EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN

I think that although there have been a few jokes in this topic, the bulk of this topic has been pretty good and now has two very good resources for people to use to help with this tragedy. Geodude was kind enough to post the friend finder for Hostilefun and anyone else who needs it, and now Jericho has the Redcross Text message service which is really fantastic and I hope a lot of people take advantage of that. $10 dollars isn't really that much money, (A little over an hour of work for those of us at minimum wage) but combined with enough other $10 could really make a big difference. I would encourage everyone who can to donate.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
author=Hoddmimir
I think that although there have been a few jokes in this topic, the bulk of this topic has been pretty good and now has two very good resources for people to use to help with this tragedy. Geodude was kind enough to post the friend finder for Hostilefun and anyone else who needs it, and now Jericho has the Redcross Text message service which is really fantastic and I hope a lot of people take advantage of that. $10 dollars isn't really that much money, (A little over an hour of work for those of us at minimum wage) but combined with enough other $10 could really make a big difference. I would encourage everyone who can to donate.

My parents probebly will donate.
author=Jericho
text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation right now~~

I'd be careful... I would rather donate directly to the Japanese people, or a Japanese agency, not Western American ones. (Who are spending millions already setting up relief centers in California and Oregon due to 4-8 foot waves). Yeah, pathetic, I know.

American companies just want too make bank and I think our donations are better spent going to the correct people.

That is, if the Japanese agencies are still operational. Don't be so quick to trust the red cross.
They just announced that one of the reactors may be melting down as we speak. The sad thing is, once this is through, the earthquake may be treated as a mere side note...
Thanks for the link, but I have not found any trace of my friends on there...
I'm really thankful that all my friends were alright...granted they were all in Tokyo/Kanto area so they were just stranded at stations or school, and could use their cell phones to communicate, but it's not fun for anyone in the tohoku area...

author=Jericho
text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation right now~~

i feel like a douche for thinking "damn it i just donated hella without realizing they had a special page set up for japan" ...I guess all the money goes to a good cause anyway...

author=Radnen
Don't be so quick to trust the red cross.

Don't be so quick to trust Radnen.

...But he brings up a good point in that you should not let people take advantage of your generosity.
Japan's earthquake: How to avoid charity scams

There are many Japanese companies also organizing charity funds. Yahooo, mixi, nifty, and yes, Groupon too.

Please do what you can to support those who are legitimately trying to help. There is much work to be done, and this is a critical time.

EDIT: Hostilefun, did you try sending them mail on their phone?
Already tried that, but all I got was static. I am really concerned, but all I can do is wait.
Static? Hmm...I meant sending an email to their 携帯メールアドレス...they will get it eventually, regardless of service outages or dead batteries.
Anyway, I hope they are safe.
Ah that, sorry I misunderstood. Misao and her family, that is my friends don't use cell phones, so I called them directly. I have understanding errors when I get worried.
red cross has a history of not being dicks sorry.
author=Hostilefun
my friends don't use cell phones

!!!!!
Wow. A rare type of people these days...
I wish you luck in contacting them, then.
Hopefully someone will register them on the person finder, or communications will be restored soon.

author=Jericho
red cross has a history of not being dicks sorry.

Yeah this...Radnen, if you have a problem with the American Red Cross, donate to the Japan Red Cross. Their site seems to be overloaded with traffic atm though...
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Hostilefun
Misaoand her family

off topic, i feel the need to direct everyone's attention to this incredible name.
you need to win her bro

slightly on topic:

compare and contrast
woah!!! hideo is okay! can i get that ten bucks back red cross
author=Jericho
woah!!! hideo is okay! can i get that ten bucks back red cross

no worries bro they applied it to your preorder of mgs: rising

hope u like raiden
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
There was some people sayin that Shiggy died in the quake. But were pretty sure its false. Mainly becuase his wife apparently said he's fine.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I hope all the great composers are okay. :(
author=Rei-
I hope all the great composers are okay. :(

Composers don't shouldn't get special treatment. Their life isn't worth any more than another's
Happy
Devil's in the details
Well, I still hope they're okay, just as anyone would hope their relatives or friends are.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
I hope canuck is ok.
author=Ark
I hope canuck is ok.
This.

Also, people need to stop making jokes about this.