NEED HELP WITH BATTLER POSITIONING IN RMXP.

Pages: 1
OK so here's the deal. I need to change where the battlers show up and have no idea how to do it. I looked through the scripts thinking "Oh, this should be simple, right?" Turns out, I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a little poorly drawn mockup of what I want it to look like.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I can't help you(sorry) but basically like a pokemon set up?
And haha, does that say "faget"?
Yes and yes. Glad to see you like my character names lol
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
I think you could use this site... Please bare in mind, it's ~OLD~ and I have not used RMXP in a loooong time, so I don't really understand how any of it really works any more.

Just read everything carefully and the site walks you through it all:

http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html

(Cute drawing, btw...) ^^
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, positioning the enemy battler is easy. You can just drag it to the spot you want on the Troops page.

To change the locations of the actor battlers, go to the Game_Actor script, down to line 570. This is where the x and y positions of the actors in battle scenes are defined. You want to redefine the screen_x and screen_y methods to return the coordinates you want the actors at. I'm not sure if these coordinates refer to the center of the actor, or the corner, or the center of the top edge, or what, so experiment a little.
The origin of a battler/sprite is the bottom center.

Try this, just set spacing & offset to whatever works for your battlers.

class Game_Actor
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Get Battle Screen X-Coordinate
def screen_x
# Return after calculating x-coordinate by order of members in party
if self.index != nil
# Set spacing to distance between battlers
# Set offset to distance between left edge & 1st battler
spacing = 32
offset = 24
return self.index * spacing + offset
else
return 0
end
end
# * Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate
def screen_y
return 320 # the top of the battle status window
end
end
Everything works fine except that the spacing and offset don't seem to do anything.
I just tested changing them, and it works fine for me.

Where did you paste the script? (Insert between Scene_Debug & Main)?

Change the spacing to 160, and the offset to 80, and they should be centered above their stats again.
I pasted it in the right place. Still nothing. Here's a screen of what it looks like.
I don't think the SDK redifines screen_x or screen_y,

What is "4man"??

Try moving the "BattlerPosition" script down, right above main.
I found the problem. The SDK was interfering with the script, so I got rid of it. 4man is for a menu script.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You could just try moving your BattlerPosition script below the SDK. If a function is defined in multiple scripts, the last one is the one that's used. (Unless it's after Main - anything defined after Main is not used at all.)

However if the SDK is redefining battle layout to not USE the screen_x and screen_y functions, then it still won't work. But if you want to use the SDK then it's worth a try.
Pages: 1