WHAT CAKE SHOULD I USE ...

Pages: first 12 next last
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I am throwing a surprise birthday party for my roommate and I don't know what cake I should use.

Red velvet cake or cheesecake?
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
my vote is always for cheesecake

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i gotta side with my southern heritage on this one

red velvet
I had CheeseCake about two weeks ago, and I just made Red Velvet Cupcakes yesterday. I liked the Red Velvet a little bit better, but that may have something to do with the cream cheese frosting :0 I would try Red Velvet
YDS
Hmm. This is tough. 50/50 ...
I'd say cheesecake but that's mostly because I have no idea what Red Velvet cake is.
tardis

it's pretty much the coolest type of cake ever
While people do love cheesecake, I wouldn't really think of it as a birthday type cake, so I'm siding with red velvet.
YDS
I am leaning towards the Red Velvet cake because it is cheaper - BUT the cheesecake has more decorating space.
I'd never even heard of Red Velvet cake until now.
author=NewBlack
I'd never even heard of Red Velvet cake until now.

I've never had it myself, but it does look pretty.

Personally my favorite cake is Funfetti with milk chocolate icing : D
YDS
Hm. I do have the option of chocolate cake, but I don't think the birthday-ee likes it.
Ice cream cake is the best, but usually not very cheap :/
author=YDS
Hm. I do have the option of chocolate cake, but I don't think the birthday-ee likes it.

Well, I think red velvet, while an easy cake to make, would be more unusual, depending on where you live, and will seem fancier than just chocolate or yellow.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
you should obviously choose neither of those and instead bake an rpgmaker cake with vx frosting for extra calories and transfats
author=Magi
you should obviously choose neither of those and instead bake an rpgmaker cake with vx frosting for extra calories and transfats

mmmmm, square RTP flavour.
tardis
author=Felix20
Ice cream cake is the best, but usually not very cheap :/

ice cream cake is terrible and greasy and if you can't eat dairy it's pretty disappointing to be at an event and not be able to eat the food because it's got ice cream in it
Pages: first 12 next last