SUNVOX - GREAT MUSIC TRACKER

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Yesterday I found great tracker, absolutely by accident. It is great mix between classic tracker, Jeskola Buzz and eJay-likesoftware (which you can see even by looking at screenshots). The best thing about it is that is available for free for Windows, Mac and Linux - iPhone/iPad version is paid one, but even I as declared pirate know that it is worth to buy it (and there is very limited amount of software I can say that about. To that moment these was mostly Zylom games so it's mean something).The best proof of greatness of this software is that even such music-making invalid like me literally in few minutes made good sounding, maybe not song, because it's to short, but jingle without even looking to documentation or tutorials: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/22999027/file.html. Think what can accomplish someone really gifted at music!

My jingle's SunVox project file: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/65439744/file.html

And most important - link to SunVox website: http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
As soon as I saw that the generator makes triangle, saw, rect, noise, dirty, and sin - I fell in love.

I was always a huge fan of famitracker, but this is fantastic in it's own as well.
Rave
Yeah, generator is wonderful.

I saw a triangle, then heard noise near tiny rect and after that I've realised that it was dirty sin. :-)

On serious note I think that someday SV may beat even Renoise considering two facts:
- It's free
- Even now it's very powerful software.
Wow, this is pretty nice. I don't know if this will break me away from Famitracker and MadTracker, but I may use it at least a little bit. At least it's easier to use than OpenMPT :P
Rave
Yeah, SunVox is really great. It mixes best things of Jeskola Buzz (modular structure, you load modules which stands for real musical hardware in studio, then connects it to amplifer (speakers) via "wires"), classic tracker (it's really easy to put notes here, easier than in JB where often you don't know if the column where is cursor is for note, parameter or something else - I've even saw several non-drum generators which don't have column for note and in JB it's pretty hard to play with samples), and eJay like software (you put patterns on Timeline in similar way than you do it in eJay, although here you have virtually unlimited amount of tracks where in eJ it's limited to 16/32 tracks in newer versions).

Also there are almost none flaws of these software (and if there are some they're that small that you can live with it) - you have complete control over you song (which is not so obvious in eJay case - eJay is a lego set, you have some bricks but with them some things are impossible to do while SunVox is basically lego factory - you can build "bricks" (patterns) to match your needs entirely), you don't have to look for samples if you know how to do it with generators which limits result filesize (with classic trackers you may spend hours at looking for samples and even then you may not find what you need) and "machines" ("modules" according to SunVox dictionary) are easy to use (which is one of flaws of Jeskola Buzz - I've mentioned about lack of note column in some of generators which makes them extremely hard to use)
idk, i can see a gaping flaw already, unless i've missed something

a tracker that doesn't export to tracker format?
Rave
SunVox has it's own format, just like Jeskola Buzz. If you're worried that you won't be able to listen to sunvox songs in winamp, I have to assure that there is winamp plugin and even xmms (linux equivalent of winamp) one. Also on the site is available mod/xm->sunvox converter. For full happiness there is only lack of it converter.

Anyway I don't think xm/it/mod/whatever-you-mean-by-tracker-format export is technically possible, because SunVox have several features that aren't supported by classic tracker formats.
author=Rave2010
Anyway I don't think xm/it/mod/whatever-you-mean-by-tracker-format export is technically possible, because SunVox have several features that aren't supported by classic tracker formats.

Then whats the use if you can't put it into a video game? Could you render it in .ogg, or. mp3?

Also, some people like small file sizes. .it, .mod, etc are standardized for a reason, so that they can be used in video games. (RM, I don't know, but sphere can).
well, it does have .wav output...
Rave
author=geodude
well, it does have .wav output...

...And then you can convert it to .ogg or mp3 via audacity.

Also Alex Zolotov, author of this program has given out all things needed to make player of .sunvox files. In his album Back to the Sources ( http://www.warmplace.ru/music/btts/btts.zip ). By downloading this file you get chipdisk with songs from this album (all songs are in .sunvox format) along with sources of player which you can use to make library or fmod plugin for sunvox files playback.
Pages: 1