BIN LADEN DEFEATED

Well, I just heard on the news that Bin Laden had been taken out by a shooter. This is a great day for Americans because he'd been a thorn in our side for a long time.

.. Power Rangers did it.
Your party was victorious.
9999 oil found.
60000 exp gained.
AMERICA is now LVL 80.

/shame.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Haha, New Black. <3

Alright, in an effort to prevent this topic from being fucking retarded from jump street and stimulate actual discussion;

What now? How does this change the face of the war on terror? What's our 'next goal' in terms of finding high profile targets? What's changed and what's stayed the same?
author=Radnen
Well, I just heard on the news that Bin Laden had been taken out by a shooter. This is a great day for Americans because he'd been a thorn in our side for a long time.

.. Power Rangers did it.

WRONG. Duke Nukem did it, which is why it took so long
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Feldschlacht IV
What now? How does this change the face of the war on terror? What's our 'next goal' in terms of finding high profile targets? What's changed and what's stayed the same?
Well, as I was saying in IRC, hopefully it will demoralize the Taliban, rather than view him as a martyr.
The Taliban announced that were going to start their "Spring Offensive" soon, so hopefully that might throw them off, if Bin Laden even still had a hand in the workings of the terrorist organizations. (but also again, they may be demoralized)
And I think a lot has changed, and at the same time nothing.
We'll see though, the future will come and answer our questions.
We can't really foresee how the radical terrorists will react.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I'm sorry to say this but first off, the costs to get this "revenge" if that even is a correct term considering countless of privatized military corporations are still making millions off of the war on terror, were beyond that of 3,000 american lives.

I say again, 3,000 american lives are not worth the death and destruction we wrought in the middle east.

Oh wait they are because as I said the top of american society is still making a fortune.

You could say they are making "a killing", heaheaheaheahea!!!
War is big business. Why isn't there a war on homelessness? Because there's no money to be made from it.

The term "war on terror" makes me laugh. I wonder what other polarizing abstract concepts we can wage war against.

I think that's sort of a simplification of the situation, Despite. While I think our presence in the Middle East is overstayed, I don't think its fair to say us actions accomplished absolutely nothing. While its pretty much a lot of our fault in the past for our problems now, it's incredibly naive to think that in the current day, there aren't mean people out there wanting to get us.
author=Feldschlacht IV

What's changed? Obama has a sure-fire reelection in store. Like Infection said, who knows whether it'll have a fraying or galvanizing effect on radical individuals.
I seem to recall that Benazir Bhutto was assassinated in 2007 for trying to go public about Bin Laden having been dead for a long time.
meh. Conspiracy theories abound. I have my news sources. They aren't mainstream.

author=Feldschlacht IV
While its pretty much a lot of our fault in the past for our problems now, it's incredibly naive to think that in the current day, there aren't mean people out there wanting to get us.

There would be a lot less "mean people" if the Iraqi, Afghani, nigh-Libyan, and not-quite-Pakistani occupations ended.
Yeah you'd be pretty pissed if your country was occupied and economically crippled by outsiders.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I am pretty sure both countries were already occupied and economically crippled by insiders already.
author=rcholbert
I am pretty sure both countries were already occupied and economically crippled by insiders already.

That's called government!
author=rcholbert

Ahaha it's true.
author=Drakonais
What's changed? Obama has a sure-fire reelection in store.

Meh; I'd rather politics suffice that rather than luck-of-the-draw. America has been searching for Bin Laden since '98, that's across three different presidential campaigns. It just happens to be now that we finally do find and (this time) kill him. He's been under our radars with tantalizing orders to kill for a while now. But since he's been on graves, in mosques, etc. We couldn't do it (don't know why) (sometimes faulty evidence too). But since he was found in some sort of stronghold or compound (as media said) - fair game! Boom!
I bet the guy who shot Osama is feelin' pretty cool.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Natook

RL gamerscore increased tenfold.

All the news covers tonight is that Osama is dead and Obama taking ownership for the act. History and sacrifice aside, it's become nothing more than copy/pasted chain letters.
author=Corfaisus
author=Natook
RL gamerscore increased tenfold.

All the news covers tonight is that Osama is dead and Obama taking ownership for the act.

Well, it was during his presidency, feather in his cap. Any other president ever would have done the same.