CHANGING YOUR SCREEN NAME?

Pages: first 12 next last
I haven't gone on RMN in ages. Now that I look at my account, I don't really like the name I signed up with. Is there any way I can change it with my account as-is, or do I have to register a new one?
This is clearly not the right area. Moved.
author=Karsuman
This is clearly not the right area. Moved.

Yikes! I must have missed the part in the description when i was skimming through the different sections. Sorry about that. I'll pay a little closer attention next time.
I want to change my name as well. Clearly, "Fist" isn't doing it for me anymore.
Same here, but it's not allowed as far as I know... :-(
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
If it's allowed under the new regime, I'd like to know.
Nobody wants to answer the question and get held to it if it breaks anything :v
that's what i thought. hopefully things are anchored to user ids rather than usernames, though!

also since nobody has specified what they want their username changed to you should change them all to CLOUD_STRIFE_666
author=geodude
also since nobody has specified what they want their username changed to you should change them all to CLOUD_STRIFE_666

xXGeoDudeXx
PLEASE CHANGE MY NAME TO xXx~gEoDuDe~xXx
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Oh, it's never broke anything in the system to change usernames. It was just annoying to handle, and also it was abused. Some users changed their RMN username simply to "bump" their games on the game page as they used to be sorted automatically by username. We'll consider these on a case-by-case basis.

author=geodude
PLEASE CHANGE MY NAME TO xXx~gEoDuDe~xXx

I was going to do this as joke but then you wouldn't be able to log in unless you figured it out.
Clearly what we need is to change the User DB so there is a username and the visible username. Geodude could sign in as Geodude and have his name appear as xXx~gEoDuDe~xXx!

Adding it to the rmn wishlist
I really don't want namechanges to happen at all. I remember on GW it was so damn hard to keep track of who was who because they thought it'd be fun to change their names once a week.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I would really like to change my name to something more universal. :x
Should be allowed but make it rare and require a public annoumcement.

New people really have to watch what they choose as their username. You never really which sites you are going to get serious about posting on. On one MMA site I wound up with the username Dreamsofcheese.

Lurkers please choose your names carefully. Make sure it's something you can live with if you decide six months later to start posting in the forums.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
@Billwillaims - nicely said! because you never do know when you are going to get serious about a site.
I was bouncing around abit, but RMN was obviously the best and had gamepages, which is just awesome.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
author=Billwilliams
Should be allowed but make it rare and require a public annoumcement.

New people really have to watch what they choose as their username. You never really which sites you are going to get serious about posting on. On one MMA site I wound up with the username Dreamsofcheese.

Lurkers please choose your names carefully. Make sure it's something you can live with if you decide six months later to start posting in the forums.

Thats what happened to me... ):
author=Shinan
I really don't want namechanges to happen at all. I remember on GW it was so damn hard to keep track of who was who because they thought it'd be fun to change their names once a week.
Isn't it possible to have some event once a year where everyone can change their username if they want, and all the changes are listed somewhere? I saw this working on another site.
Maybe people could pay to change their names. Like donate 100€ to the site or something.
Pages: first 12 next last