I NEED HELP WITH PICTURES AND SUCH! [2K3 ABS GAM]

Pages: 1

Basically, see that green thing that appeared/disappeared at 7 seconds? Well that was supposed to appear at the position of the enemy (the green dog) event after it was shot.. And it's meant to appear every time that enemy is killed (it respawns a set amount of times) but it only appears once. Despite the same switch being used over and over (each time it's killed).

But I can't see to get it to work.

At the moment I have it like this:

When switch "DOG3DEAD" is ON, show picture at variables "DOG3 X" & "DOG3 Y" (the same variables used by the gun abs I'm using.. which works fine). Turn on switch "fadedeath1" - Next page - Move Picture "THE GREEN THING" - fade to 100% transparency - erase picture.

No,a s far as I know that should work fine and I really don't know what else to try. Does anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: I just managed to get it to reappear.. But i haven't been able to get it to reference the right coordinates from the enemy sprite, still.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Correct me if you have tried this, but have tried a small wait time before going to the 100% fade out of the picture? Maybe give it time to hit the right coordinates?
author=InfectionFiles
Correct me if you have tried this, but have tried a small wait time before going to the 100% fade out of the picture? Maybe give it time to hit the right coordinates?

I don't know if that'll make any difference.. I need it to appear (the very first "show picture" command) directly where the dog was when he died... And then faide out.. But it's not even appearing in the right place to begin with.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Hmm, what about trying to have it all in one page, rather than turning on that switch to go to the fade out?
Not sure it that will mess anything up/flow well, but for some reason I think it isn't working because of the page switch.
author=InfectionFiles
Hmm, what about trying to have it all in one page, rather than turning on that switch to go to the fade out?
Not sure it that will mess anything up/flow well, but for some reason I think it isn't working because of the page switch.

Well I got the repetitions to work (the pic appears & fades out every time I kill the dog) so now it's just a matter of coordinates being wrong. I've had this problem with coordinates before and never understood how RM figures out it's image positioning. I'm pretty sure I need that switch (for reasons I can't fully explain at the minute.. But I think I do :P)
I can't see the code, so I'm not sure how it's set up. But here's a few pointers:
Grid coordinates and picture coordinates are not the same.
Pictures uses pixel-precision(as in 320, 240 in screen resolution). Are you storing the dog's coordinates with screen-relative X/Y or normal X/Y?
Screen-relative stores pixel-precision according to the screen.
author=Zephyr
I can't see the code, so I'm not sure how it's set up. But here's a few pointers:
Grid coordinates and picture coordinates are not the same.
Pictures uses pixel-precision(as in 320, 240 in screen resolution). Are you storing the dog's coordinates with screen-relative X/Y or normal X/Y?
Screen-relative stores pixel-precision according to the screen.

THAT.. Has fixed it :D Thanks a lot.

Edit: Now with video.
Pages: 1