MINECRAFT: POST WHATS IN YOUR WORLD

Pages: first prev 12 last
I see an almost exact Britain and a very destroyed Ireland on there. That map looks like it could make a good post-apocalyptic expanded earth...

In any case, I'd post something, but I tend to delete and restart my single player saves before I do anything too complex, and I haven't really done much amazing on multiplayer either, cept maybe a large tower block but I have a feeling that when I go to it now, it'll have been invaded and destroyed, along with the kick ass landscape around it :(
author=geodude
why not play with some real dwarves
real dwarfs apparently don't build working computers.
also, everything looks better in minecraft, there's nothing wrong with ascii graphics but DF could definitely benefit from a bit of eye-candy.
Don't get me wrong, Dwarf fortress is a great game.

If there was a game that looked like minecraft (with texture packs of course) and worked like Dwarf Fortress (with some additions, like redstone) then,
well.......
you get the picture (ignore the fact that this would take an extremely powerful computer to run a decent sized map, let alone procedurally generated infinite maps :P)

anyone ever visit "Dorkly" or College Humor?

This is an amazing minecraft world.

author=Felix20
author=geodude
why not play with some real dwarves
real dwarfs apparently don't build working computers.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Computing

this is one of the more well known crazy applications of dwarf fortress!
About DF and Minecraft... they both appeal to a different kind of people I think, Minecraft is simple to get into, it's more graphical, and shaping a 3d world that you can see and doing it yourself personally from first person perspective is satisfying for a lot of people.....

On the other hand, DF is much more complex, probably more rewarding, but requires incredible amount of time to get into... I personally couldn't do it/couldn't be bothered to try to understand that game, I already had a hard time getting into NetHack and all it's functions and shortcuts and commands and whatnot.

Well, what I'm trying to say is, to each his own :D

Would like to post some screens from my world to keep on topic, but recent two version of the game brought a shitton of bugs, so I'm waiting for those to be fixed first.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I made this great dungeon tomb, and all these huge structures. Then I died and respawned where I started originally, and have no idea where my buildings are. Goodbye Minecraft!
author=Dudesoft
I made this great dungeon tomb, and all these huge structures. Then I died and respawned where I started originally, and have no idea where my buildings are. Goodbye Minecraft!

You can make a bed with three wood planks on the bottom row and three cotton in the middle row. Sleeping in it will set your spawn point.
And if you really want to try locate the site again, craft a map and start exploring directions from the spawn point and hope you didn't go too far away. The map can cover a pretty large area, so if there's a large structure on the surface it should leave a mark.
author=geodude
this is one of the more well known crazy applications of dwarf fortress!

I stand corrected
Pages: first prev 12 last