RPG MAKER QUESTIONS: TECHNICAL AND OTHERWISE

Pages: 1
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
"RPG Maker Questions: Technical and otherwise"

Okay, I've got 1 question, and the other part of this topic will be finding someone willing to help and with a few things scripting wise via RPG Maker XP via MSN IM.

The very first question is as followed:

1. On RPG Maker 2003, they have a thing that memorizes the Map ID so you can quickly teleport back based on the thing that pulls up memorized ID's. The question is, is there anything like that in XP? I cannot seem to find it.

Now, I'm in need, greatly, of someone who is basically a master in the Ruby Scripting Language so they can in-fact help me code in a video with the Title screen, as well as emulate, so-to-speak, the Suikoden styled battles and war battles.

I've already started working on the game, but the scripting itself is what I'm lacking in and will be needing help in.

If anyone is actually willing to collaborate with me through Instant Messages, please, please, please post on here so I then can PM me my MSN IM Address.

Now to explain what the game is. I'm doing a fan version of the Hit RPG game known as Suikoden. As it has been seen many times over, it is a very hard and time consuming game to make. Many have failed due to what it takes to get the job done, but I have the time to do it. I have an online shirt shop as is the main job I've got now, so I don't have to worry about going to work and cutting time off of this.

The story is a What-if version of Suikoden 1. It tells the story of Tir if he didn't go into the Liberation Army at the time he did.

The time is 2 years later, after the fall of the current Liberation Army. During the timeline of the actual game, it had Odessa and Flic and others, but not many. This story has new playable characters, old, and will follow the same path but in a different way.

Now that I told you about it, I hope it helps get someone willing to be involved with it.
1) Set 3 variables
Control Variables --> Character --> Map X & Map Y
Control Variables --> Other --> Map ID
Then, in the "Transfer Player" command, use the "Appoint with variables" option

2) There are several suikoden style battle systems & Introduction/Title scripts out there, you just need to hunt them down.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Can anyone help me find and configure an Auto life script?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Exit Fate has some good Suiko gameplay. Battles are pretty different, but involve rows and columns so it's a good foundation (and Suikoden combat is awful anyway). Plus it has Suikoden 2 style war battles. Get a decrypter and look into the scripts it uses.
Pages: 1