HOW TO MAKE IMPORTED CHARS TRANSPARENT FROM PHOTOSHOP?

Pages: 1
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
I remember there is a topic in the help section that addresses the problem I am having...but I can't find it. I have been looking for about 3 hours. >__<

I make my characters in Photoshop...set them as a .PNG format so that the transparent background stays in-place.
Sometimes this works....sometimes it does not.
I remember there is something you have to do in Photoshop to make sure when it is loaded into RPGVX the Character sprites do not pop up on a white background.
Even though you have it setup for a transparent background. *sigh*

I will continue looking for the topic if no one can help.
I should have bookmarked it. @__@ Blargh...
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
Have you tried dragging those transparent charsets into the Characters folder instead?
Ketsumio
Thank you for your suggestion. :)

All my charsets are in the character folder. They work in RPGVX, after I select white to be the transparent color. BUT I do not have a white background behind them....LOL
I can not seem to get the sprite to POP up without loading the "select a transparency". This is a problem because white is used in some of my charasets...
Melkino
Ah, okay!

What I meant was, let's say you first have your character sprites somewhere other than the Characters folder. Those sprites would have white in them, like their eyes and their clothes and so on. But not the backgrounds.

Then drag and drop (or copy paste) those sprites to your game's Characters folder in Explorer instead of importing them with VX. This should bypass the engine's import function entirely without having to deal with its transparency options. I often do this because the engine likes to fade out the whites of my sprites' eyes when I told it not to! :c

(I hope I'm understanding your issue correctly, lol)
Ketsumio
That works!

LOL Thanks for the help! :)
Melkino
You're welcome. ^^
Pages: 1