WHAT'S UP WITH THE DAMN PROFANITY?

Just replace all curse words with "frak". Dilemma averted.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Tl;dr I'm a good writer but not a good game maker- yet- but I've been known to swear quite profusely... I DO agree that swear words aren't very effective adjectives but they're quite effective interjections. Sometimes the only way to express your feeling is with a good old-fashioned expletive.
And speech in general- as well as, sometimes, swearing- can be used to show changes in mood and behavior. Don't forget that character's public and private faces may be quite different, . Other things can have an effect too:

Prince Leon: Please, Father, I humbly entreat you to let me join the festivities

(Later, much later, at the party:) What the **** do you want? Can't you see I'm talking to a girl here?
Soldier: That's enough ale for you, Your Highness. . .
This is probably why I enjoy modern settings. Cause they're much easier to fucking build. Fuck.
author=BurningTyger
Tl;dr I'm a good writer but not a good game maker- yet- but I've been known to swear quite profusely... I DO agree that swear words aren't very effective adjectives but they're quite effective interjections. Sometimes the only way to express your feeling is with a good old-fashioned expletive.
And speech in general- as well as, sometimes, swearing- can be used to show changes in mood and behavior. Don't forget that character's public and private faces may be quite different, . Other things can have an effect too:

Prince Leon: Please, Father, I humbly entreat you to let me join the festivities

(Later, much later, at the party:) What the **** do you want? Can't you see I'm talking to a girl here?
Soldier: That's enough ale for you, Your Highness. . .

okay but I thought you said you were a good writer.
I still say fuck and shit are the two most important words in the English language. Choosing when and where to use them is all part of the fun.
author=Jericho
okay but I thought you said you were a good writer.

You wrote a lot better in the prior page of this thread. Back when you had something to contribute.
Someone should include Fuckingham Palace as the battle bgm in their game.
DE
*click to edit*
Lords of Light!
BurningTyger
I'm out of practice. B
author=Billwilliams
I still say fuck and shit are the two most important words in the English language. Choosing when and where to use them is all part of the fun.
Exactly. Sometimes it can be the most concise reply to a question- like when your cleric asks how you feel after you've nearly cracked your head open. "Like shit, Sherlock. I just fell off a waterfall, remember?"
@ Jericho: When there's something worth saying.
author=BurningTyger
Sometimes it can be the most concise reply to a question- like when your cleric asks how you feel after you've nearly cracked your head open. "Like shit, Sherlock. I just fell off a waterfall, remember?"

That's horrible dialogue for an rpg. It would make me not want to play the game anymore.

Everyone needs to stop putting vulgarity in their rpgs because apparently nobody knows how to do it correctly.
BurningTyger
It's not supposed to be quality dialogue. The character asked is the Dumb Muscle of the party.
It's still bad. and wrong. its badong.
BurningTyger
It's so badong it's bagood!
ps. did art doyle exist in this parallel universe or did someone else write it?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sherlock is a mythological figure, like Zeus or Odin. He is fair game for fantasy RPGs.
author=BurningTyger
It's not supposed to be quality dialogue. The character asked is the Dumb Muscle of the party.

Just because the character is stupid doesn't mean the writer has to be.
author=LockeZ
Sherlock is a mythological figure, like Zeus or Odin. He is fair game for fantasy RPGs.

Yeah, fair as Jar Jar quoting Wayne's World.

exsqueezeme?
Swearing is just not my personal style.
BurningTyger
I never said it was mine exactly either. There's a place and time for it, that's all, though in general I agree more creative forms of expression should be used.
"Enough is enough! I've had it with this motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane! Everybody, strap in - I'm gonna open those fucking windows."

I don't see anything wrong with that kind of sentence.