PREGNANT MAN

Pages: first 12 next last
I have seen this on plenty of sites already so i decided i'd post it here. Here is the link to the full article.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3628860.ece

So, what do you think? I was pretty disgusted with this when i heard. And what's worse is that he is happy with himself.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Well, if he is happy then he has chosen the decision he felt was right to his own beliefs, people should just let it go. Yeah, to probably most men all over the world this seems just wrong, but people do things that makes them happy and we shouldn't be able to stomp all over that, even if it means a man is now going to give birth to his child. I'll admit I don't like it, but it's his choice.

Though, I'll say that it will be quite weird for that kid growing up knowing he was given birth by a man and not a woman. Well, a man who kept his female organs.

This is probably really, irrelevent and not needed, but my outlook on life is if you choose a decision that you are happy with, no matter it if at the expense of others or no one at all, you made your own right decision.
I love this comment:

if seahorses can do it, why can't we?

Alana, Ann Arbor, USA

GEE. I WONDER WHY.
author=Jakester link=topic=841.msg11170#msg11170 date=1206783268
Though, I'll say that it will be quite weird for that kid growing up knowing he was given birth by a man and not a woman. Well, a man who kept his female organs.

Yes, i feel sorry for the kid. It wouldn't be too good bringing that up when he starts school or something.
author=demondestiny link=topic=841.msg11210#msg11210 date=1206867019
Yes, i feel sorry for the kid. It wouldn't be too good bringing that up when he starts school or something.

Gay couple adoptions have been around for some time now. Stop acting like the kid is going to have a terrible life. If this guy is willing to give birth to a baby under strict conditions, then he'll probably give it lots of loving care.

I see nothing wrong with this, you guys are acting like hardcore christians (no offense) reacting to gay marriages being introduced.
I understand what you are saying Darken but i wouldn't say we are acting like hardcore christians. I mean, this isn't really a natural thing that happens everyday. That's why it was big news.
I agree with Darken, if the child is loved and treated well nothing else matters, whos to say that gay couples won't be as good parents just because they're not the average family (What determines average now-a-days anyway?)

I live in the UK and that was front page over here too (Tabloids of course)
author=demondestiny link=topic=841.msg11231#msg11231 date=1206958957
I understand what you are saying Darken but i wouldn't say we are acting like hardcore christians. I mean, this isn't really a natural thing that happens everyday. That's why it was big news.

Gay marrages being introduced for the first time would be pretty big news.
I knew what he had done before I even read the article. The only way it's humanly possible is for it to be a transgendered individual who may or may not have had SRS (like this person did).

It's really nothing big to me either. I mean, I can agree with his comment: "It's not a male or a female desire. It's a human desire." I'd rather not bring up things that relate to myself, but I don't really see anything wrong about it. It's just a way to make a fancy headline, a couple of bucks, and a few sold tabloids.

Also, before someone makes the argument that "she's a woman," people who have undergone SRS are considered legally the sex that they've transitioned into. So, though yes, he was born a woman, he's a man. He just chose not to fully transition. I say more power to him to be able to make that decision.
Erynden
You know, that's the first thing that went through my mind when I first heard about this, "a lot of christians are going to make this a big deal or another type of sin." Sorry if that sounded prejuidice about christians, but most of the christians that I know of are like darken said, hardcore christians.
I think it's fucking disgusting that anybody could be upset at all about this happening and anyone that is upset has obviously never met a transgendered person before. Can you even imagine what it's like to literally be different gender on the inside? I wouldn't say that some of you guys aren't acting like hardcore christians but rather ignorant bigots. It's a little funny and maybe I've gotten a chuckle out of how awkward a transgendered person looks when they try to integrate with society, but seriously it's one of the hardest things a person can go through and it's profoundly disturbing that anyone is actually offended that a transgendered person might perhaps still want to reproduce.

Besides, this is basically just a woman who has had plastic surgery who has been artificially inseminated. I acknowledge that Hormone therapy is actually a little more complicated than that. Still, basically the only thing making Thomas different from any other inseminated woman is that he has had his breasts removed and has taken a pill so that he can grow facial hair. He also insists on being called a man because maybe he feels like one. Does this mean he doesn't have the right to reproduce like the rest of us?

author=demondestiny link=topic=841.msg11167#msg11167 date=1206780631
So, what do you think? I was pretty disgusted with this when i heard. And what's worse is that he is happy with himself.

