the tree stump? The whole land mass is obviously hovering in the air also so I'm sure the floating flame is intended, but it looks awkward. I would put a torch standing on a tiny piece of ground that's floating out there instead. Having the ground be the only thing that defies gravity will create better thematic consistency.

Also, there shouldn't be rain. It is impossible for there to be rain in this scene because the clouds are below the land. You can see them!
author=LockeZ
Also, there shouldn't be rain. It is impossible for there to be rain in this scene because the clouds are below the land. You can see them!

XD
author=LockeZ
@Essenceblade: I hate the colors in that image so much. It's blinding and clashes with itself so badly. The blue and the teal and the red and the pink and the brown and the gray and the yellow and the green. You just have no idea what color scheme you're going for and the result is a mess.

There also appears to be a flame hovering in outer space to the right of the tree stump? The whole land mass is obviously hovering in the air also so I'm sure the floating flame is intended, but it looks awkward. I would put a torch standing on a tiny piece of ground that's floating out there instead. Having the ground be the only thing that defies gravity will create better thematic consistency.

I see what you mean about the colour scheme, but since I made the tileset of multiple segments of multiple maps I guess I couldn't avoid the colour clashing. Part of the clashing (grey earth) was intended though. I should tone down the blue aswell, and fix the plants, really.

Also I forgot to turn the cloud overlay script on, but it's set amongst the clouds, not over.
author=LockeZ
Agreed. That whole scene is a visual mess! I've enjoyed a quite a number of classic 2K3 REFMAP games, but I've always felt the shading on the tiles themselves was a bit on the grainy side. You seem to have exasperated the problem even further with the recoloring.

And also, yeah, the cliff tiles. While I loved Ara Fell and the "floating isle" aesthetic, make sure you keep it consistent with the rest of your maps! If you're going to pay homage to the Rm2k3 graphic style - why not use VX to your advantage and tweak the tiles for greater color depth? Or at the very least, keep the palette more consistent.
author=Blindmind
author=LockeZ
Agreed. That whole scene is a visual mess! I've enjoyed a quite a number of classic 2K3 REFMAP games, but I've always felt the shading on the tiles themselves was a bit on the grainy side. You seem to have exasperated the problem even further with the recoloring.

And also, yeah, the cliff tiles. While I loved Ara Fell and the "floating isle" aesthetic, make sure you keep it consistent with the rest of your maps! If you're going to pay homage to the Rm2k3 graphic style - why not use VX to your advantage and tweak the tiles for greater color depth? Or at the very least, keep the palette more consistent.

My entire world is set in mid air, so I'll definitely keep it consistent.
I will probably edit them for greater depth once I begin to completely parallax my maps in photoshop. The problem is I don't know how to go about tweaking the tiles for greater depth, really.

not exactly screenshots per se, but... Now I have to figure out how to give this interesting passabilities, and make characters that move fluidly in these locales! I'll obviously need a pixel movement script.