Á““Á«Ã¡Ã‚Ã€BONJOUR, HELLO

Pages: 1
Hi, thanks for clicking on my introduction post. I'm Flaxo (pronounced Flagzo), I'm French speaking and I was born on April 2nd 1990. I think it should be obvious that English is my second language but I'm also learning Japanese, although I can't consider it a third language yet since I'm only just beginning. I'm also a writer, surely not as good as J.K. Rowling but still a real writer. I write both in French and English, usually French first then I translate into English. I'm not a bad programmer as well and game designing is a job I'm really interested in.

I've played around with a demo of RPG Maker 2000 in the past and I plan to buy the full version if I ever find it one day. I'll probably buy RPG Maker 2003 as well and I'll wait for price drops before buying XP and VX. I plan on trying Super Mario Bros. X as well, it seems to be identical to the real SMB games in terms of gameplay mechanics. However, I'm currently experiencing problems with my Windows XP partition on my Intel Macintosh so I won't be able to create anything for a while unfortunately.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Bonjour and welcome to RMN!
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Salut, bienvenue sur RMN!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to create some awesome games once I fix my operating system issues. In the meantime, I can spellcheck and translate French and English texts free of charge!
Bonjour et welcome to RMN! Contribute lots!
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
author=Flaxo
surely not as good as J.K. Rowling

A nice humor sense you got there.

Bienvenue a RMN. J'ai parle francais aussi... mais seulement un peu...
J'ai francais a l'ecole mais je suis tres mal. Mais je comprends la plupart du temps tout. (I hope these phrases are correct...)
Welcome, hey I'm also learning japanese, so far I'm learning Katakana and some vocabulary;
なにかあった? どうしてる? (^_^)
Whats up? Hows everything?

Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Pourquoi ne pas traduire les jeux déjà existants? Tu en aura assez pour t'occuper longtemps.

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Welcome! :D
author=treeghost
I hope these phrases are correct...

Not at all! But at least I can understand you ;).

author=Emanzi
I'm also learning japanese, so far I'm learning Katakana and some vocabulary; なにかあった? どうしてる

That's Hiragana by the way. My skill level of Japanese is still low but I know every kana (hiragana and katakana) by heart and I can formulate multiple simple questions and answers.

author=Creation
Pourquoi ne pas traduire les jeux déjà existants? Tu en aura assez pour t'occuper longtemps.
Translation: Why not translate already existing games? You'll get enough to keep yourself busy for a long time.

I can do that, I'll offer my help in the Help & Requests forum.
author=Flaxo
author=treeghost
I hope these phrases are correct...
Not at all! But at least I can understand you ;).

author=Emanzi
I'm also learning japanese, so far I'm learning Katakana and some vocabulary; なにかあった? どうしてる

That's Hiragana by the way. My skill level of Japanese is still low but I know every kana (hiragana and katakana) by heart and I can formulate multiple simple questions and answers.

author=Creation
Translation: Why not translate already existing games? You'll get enough to keep yourself busy for a long time.

I can do that, I'll offer my help in the Help & Requests forum.

It would be cool if you could translate any really well-known French RPG Maker RPGs from your French community into English (maybe save Aedemphia if it is too daunting for you).

That said, welcome to RMN! ^_^ I myself am translating a famous Japanese RPG into English.
yeah I know its hiragana just threw in the vocabulary I was learning. I said I was learning Katakana just the letters not yet Kanji, sorry for the mix up.

Well since you're so confident why didn't you answer?

author=Emanzi
Well since you're so confident why didn't you answer?

I didn't want to seem confident, I clearly said that my skill level was pretty low. You told me what you learned so far and I simply replied with what I learned as well. Learning Japanese isn't a walk in the park, three of the eight students in my class already gave up after the first session. Even though I'm the best in the class when it comes to knowing every kana (hiragana and katakana characters are named kana, not letters) by heart, I'm generally having the most difficulty learning everything else. It's probably because I've never been very good at taking notes. I think I'll give myself some time to practice and master what I learned so far before continuing to level 2 or I might reach a wall and fall behind for learning at a slower pace.
Oh Its O.K then, I thought you where trying to show off or something, I agree It's not easy to learn a language thats entirely different altogether, sorry If I sounded a bit pissed their, Katakana is used for foreign words so I used Hiragana for Japanese but I was a bit confused when you notified me on something thats obvious to me. It felt like an insult so I apologize.
Well that aside I hope you enjoy RMN, I'm sure you'll be able to learn anything if you just set your mind to it no matter how difficult it seems at first. I also love rpg maker as in future I'm seriously pursuing a career in game development and design ( design preferably ) it seems we have alot in common so hopefully we can set this aside and be friends.

author=Emanzi
Oh Its O.K then, I thought you where trying to show off or something, ... it seems we have alot in common so hopefully we can set this aside and be friends.

Don't worry, I noticed that there was some kind of misunderstanding, there was no need to make a big deal about it.

author=Emanzi
Well that aside I hope you enjoy RMN, I'm sure you'll be able to learn anything if you just set your mind to it no matter how difficult it seems at first.

So far I've been enjoying it. I've seen people generously helping each other and I think that it's very important in video game designing. I myself am offering my translation services here.
Pages: 1