BYE

Pages: 1
overdramatic to make a topic about it but i'm going / i'm gone so if anyone sends me a pm etc and i dont respond its because of that and not that i'm personally blanking you or whatever. so long guys
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Craze, Creation, now Catmitts?
All esteemed members with a name that starts with C, you've been warned!

On a more serious note, what the hell is going on?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
fuck everything
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari

This...

captain's log, stardate 1312.4. the impossible has happened.

I really wanted to play your FrogWorldRPG. I am sad to see ya go....
Well, the way I see it...

This is a site for people who make games and play games.
People who make games can make gamepages for people who play games, so they can comment, review, give feedback, and, of course, play.
So, people who make games can not only get downloads, but interact with their players.
People who make games can also talk to other people who make games, play other people's games, get ideas, inspiration, and give feedback.
It's all so awesome.
People can also go to forums and relax, talk about random stuff, socialize, play with internet social dynamics, etc. Some times it makes sensitive people mad.
But they can choose not to, and one thing in no way depends on the other.

So, for someone to leave RMN, they're either:
- Mad at things that happens on the forums (which is stupid, because they can choose not to enter).
- Mad at things people say about their games (which is stupid, because they should be open to criticism).
- Not interested in whether people play their games or not, and not interested in getting comments and feedback (which, in my opinion, is the most stupid attitude of all).

There are probably other options, but they're too stupid to mention.

Bottom line, people who leave RMN are stupid. There, I said it. Not taking it back.

catmitts, my (main) intention was not to call you stupid, just to say you shouldn't go. :P
But with those people leaving, it goes to show something is not right...

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!

EDIT: I think the more and most probable reason is lack of interaction within this community. I personally feel the community spirit here is dying...

EDIT2: On a side note, Creation is still active on Oniromancie, and his Slimongo game is still active, so he's doing well :)
I just assume I'm missing out on the drama because I don't go on the IRC chats. I'm comfortable with that idea.
Let's analyze this post called "bye" (found here)

The first thing we notice is the topic name. Three letters that combined produce a word that is a shortening of the word "goodbye" which is in itself a shortening of "God be with you". We can see in this abbrevation of the word early signs that the topic writer wishes to be short and to the point in whatever it is he is writing about. And if a conclusion from the meaning of this three-letter word can be drawn it would be that the topic writer wish to part ways.

Once the topic is opened we find short but telling text pertaining the nature of this parting. The topic writer, using the pseudonym "catmitts" opens the topic with:
overdramatic to make a topic about it but i'm going / i'm gone

A clear indication towards the parting insinuated in the topic title. However it does not end there. "catmitts" continues the sentence with a very telling phrase.
so if anyone sends me a pm etc and i dont respond its because of that and not that i'm personally blanking you or whatever.

This phrase implies not only a permanent parting of ways but also that any person trying to contact "catmitts" should not feel alarmed if he thus not respond because he is, as he says in the previous part of the sentence, "going/ i'm gone".

Another interpretation of said part of the sentence is in connection with the first part's first two words "overdramatic to". In here we see a sentence seemingly starting midway through and the missing fragment we might be looking at could be something like "I am too".

This would suggest that maybe "catmitts" did not want to make the topic called "bye" in the first place. However due to his considerate nature he decided to because of the first sentence's second half dealing with people wondering why they are ignoring him. Evidence of this is found in the second half's second half:
not that i'm personally blanking you or whatever.

The final sentence in the topic is
so long guys

which is another parting phrase that mirrors the topic title in that it has three words and the title has three letters. However there is a slight contradiction in this final statement made by "catmitts" because the phrase "so long" has an etymological meaning which is "for now". Implying that "catmitts" while gone "for now" is fully hoping to return one day. Two theories could be drawn from this (and a third more outrageous one which I will touch on but briefly). The first is that "catmitts" fully intends to return after saying his "so long". The parting is only temporary in his mind. The second is that this parting is involuntary on "catmitts'" part and that the "so long" is indication that he would wish to return but do not know if or when he can do so.

The third more outrageous option is that "catmitts'" so long actually is a reference to The Sound of Music "So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen" and that this is a subtle way for catmitts to indicate that he is being held prisoner by nazi sympathizers who do not agree with the notion that British Imperialists and Biggles went to Mars before the Nazis went to the Moon.

In conclusion I believe we are safe to say that "catmitts" is going to be absent for a while. However any other conclusions are hard to draw. Though I will personally be on the lookout for any Irish Nazi sympathisers trying to move body-shaped luggage.
SHINAN STOP CREATING DRAMA.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=sbester
I just assume I'm missing out on the drama because I don't go on the IRC chats. I'm comfortable with that idea.

Actually there's considerably less drama in IRC compared to the forums. Catmitts doesn't even go to IRC.
that's what you think
Pages: 1