MAFIA...IN SPACE

Pages: first prev 12345 last
you guys were terrible

policenauts is great

peace out y'all
author=Space_Monkey

this is actually what they looked like. this is canon.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
author=Koff
then again, i take ark as a sharper player than rabitz was.

man I need to clear my honor in the next mafia game hahaha
hahahaha god dammit space monkey i knew it but i didn't want to believe it. very well done, sir, it's about time we saw the mafia doing a good job of blending in.

i was so confident about ark, i was actually pretty surprised to see that we lost. more surprised than i should have been, given the unfavorable odds. i apologize for my hand in (mis)leading the village to its demise, hopefully next game our bodyguard lives past night 1! (yeah i am still kinda miffed about that)

i liked the idea of the narrated updated posts, but for some reason i didn't pay much attention to them. not entirely sure why. maybe it's because i haven't played policenauts and a lot of the references went over my head, or maybe it's just because the posts were long and i was impatient and just wanted to see who died. i... i confess, i still haven't read the geodude one yet. g-gonna go check it out now to assuage my guilt. :<

author=Jericho
well, this setup, I realize now, is more suited to a chatroom based game as that allows for more scumhunting.

it would be really cool if we organized some kind of real-time mafia on irc sometime. chat room or forum, though, you can count me in for the next round
!!!!
If the set up I made favoured mafia I think this one favoured them even more. Starting with night means a death before any discussion, so effectively it's 2 vs 4 unless the cop survives and gets a useful verdict on that first night in which case it's slightly different.
author=Rhuan
If the set up I made favoured mafia I think this one favoured them even more. Starting with night means a death before any discussion, so effectively it's 2 vs 4 unless the cop survives and gets a useful verdict on that first night in which case it's slightly different.

a daystart with must lynch means two deaths before any meaningful discussion.

this setup is not at all unbalanced without the "tardis factor." a bodyguard can provide a clear on day two if they survive. if the bodyguard dies n1, everyone can provide a cop report. cop's will be real, others will be faked. gives the cop a chance to live to d2 as well as the cop's report if he should die. if a villager dies, cop claims which will require a counterclaim from the mafia. blame "the mad scientist" for killing the cop and scoping out the bodyguard on n1. a combination so good I am sure he used magic.

this came down to scumhunting which is either a. harder on forums due to the fact that people have a lot more time to think about what they say and/or b.something rmn is not so good at.
I was the droid they were looking for.
Pages: first prev 12345 last