MAKE BATTLE ANIMATIONS EASIER

Pages: 1
Dunno if this is the right place for this... this was denied in the tutorial sections because it wasn't suitable... so I dunno, but yeah, I'll post it here.

Well this is really simple. For those who aren't aware, there are 2 things. If you hold down shift while pressing in a direction/dragging your mouse, you can move all the sprites in 1 frame at once.

Now here's what makes things easier... 1 tool, a screen magnifier! I didn't know I had one, but I just found out that I did. I use Windows 7, so it must of came with it. When I'd make animations, I would have to plant my face in the screen to see what I was doing when working with small sprites, but I don't have to do that anymore. :)

Here's a snapshot of what I mean.

It really just looks like a blown up snapshot, but that's how big things looked on my screen. Being able to see more closely like this really helps with perfecting an animation, and its details.

I really love creating battle animations, so yeah, this makes me really happy. :)
I hope this helps you too!
You love creating battleanimations???

*hires FelixFlywheel*

Nice tips!
Ten years of RPG Maker and I didn't know you could hold shift to move BA's around more easily. Thanks for posting this.
In the past I've used screen magnifier so that I can IRC from my bed w/ wireless keyboard. I kinda feel bad considering it's meant to be used by people with difficulty reading.

I wish I found this thread about a week ago when I was moving ever cell in every frame of my battle animations.
Wow, that Shift trick is really something. I've wasted many hours doing precisely what that's made for.
Ha, the shift trick really is cool.

But on the subject of battle animations, is there a tutorial covering them? A comprehensive tutorial on battle animations would be pretty neat, if not downright useful. The auto-complete functions are probably a little confusing to some people.
Battle animation creating is indeed fun as hell, and kudos for this tutorial.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
If you hold down shift while pressing in a direction/dragging your mouse, you can move all the sprites in 1 frame at once.

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
wip leaves and suddenly wacky meme images are okay again?

... what?
Pages: 1