IS THERE ANY REASON WHY MY ART TOPIC WAS CLOSED

Pages: 1
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
treeghost
I would have ad a "good" between "any" and "reason" but this is rmn so there was probably no good reason for closing my topic
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well looking at the topic in the archives, I can't even tell what the thread is even supposed to be about, it's just... a dump of a couple random images? With no questions, no description, nothing to indicate what you're posting, nothing to indicate what the topic of the thread was, and nothing to indicate that you want or expect any sort of response. So my guess would be that's why.
author=LockeZ
Well looking at the topic in the archives, I can't even tell what the thread is even supposed to be about, it's just... a dump of a couple random images? With no questions, no description, nothing to indicate what you're posting, nothing to indicate what the topic of the thread was, and nothing to indicate that you want or expect any sort of response. So my guess would be that's why.

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/8017/
treeghost
The title of the topic means "the art". I posted some of my works. What was I supposed to write?

This?
Hey everyone ^_^. Just thought I'd share a couple of pictures that I'm kind of proud of that I drew recently.
or
Aren't my drawings soo totally kawaii desu ne?!!1

man I'm totaly like edgy and stuff this isn't my stile
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Uh, neither of those are really... discussion topics. Forums are places to talk, not to dump images. If your post doesn't have any reason for anyone else to respond to it, then I can't think of any reason not to lock it.

That's just me though. I'm not a mod.
LockeZ
The art forum is for talking about art.

It's hard to talk about it without showing it first. But talking about it is the end goal.

If you have nothing to say about it, and you are not inviting anyone else to say anything about it, your topic serves no actual purpose.
if that is indeed the goal of the art forum then i would say closing down threads within five hours or whatever is counterintuitive.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Images alone can't generate discussion?

He had a mans head on a caterpillar body, does it really need a caption?
to me, an art thread would be a place to do just that, dump your art.
whether it is bad, good, non-descriptive, etc.
people were talking in his thread, so discussion was generated from his art.

maybe because it wasn't really organized and look more like a skecth pad then an artist trying to display their work. /shrug
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
@Treeghost: I'll look into this and send you the reason through PM.

?
What art thread!?
I saw the link but it was locked so fast...

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Jericho
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/8017/

I can't tell if Jericho is jabbing me here or not. Well looking at the post, I can't even tell what the post is even supposed to be about, it's just... a dump of a random link? With no questions, no description, nothing to indicate what you're posting, nothing to indicate what the topic of the post was, and nothing to indicate that you want or expect any sort of response. So my guess would be that it's a jab because Jericho is a dick and that's how he rolls.

Really, though, I didn't put the images directly on RMN because the pages are too wide for the screen. Unless you enjoy scrolling back and forth horizontally to read them, all you'll see is the left 3/4 of the page. But this is all off-topic anyway.
The topic has been restored to the Creative Corner forum (thanks, Ankylo). Two things to keep in mind:

1) It's ok to write anything in the thread if it's meant to be an art dump. It might be helpful to simply state in the topic title that it is indeed an art thread, however.

2) We have a history with facepalm images, and they have resulted in temp bans in the past. Be careful =)
Pages: 1