[FULL GAME]U.S.G. ~A NEW BEGINNING ~

Pages: first prev 123 next last
I'm so going to download this game over on my main PC which can handle this game's awesomeness. It's time like this you wish you brought that Dell laptop you saw on sale last week.
Well that's lucky for me because i have a dell laptop and i hardly ever use it. They aren't that great anyway.
I asked my mother to buy me a ram stick for my birthday and hopefully I can play this game with no avail and lags and stuff :D

Hima why are you so good ;_;
@brandonabley
Thank you! For those musics that don't come from video game or anime OST, I took them from flashkit website where they offer you free loop music. And I can't say thank you enough when you said you could write better music for me XD

@tsimehC & Archeia_Nessiah
Don't forget to come back with your feedback! It's my first attempt to shmup so I still could use some comments :)

@WIP
Is there a limited to the size of the file that you can upload?

author=demondestiny link=topic=836.msg12391#msg12391 date=1208492701
Well that's lucky for me because i have a dell laptop and i hardly ever use it. They aren't that great anyway.

Depends on which one you got. The XPS range are great with a 256MB Gfx card.

Anyhows, I played this game. I was impressed with the whole shooting system. Reminded me of Halley Wars but the dialogue I felt was too heavy. This has probably been said already but yeah just finished the first mission and I just skipped the entire dialogue thing as it got a bit too annoying. I did experience some lag during play but not enough to put me off playing the game. However it's been a long time since I played any XP game and I'm glad I played this.
I'll play more as the summer rolls in but so far I like all the animations, sound effects etc. The voiceover was quiet but I didn't mind really.
Oh, and I really liked the controls too. ^_^
Ok - played it right through and WOW - this is a wonderful little piece of gaming, and I enjoyed the story a lot. Very nice graphical touches and an excellent use of the program to break out of the norm. Potentially I would suggest a second play mode that throws the levels at you straight after each other without any plot interludes or level selecting, to allow for quick-play for repeat players - but otherwise a top download.

I salute you!
author=Enker link=topic=836.msg12458#msg12458 date=1208545642
Ok - played it right through and WOW - this is a wonderful little piece of gaming, and I enjoyed the story a lot. Very nice graphical touches and an excellent use of the program to break out of the norm. Potentially I would suggest a second play mode that throws the levels at you straight after each other without any plot interludes or level selecting, to allow for quick-play for repeat players - but otherwise a top download.

I salute you!

Well if you repeat the levels you can skip the cutscenes. So click on the levels and play them again in order choosing a higher difficulty and I guess that's basically New Game +.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=hima link=topic=836.msg12424#msg12424 date=1208522957
@WIP
Is there a limited to the size of the file that you can upload?
It's on a per-game basis. Your game would be accepted, though, so don't worry.
So guys I wrote some music that I was hoping would find its way into this game in a revision.

Listen:
http://www.brandonabley.com/files/Bullet%20Hell.mp3

Download:
http://www.brandonabley.com/files/Bullet%20Hell.zip

Hima: If you would like I can redo the entire soundtrack. I just need a list of what's what! I am completely serious about this. Uh do you have AIM or something?
@brandonabley
I have AIM, but I rarely online on that. I usually online on MSN. I'll send the detail to you via PM, is that ok? XD

@Enker
I salute you too, for finish the game XD And yeah, the new game+ is basically what brandonabley answered. You can try setting your status for your own challenge too :)

@tsimehC
I'm glad that the lag didn't turn you off. That's what I'm afraid the most, since RGSS is pretty slow, compare to other game engine :( Please come back with what you think about the game and the plot once you finish it!

@WIP
Cool. I'll upload the game when I'm at my college where the internet speed is much faster then :D
Arts cool, but the enemies creep me the fock out.

Its like me fighting smilies.

>:( ;D 8) ??? :-X <---

.. then again anyone happy for no reason creeps me out as well.
@RoseSkye
lol I thought it would be fun if the enemies were really smilies. That would make an interesting game haha. There will be more types of enemies in the later stages, though. :)
Due to the upcoming of the new version, I'd have to remove the game link for now. :)
The OST is so close to being completed guys and it's pretty good in my opinion.
So I finished the soundtrack for this game! Download the suite at my website.

www.brandonabley.com

It's AMAZING.
I have always liked your music so i will give this one a download. Congrats on finishing it. :)
With the new contents, the game's size will probably be larger than 42 MB. I hope people don't mind about that...I'll try to keep it under 60 MB :S

Anyway, new screenies!

The Orb Of Ice

This guy's attack pattern isn't that bad. His reverse bubbles, on the other hand, are real pain in the butt.

The Orb Of Fire

The flame on left and right will moving in and out all the time, so your escape space is pretty narrow. The fact that his red bullets are always aimed toward you isn't help either :P

Yes, at first I was going to add only one extra boss. But I was carried away that I made a whole new extra stage *sigh*
This game is absolutely nuts. Man, whatever you take to pump out stuff like this, keep taking it!
Dude WHEN is this going to be finished :'( :'(
Almost there my friend. Just hang in there!
Pages: first prev 123 next last