While we are on the topic of bigotry I have met a few homosexuals who are happy with how they have decided to live. Maybe I should introduce them to you!
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I think this whole thing is a non-issue. To me, however, he'll never become a MAN. Until they can redo all the plumbing inside to act like a man, it's still a woman to me.

Having said that, if he wishes to be called a man, then so be it. It's not my position to tell him how to live his life. If he wants to have a baby, go for it. It's still not a Pregnant Man.
author=WIP link=topic=841.msg11347#msg11347 date=1207152425
It's still not a Pregnant Man.

Maybe Bearded Lady is more appropriate <3
author=brandonabley link=topic=841.msg11344#msg11344 date=1207151667
I think it's fucking disgusting that anybody could be upset at all about this happening and anyone that is upset has obviously never met a transgendered person before. Can you even imagine what it's like to literally be different gender on the inside? I wouldn't say that some of you guys aren't acting like hardcore christians but rather ignorant bigots. It's a little funny and maybe I've gotten a chuckle out of how awkward a transgendered person looks when they try to integrate with society, but seriously it's one of the hardest things a person can go through and it's profoundly disturbing that anyone is actually offended that a transgendered person might perhaps still want to reproduce.

Besides, this is basically just a woman who has had plastic surgery who has been artificially inseminated. I acknowledge that Hormone therapy is actually a little more complicated than that. Still, basically the only thing making Thomas different from any other inseminated woman is that he has had his breasts removed and has taken a pill so that he can grow facial hair. He also insists on being called a man because maybe he feels like one. Does this mean he doesn't have the right to reproduce like the rest of us?

author=demondestiny link=topic=841.msg11167#msg11167 date=1206780631

While we are on the topic of bigotry I have met a few homosexuals who are happy with how they have decided to live. Maybe I should introduce them to you!

I don't give a shit what the hell he does. When i say that i was disgusted by this i meant that it is fucking unnatural. If he wants to remove his breasts, take pills to grow facial hair (can't see how that makes him a man) then he can but it is just going to stuff up his life. Please tell me how many friends he is going to make? People will critisize him in public, work etc. His life is ruined. Is it really worth it?

Oh and i don't think i need to meet those people. I have already met you. That's enough.
author=demondestiny link=topic=841.msg11376#msg11376 date=1207178994
I don't give a shit what the hell he does. When i say that i was disgusted by this i meant that it is fucking unnatural. If he wants to remove his breasts, take pills to grow facial hair (can't see how that makes him a man) then he can but it is just going to stuff up his life. Please tell me how many friends he is going to make? People will critisize him in public, work etc. His life is ruined. Is it really worth it?

Oh and i don't think i need to meet those people. I have already met you. That's enough.

Okay but keep in mind that you are a bigot.

I think you are anaware that by being born transgendered, his life was ruined the moment it started. Because of his challenges, he will never have a normal life. Gender reassignment therapy and artificial insemination will make his life as normal as it possibly can be, and I think he is probably happy with that.

Also, you seem really concerned about his friends and what other people think of him. Generally, adults don't care about making new friends or about what other people think about them and rather what they personally value.

Also:

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Adults are awesome. Since becoming one, I have gained a new appreciation for myself and generally do not care what other people think.

That is an awesome image, too. My brother has that on a shirt.
I love you guys. <3 Well, except demondestiny. But this is certainly a hell of a lot better than how I've seen several places and people handle it even so.

Believe me, demondestiny has not even touched on the level of bigotry I've seen in response to this article. D:
i've never really cared my whole life of what people think of me and couldn't care less since i became an adult. Hey, i get abused nearly every day. ;D

Also, that's a mean comment Ceceil. :'(
Erynden
Sorry for going off topic here, but what the heck is bigot or bigotry? Yes, I am the most clueless person anyone I know has met. >_<

Meh, I care what people think of me, but not to a point where I would change who I am for a person to think of me more highly. I'll slightly change to either not to piss them off so much or to really get on their nerves.

And... ouch for DemonD.
author=Jakester link=topic=841.msg11448#msg11448 date=1207264999
Sorry for going off topic here, but what the heck is bigot or bigotry? Yes, I am the most clueless person anyone I know has met. >_<

A bigot is someone like a racist or a homophobe or a misogynist who hates entire groups of people because they don't fit into his socio-economic profile. In the case of most forum members here, a bigot would be someone who hates anyone that isn't white, middle class, heterosexual, Christian (or having Christian values like most Americans do) and college-bound/educated.
Pages: first 12 next last